Italian Boxing - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 10-28-2016, 06:27 PM #1
NSB's Golden Boy

Quoted: 1171 Post(s)
Canelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 154,597.97
Total Points: 2,117,444,876,388.06
Back at you, man! - anthonydavid11 Kigali is terrible.  Nice way to call him out on his BS. - anthonydavid11 
Default Italian Boxing

What do you think about Italian School of boxing?,they had some great fighters like Salvatore Burruni and Nino Benvenuti or Duilio Loi also contoversial Primo Carnera yet Italy isnt known as boxing country and is not respected like Mexico or USA.

Off topic:some former boxers relations with former Rivals amaze me like Benvenuti and Monzon very interesting friendship.

Can somebody tell me who trained Benventuti i cant find any informatinos(was it his father?)

Last edited by Canelo and GGG; 10-28-2016 at 06:34 PM.
Canelo and GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-31-2016, 03:31 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 595 Post(s)
yngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,047,104.55

Libero Golinelli trained Nino Benvenuti, the good trainer of amateurs and pros, Al Silvani trained him for two years, Benvenuti was by far my favorite italian.
Patrizio Oliva was another really good italian fighter as well as Giovani Parisi, both olympic champions and world champions in the pro ranks.
yngwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:48 AM #3
NSB's Golden Boy

Canelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo and GGG has a reputation beyond repute
Back at you, man! - anthonydavid11 Kigali is terrible.  Nice way to call him out on his BS. - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yngwie View Post
Libero Golinelli trained Nino Benvenuti, the good trainer of amateurs and pros, Al Silvani trained him for two years, Benvenuti was by far my favorite italian.
Patrizio Oliva was another really good italian fighter as well as Giovani Parisi, both olympic champions and world champions in the pro ranks.
Thanks,where you faund this informations? couldnt fight it on any website with informations about Nino.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:04 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 595 Post(s)
yngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond reputeyngwie has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,047,104.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
Thanks,where you faund this informations? couldnt fight it on any website with informations about Nino.
Godini was his trainer during almost all his career, Silvani is a well known trainer, he was his trainer when Benvenuti fought Monzon.
yngwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:27 PM #5
Infidel

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Humean has a reputation beyond reputeHumean has a reputation beyond reputeHumean has a reputation beyond reputeHumean has a reputation beyond reputeHumean has a reputation beyond reputeHumean has a reputation beyond reputeHumean has a reputation beyond reputeHumean has a reputation beyond reputeHumean has a reputation beyond reputeHumean has a reputation beyond reputeHumean has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 36,200,261,709,461.91
Total Points: 36,200,261,793,946.98
Because you are a big douche - Boxing Goat 

Italy produced a lot of good fighters up until around the 90s, Italy pretty much stopped being a major boxing country at the turn of the century. Similar story with France.

Bruno Arcari seems to be one of their best even though little is said about him outside Italy. My personal favourite is Sumbu Kalambay although he wasn't born in Italy.

Benvenuti also became good friends with Emile Griffith, I think I read that Griffith became the godfather to one of Benvenuti's sons. You certainly wouldn't have thought they'd become friends with the way Benvenuti was rabbit punching Griffith during their trilogy of fights.
Humean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:02 PM #6
NSB's Golden Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humean View Post
Italy produced a lot of good fighters up until around the 90s, Italy pretty much stopped being a major boxing country at the turn of the century. Similar story with France.

Bruno Arcari seems to be one of their best even though little is said about him outside Italy. My personal favourite is Sumbu Kalambay although he wasn't born in Italy.

Benvenuti also became good friends with Emile Griffith, I think I read that Griffith became the godfather to one of Benvenuti's sons. You certainly wouldn't have thought they'd become friends with the way Benvenuti was rabbit punching Griffith during their trilogy of fights.
Nino was also good friend of Monzon,he visted him in jail and fought for his fredom ,crazy.Emill was cool dude but this **** with Peret took something from him.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:16 AM #7
Contender

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
KidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,024,516.66

There was also Francesco Damiani, currently he is training amateur fighters as well as pro (if not mistaken) and used to train the Milano Thunder WSB fighters. Duilio Loi was a great old timer as well, had a record of 115 wins 3 loses 8 draws. There is a full documentary of great Italian old timers from Sardegna, cannot find it though.

Giacobbe Fragomeni is another good boxer as well, fought David Haye twice, once as an amateur and once as a pro, both times he gave Haye fits and was on the verge of winning. If not mistaken Fragomeni is now 47 years old and still active.

They also produced a lot of great amateur fighters, Domenico Valentino, Roberto Cammarelle, Vincenzo Mangiacapre to name a few.
KidDinamita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:19 AM #8
Contender

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
KidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeKidDinamita has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,024,516.66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
What do you think about Italian School of boxing?,they had some great fighters like Salvatore Burruni and Nino Benvenuti or Duilio Loi also contoversial Primo Carnera yet Italy isnt known as boxing country and is not respected like Mexico or USA.

Off topic:some former boxers relations with former Rivals amaze me like Benvenuti and Monzon very interesting friendship.

Can somebody tell me who trained Benventuti i cant find any informatinos(was it his father?)
Nino was also a great amateur, he only lost once and had 120 wins and in the pros he fought great names.
KidDinamita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 01:44 PM #9
Ph.D in the Sweet Science

Quoted: 3629 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 351,545,297,743,159,623,680.00
Total Points: 351,545,297,743,159,623,680.00
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&amp;w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER 

Boxing supposedly goes back to ancient Greece and Rome. You would think that Italy would have a bigger tradition in the sport than it does.
ShoulderRoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing, italian

User Tag List