Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 08-19-2012, 10:44 PM
New England
Strong champion.

Rep Power: 106 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 173,250,082,968,143.88
Total Points: 179,252,764,633,034.84
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 

you talkin about putting babies to sleep?

the stars have to align to create a puncher. that being said, there's an orientation around the finish that you used to see in boxing that you no longer see

it's a complicated can of worms. many of the good points have been raised. fighters suffer more from a loss today so they're very cautious, the amateur system is not based on doing damage, but scoring points per blow, etc.

i'll add another point that i've not seen : the gloves.

today's gloves are larger more heavily padded. grant gloves are like pillows. they soften punches and allow for greater ease of blocking punches.

reyes and everlast MX are still lose leather gloves with horsehair, but most other brands use dense foam and hard leather that holds it's form and doesnt allow the knuckles to penetrate into the target

anybody who has trained knows what i'm talking about with ze gloves.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 54 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,314,895,240,526.20
Total Points: 2,560,895,447,248.88
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
It seems as though todays fighters are not putting guys to sleep before they hit the canvas like hearns,jackson and mclellan did
I know donaires had some good one punch kos
Aswell as martinez's ko over williams
But do you think were lacking one punch ko artists in the boxing present?
No we're not lacking one punch ko artists, they've always been in the minority.

Bailey, Golovkin, Kessler, Abraham, Bute...ever heard of those guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Corso View Post
Everyone throws straight shots and thats not how power comes down
Hearns and McClellan generated KO power with straight punches. So does Wlad Klitschko.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:43 AM
apocalypto
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 apocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond reputeapocalypto has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,087,325.96

Why do people always forget jhonny gonzalez he puts guys to sleep, most of his fights nd in kos plus he mixes it with some of the best technical boxing today. Watch he will destroy de leon
Old 08-20-2012, 01:09 AM
pacmanis1
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 pacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,051,220.34
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentwo70 View Post
First thing: just wanted to say hello to everyone as I am new to this forum. I look forward to talking boxing even if it's arguing with some of you which will inevitably happen!
I recall Emmanuel Steward saying something on-air a few months ago about the change in approach trainers have implemented. He said something along the lines of fighters hitting pads as more of a means of coordination than for punching through a target which has accounted for the drop in legitimate power punchers. There's also the argument that boxing has lost its "great teachers" and that too sounds plausible. I happen to think that fighters are more aware nowadays of the health risks involved in boxing so there is a lean towards fighting in a more controlled fashion as to not leave themselves open to counters. I happen to believe that every world-class boxer has sufficient pop in their fists to hurt another similarly-sized opponent but the intent to do damage has to be implemented in order for that power to manifest itself.
Retired heavyweight Corrie Sanders once stated that you should ALWAYS go for the knockout when you see an opening and that seems to sum it up!
Welcome to the forums. Prepare to have your head hurt from some of the stupid crap you'll hear people say. I remember an article where Steward talked about this. He talked about how he believed the pad work has hurt boxers punching power. He also talked about how guys back in the day used to work the heavy bag with basically garden gloves. Personally when watching Bradley work the mitts in the 24/7 I could really see how he had no power in those punches. He was just trying to connect with the mitt. Made me wonder how right Steward may have been.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:36 AM
sicko
Floyd's Semen Collector

Rep Power: 21 sicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,002,216,270.39
good posts, here's a gift. - chiguy91 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 

Keith Thurman can be that type of guy...but the difference with Thurman and the others...is that Thurman has BOXING SKILLS to go with his One Punch KO Power

He is not just some dumb Face First Brawl just looking for that Punch which to me is going to make him a very dangerous contender real soon in his Division
Old 08-20-2012, 02:10 AM
codey
Hard act to follow

Rep Power: 16 codey has a reputation beyond reputecodey has a reputation beyond reputecodey has a reputation beyond reputecodey has a reputation beyond reputecodey has a reputation beyond reputecodey has a reputation beyond reputecodey has a reputation beyond reputecodey has a reputation beyond reputecodey has a reputation beyond reputecodey has a reputation beyond reputecodey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 117,218,336,739,139.45
Total Points: 118,212,836,745,333.84
representing for my favorite childhood cereal...lucky charms Lol! - jose830 No Message - dan_cov Super Sergio! - dan_cov For a worthy poster - jazluvr :lol1: Matt Damon video. - jose830 
Nice Manny Steward tribute sig. - dan_cov Emanuel Steward (RIP) Thread. - jose830 please return the favor, bro. - RossCA No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - MartinC 
No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs have a cup of coffee now you're one away from completing your gifts. - jose830 No Message - FkDaHtrs Thanks bro. - led* 
merry christmas - the collector happy new year my brother! - HUGH JASS Thanks love :) - Bossy estas perdido pai! - jose830 war cotto! - sugarsmosley 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ??? 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - dan_cov Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Jim Jeffries Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Freedom. Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - lparm Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - hhs661 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Anton.Brilliant Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - HUGH JASS 

Valero had power to stop a tank. R.I.P
Old 08-20-2012, 02:24 AM
dan_cov
Graceful God Golovkin

Rep Power: 66 dan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,443,670,733,429,414,400.00
Total Points: 4,450,525,133,429,423,616.00
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed thanks - DannYankee09 p4p poster.  Thank you for keeping it 100% - damit305 
you have great predictions - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas you deserve a medal for being a truly truly atg poster - jas I see you hit the lotto...congratulations :fing02: - -jose- Congrats good call. - Scott.Weiland. Enjoy - kennylimon 
solid - SlySlickSmooth ATG poster - Croyd a cookie for ur kitchen post lol - sugarsmosley Thx 4 points,made WC more fun - Scott.Weiland knows s**t about boxin' - SlySlickSmooth 
No Message - Scott Weiland Ran out of greenies - Beercules Hope you like cold beer bro! :-) - Tyler_Durden thanks for the help - KO MX lol - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ƒallenloki Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ƒallenloki Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ƒallenloki Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Daniel Alpha 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Daniel Alpha Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas Autism - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas 

Plenty of one punch knockout artists around today - Randall Bailey, Lucas Matthysse, Rakhim Chakhkiev, Wladimir Klitschko, Jhonny Gonzalez, Lucian Bute, Gennady Golovkin, Sergio Martinez, Daniel Sandoval, Deontay Wilder (albeit against disgraceful opposition), Carlos Cuadras, David Price, George Groves.