Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 08-18-2012, 05:11 PM
KnockUTheFukOut
biased dickrider

Rep Power: 14 KnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,169,344.66
To a good poster - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - RossCA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - RossCA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
He can be forced to the ropes by bigger fighters that can jab or feint him there. This isn't a big problem since he's the best at fighting off the ropes, but he's still better in the center of the ring than he is off the ropes.

He sacrifices some mobility by having the wide base for his shoulder roll guard.

That post about the southpaw jab is utter bullsh1t
yeah most Trainers would tell their fighter to "GET OFF THE ROPES!" but with Mayweather, he seems to use the Ropes and spring off of them for MORE POWER, he Buckled Oscar De La Hoya while doing this during their fight, kinda Springing off the Ropes and catching him with a Right to the Forehead

but yeah for most fighters I would think leaning against the Ropes would be a BAD THING!

Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 08-18-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-18-2012, 05:37 PM
LarryXXX
EACH ONE TEACH ONE

Rep Power: 206 LarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 318,431,178,153,280,208,896.00
Total Points: 318,431,190,153,280,421,888.00
thanx for the donation - E.P.T. you something else man. You generous as hell - MAKING_MONEY positive unbiased posts - thuggery Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios for that kunt between ur legs - Warrios 
take it like it's floyd - Warrios celebrate ur inner fruit - Warrios No Message - WESS A hero of Boxingscene - valero Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 
TMT - JonoYoungP4P No Message - Scott.Weiland. im dropping benjamins like AB - sugarsmosley u stay up breh - BTL WAR Mayweather! - LoadedWraps 
To the Mayweather Mafia Don! - LoadedWraps Have one on me Lad - Rocky... Cheers - Croyd for knowing his sh1t when it comes to boxing - jas Wont let me green you - deanrw 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - project xxx1 Childhood Cancer - project xxx1 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - project xxx1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - New England Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jjbj2 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP02 View Post
That Marquez was 2 fights removed from having to move up 3 divisions just to fight Floyd ..... yet Floyd needed more of an advantage as he never intended to come in at the expected 144lbs CW and came in at 146lbs. Marquez was in uncharted territory. Marquez looked smaller and flabby looking to.

With Manny, they had 3 fights where Marquez was not considered the smaller guy in any of the fights as they both weighed in at about the same weight. Marquez also adjusted properly against Manny for their 3rd fight.

This was certainly one of Floyd's lowest points as far as CHERRY-PICKING but Floyd and his fans can't admit it .... all they can say is "..... but but he was P4P #2"
well how low of a cherry pick was it for Manny??considering it went terribly wrong...........lol
Old 08-18-2012, 05:41 PM
LA_2_Vegas
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 LA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,501,350,192.98

Are we talking specifically about Mayweather or that style in general? anyway random thoughts:

Floyd has taken the style beyond anyone I've seen because he had that incredible footwork when he was younger. I mean, he was using the shell on the fly basically and that is incredibly difficult to do because one of the weakness in that style is that you have to momentarily become flat footed to use it. Those years when he could use footwork have allowed him to extend into his mid 30's without any significant ring wear on his body.

Others good fighters who also perfected it, James Toney for example, were relatively flat footed. Toney did have footwork himself at one point but it wasn't the fastest out there. They could still make you fight their fight and could beat you at any place in the ring, but sometimes when they met guys with superior foot speed it became a problem. You can hit at angles and gtfo.

I think a pretty good recent example of what I mean when you get superior talent versus a decent fighter who uses the shell would be Zab Judah vs Vernon Paris. There you had someone with extremely fast hands and feet against a decent fighter who basically uses the shell and is an inside fighter like Paris. The weaknesses were obvious and it confirms the first four rounds of Judah vs Mayweather where he did have a little of success based on the basic idea I'm talking about. Roy vs Toney is another classic example. There are inherent risks unless you are Floyd basically. You can sort of see where the liabilities are now that Mayweather legs seem to have dropped off a bit.

Certain types of pressure fighters also can have success, other posters have noted the types of punches that will work and I agree. Has to be smart pressure...takes a lot of discipline and patience to not simply bombard that style with meaningless shots because you are going to get countered with FLUSH shots. Vassily Jirov vs Toney is a great example of the type of smart pressure you can put on that style and have success. It also takes a ton of work to even get inside without getting ****ed up and there is a reason why Castillo and Cotto will be remembered as some of the eras best pressure fighters. They aren't just walking forward and plodding.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:40 PM
A-Wolf
This One Can See

Rep Power: 15 A-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeA-Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,351,849,281,774.22
Total Points: 1,352,349,309,840.34
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil You're a very knowledgeable poster - Freedom. Excellent pick on Matthysse - HaglerSteelChin You deserve a kick for your hatred of Wladimir - Weltschmerz good poster - sugarsmosley 
For my homey Wolf - Mike D You know your stuff, great objective poster! - Booty Dew 

Floyd is doing it less these days but he has a tendency to pose and a tendency to hesitate. Cotto made him look foolish on many occasions and highlighted these errors. Castillo did it back in the day.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,000,227,475.94
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 

The style is full of holes and shortcomings until its Floyd Mayweather , then its pure genius .
Old 08-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Frank Ducketts
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Frank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 110,010,357,648.43
One of the best posters here - Cállate! I noticed that the lady in your avatar has dirty knees, they are very distracting. Here's some wet wipes, please take care of that. - Cállate! No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
:lol1: :D - happyman Team Swift!(Honorary Member) - Mr. Philadel Will Hunting, It's not your fault, It's not your fault - Croyd It's not your fault, It truly isn't your fault ... - Croyd 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP02 View Post
That Marquez was 2 fights removed from having to move up 3 divisions just to fight Floyd ..... yet Floyd needed more of an advantage as he never intended to come in at the expected 144lbs CW and came in at 146lbs. Marquez was in uncharted territory. Marquez looked smaller and flabby looking to.

With Manny, they had 3 fights where Marquez was not considered the smaller guy in any of the fights as they both weighed in at about the same weight. Marquez also adjusted properly against Manny for their 3rd fight.

This was certainly one of Floyd's lowest points as far as CHERRY-PICKING but Floyd and his fans can't admit it .... all they can say is "..... but but he was P4P #2"
Floyd should have never agreed to the catchweight to begin with imo. 144 was too low for Floyd to make. Floyd didn't need to cheat Marquez. That's why boxing fans hate trolls, Floyd, Pacquiao and Marquez FANATICS, not their true fans.

Floyd always comes in shape. It's funny that two lbs matters when Floyd comes in at 146 instead of 144, but those same two lbs don't matter when Pacquiao Cotto is fought at 145.

Floyd told GBP a week before the fight that he couldn't make 144 comfortably which is why they gave Marquez more money yet Floyd the weasel needed 2 lbs to cheat Marquez. Hilarious!

And Marquez challenged Floyd so stop lying to posters to gain attention.

Last edited by Frank Ducketts; 08-18-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Equilibrium
Knuckles Up

Rep Power: 19 Equilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 382,423,310,042.88
Total Points: 382,868,859,775.47
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo On Me! - Izrock I'm sick of the fangirls. You a real boxing fan bro - mangler 2k posts man - you are one of the very best on here - you need to post more - Dan... the point giver thanks thee for the incredible generosity - the point giver 
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier early xmas present - jazluvr thread contribution and for after your wake and bake! - HUGH JASS 

Southpaws.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:11 PM
bigflip55
Contender

Rep Power: 8 bigflip55 has a reputation beyond reputebigflip55 has a reputation beyond reputebigflip55 has a reputation beyond reputebigflip55 has a reputation beyond reputebigflip55 has a reputation beyond reputebigflip55 has a reputation beyond reputebigflip55 has a reputation beyond reputebigflip55 has a reputation beyond reputebigflip55 has a reputation beyond reputebigflip55 has a reputation beyond reputebigflip55 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,953,800.24
Total Points: 7,967,371.58
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
You are open to getting hit by right hooks (or jabs) and straight left hands from a southpaw fighter because the angle is wrong. It is also why you would never see a southpaw use it because they would get killed against right handed fighters.
Floyd's style is more complex than that though, which is why he doesn't really fight like that against southpaws.
Zab Judah???
Old 08-18-2012, 08:15 PM
JDezi4
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 JDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,191,927.89
STORMTROOPERS - DonMega 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
You are open to getting hit by right hooks (or jabs) and straight left hands from a southpaw fighter because the angle is wrong. It is also why you would never see a southpaw use it because they would get killed against right handed fighters.

Floyd's style is more complex than that though, which is why he doesn't really fight like that against southpaws.
Judah did a pretty good job with it
Old 08-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,000,227,475.94
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDezi4 View Post
Judah did a pretty good job with it
Because he matched the speed ,raw speed can match any style , you ever seen Judah that fast and sharp against an elite fighter I dont think I have , Zab was in the zone that night , they lift when they fight Floyd .