Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#21
Old 08-17-2012, 03:29 PM
OlympicGlory
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 394
Rep Power: 0 OlympicGlory will become famous soon enoughOlympicGlory will become famous soon enough
Points: 30,029,339.84
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,029,339.84
Default

UK had 557 Olympian's which is quite a lot.
China 379 and look how well they did. Nearly 200 less than US.
US 534. Wow almost as much as the host nation and no Boxing Gold's. Well one woman.. lol
Australia 414 which is quite a lot.

P4P in that list, China tops it.




http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/data...etes-full-list

Last edited by OlympicGlory; 08-17-2012 at 03:32 PM..
Reply With Quote
OlympicGlory is offline
#22
Old 08-17-2012, 03:31 PM
OlympicGlory
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 394
Rep Power: 0 OlympicGlory will become famous soon enoughOlympicGlory will become famous soon enough
Points: 30,029,339.84
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,029,339.84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMB View Post
& lmfaaoooo at australia p4p...


http://www.nbcolympics.com/medals/su...ngs/index.html


/thread.
That's a total tally dumbass... you must try harder.
Reply With Quote
OlympicGlory is offline
#23
Old 08-17-2012, 03:31 PM
DeadLikeMe
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 7,517
Rep Power: 0 DeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 185,007,486,286.37
Bank: 163,871,832,871,502.84
Total Points: 164,056,840,357,789.22
Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab owning pactards - I'm so sorry No Message - MARKBNLV No Message - MARKBNLV 
No Message - MARKBNLV Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - WESS Thanks for the green - damit305 :rofl: :rofl: Your post on triggs thread - jose830 
No Message - WESS have a cold one on me - sugarsmosley 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympicGlory View Post
What you said was nothing to do with what I said.

So what if Britain had more entrants, that has nothing to do with what the table was about dumbass. Also that does not mean you automatically get medals either, you still have to work for them.

P4P

Australia > GB > US. That's why you ignore my reply to your post. You see that by Population, the US suck pretty bad.
How does number of athletes participating not have to do with the table? It has more to do with the Olympics than total population does.

Countries are limited in the amount of athletes they can send, which subsequently limits the amount of medals they can win. Great Britian had the most athletes competing and failed to win the most or even second most medals.

This must be that great metric system we hear about.

So if we throw out all the countries that disprove your argument, make a chart. UK and Australia is best!!! #britishinferioritycomplex

Real Olympic Medal Per Capita Rankings:

Top five: Grenada, Jamaica, New Zealand, Slovenia and Denmark.

Bottom five: India, Indonesia, Egypt, Turkey and Algeria.

At least those countries have won medals, which is more than Pakistan (179 million), Nigeria (162 million), Bangladesh (142 million), Philippines (92 million) and Vietnam (87 million) can say.

Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 08-17-2012 at 03:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
DeadLikeMe is offline
#24
Old 08-17-2012, 03:46 PM
OlympicGlory
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 394
Rep Power: 0 OlympicGlory will become famous soon enoughOlympicGlory will become famous soon enough
Points: 30,029,339.84
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,029,339.84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
How does number of athletes participating not have to do with the table? It has more to do with the Olympics than total population does.

Countries are limited in the amount of athletes they can send, which subsequently limits the amount of medals they can win. Great Britian had the most athletes competing and failed to win the most or even second most medals.

This must be that great metric system we hear about.
So it's all about how many enter now huh.
If that is the case, and population doesn't matter, then why did you mention population:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
Track hasn't even started yet. Don't get too excited just because the Chinese are winning golds in crap like juggling, shoe shining and human pyramid.

Even if China does end with the highest medal count, no shame in that. They've enslaved a population and forced them into all these various athletics from a very young age. They should be winning.
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...n#post12388664
Reply With Quote
OlympicGlory is offline
#25
Old 08-17-2012, 03:47 PM
The Tase
NSB War Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,500
Rep Power: 31 The Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,036,766.54
Bank: 1,765,180,284,580.84
Total Points: 1,765,181,321,347.38
i remember this mofo "rif raf" from this old show called from G's to gents :lol1: he's afocking waste of space...thanks for the green! - jose830 A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 on me - sugarsmosley I hear you lad - Rocky... wears his heart on his sleeve - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympicGlory View Post
That's a total tally dumbass... you must try harder.
scoreboard b*tch.

keep looking up.
Reply With Quote
The Tase is offline
#26
Old 08-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Check
On a boat, beeeeotch!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 18,852
Rep Power: 93 Check has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,305,636.06
Bank: 23,062,453,273,320.85
Total Points: 23,062,553,578,956.91
For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan What Wisconsin is famous for. Cheese and wine. - checkmania for the contribution in the 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A viva marquez!!!! - Left Hook Tua Everyman needs a superman logo. - ABOSWORTH 
Default

Very ignorant thread and very ignorant ass backwards thinking. So because Australia has a smaller population, they deserve to be p4p king.......Who's to say if they had more people that they would be as successful as the United States? Population size does not make athletes. I've always hated this thought process because it's all assumption. Good athletes make good athletes.
Reply With Quote
Check is offline
#27
Old 08-17-2012, 03:49 PM
OlympicGlory
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 394
Rep Power: 0 OlympicGlory will become famous soon enoughOlympicGlory will become famous soon enough
Points: 30,029,339.84
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,029,339.84
Default

I see you edited a real medal list which is great. Those countries are tiny and have done very well. Wa Gwan Jamaica.

However as I stated, the video only talks about the top 10 medallists, and he worked those out. What is the confusion?

So out of the top 10, yes, I will repeat to make it easy for you, the top 10 finishes in the medal tables, that is the order of P4P.
Reply With Quote
OlympicGlory is offline
#28
Old 08-17-2012, 03:50 PM
The Tase
NSB War Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,500
Rep Power: 31 The Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,036,766.54
Bank: 1,765,180,284,580.84
Total Points: 1,765,181,321,347.38
i remember this mofo "rif raf" from this old show called from G's to gents :lol1: he's afocking waste of space...thanks for the green! - jose830 A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 on me - sugarsmosley I hear you lad - Rocky... wears his heart on his sleeve - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympicGlory View Post
I see you edited a real medal list which is great. Those countries are tiny and have done very well. Wa Gwan Jamaica.

However as I stated, the video only talks about the top 10 medallists, and he worked those out. What is the confusion?

So out of the top 10, yes, I will repeat to make it easy for you, the top 10 finishes in the medal tables, that is the order of P4P.

pick a year keep looking up. Scoreboard b*tch.

BOHICA baby.

Bend over here it comes again.
Reply With Quote
The Tase is offline
#29
Old 08-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Check
On a boat, beeeeotch!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 18,852
Rep Power: 93 Check has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,305,636.06
Bank: 23,062,453,273,320.85
Total Points: 23,062,553,578,956.91
For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan What Wisconsin is famous for. Cheese and wine. - checkmania for the contribution in the 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A viva marquez!!!! - Left Hook Tua Everyman needs a superman logo. - ABOSWORTH 
Default

Are you one of those guys that cries about Puerto Rico being a great boxing nation and on par with Mexico, simply because it's small?

PR is a great boxing nation but get off your high horse and your excuses. You sound like a baby dude. Step your game up if you want to compete with the top nations. Stop using population and size as your excuse as to why you can't get it done. The UK when it comes to sports if far behind America on the world stage of athletics and as for other sports like soccer it is laughable at how far behind they are of other nations. Crybabies always trying to look for an excuse smh.
Reply With Quote
Check is offline
#30
Old 08-17-2012, 03:53 PM
OlympicGlory
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 394
Rep Power: 0 OlympicGlory will become famous soon enoughOlympicGlory will become famous soon enough
Points: 30,029,339.84
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,029,339.84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check View Post
Very ignorant thread and very ignorant ass backwards thinking. So because Australia has a smaller population, they deserve to be p4p king.......Who's to say if they had more people that they would be as successful as the United States? Population size does not make athletes. I've always hated this thought process because it's all assumption. Good athletes make good athletes.
Population can affect chances of getting better athletes, but it's only one part of the story.

If you get 100 people to train, to 1000, chances are, you will get better boxers in the 1000 than the 100. It is not 100% always going to be right, you may have an Ali in the 100, but you may have an Ali, Foreman and Frazier in the 1000.

Training facilities and other things affect it hugely too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMB View Post
scoreboard b*tch.

keep looking up.
What about it? Not much interests me, I never got to see much of other Olympics while I did London 2012.
Reply With Quote
OlympicGlory is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
australia, list!, medal, olympic, top!

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Fight Videos - Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.