Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 08-17-2012, 10:07 AM
IMDAZED
You'll resort to race

Rep Power: 90 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 110,479,659,682,422.55
Total Points: 1,000,112,482,825,174,400.00
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Two Black fighters with opposite stances so yeah, that makes sense.

Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 26,200,207,693,973.90
Total Points: 27,455,529,282,685.06
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredh View Post
Its a shame the bold is being left out when people talk about this fight so far in this thread. I don't think it will be a boring fight but I also like to see skills and chess matches more than just a drunken brawl in the ring.
The level of talent between these two is staggering. Casual fans won't understand it & hardcore fans that hate this fight should be ashamed of themselves. After all it will be hard to name a fighter this year or recently that had this level of talent on display.

Furthermore Ward has dominated fighters with ease. He may not have that stopping power but his beatdowns are delivered almost effortlessly & precise. Dawson has shown flashes of greatness but he fights down to opponents levels. If he fights to the level of opposition with Ward, he'll be fighting on the most elite level of the sport. I simply cannot wait!!
Old 08-17-2012, 10:20 AM
tredh
Undisputed Champion

Location: a place where white women were scared when they saw me a black man wearing OJ style leather gloves!!
Rep Power: 20 tredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,935,525,053.58
Total Points: 26,935,535,738.87
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil TO THE U!! - the mesiah 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
The level of talent between these two is staggering. Casual fans won't understand it & hardcore fans that hate this fight should be ashamed of themselves. After all it will be hard to name a fighter this year or recently that had this level of talent on display.

Furthermore Ward has dominated fighters with ease. He may not have that stopping power but his beatdowns are delivered almost effortlessly & precise. Dawson has shown flashes of greatness but he fights down to opponents levels. If he fights to the level of opposition with Ward, he'll be fighting on the most elite level of the sport. I simply cannot wait!!
Couldn't have said it better myself. I know and love what I am about to watch with Ward vs Dawson. I feel the same about the bold.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Stanly Ketchel
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 Stanly Ketchel has a reputation beyond reputeStanly Ketchel has a reputation beyond reputeStanly Ketchel has a reputation beyond reputeStanly Ketchel has a reputation beyond reputeStanly Ketchel has a reputation beyond reputeStanly Ketchel has a reputation beyond reputeStanly Ketchel has a reputation beyond reputeStanly Ketchel has a reputation beyond reputeStanly Ketchel has a reputation beyond reputeStanly Ketchel has a reputation beyond reputeStanly Ketchel has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 17,061.95

Bring your pillow, the only knockout gonna be me falling asleep on my couch.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:08 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 200,105,881,348.89
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

It'll be dull if you don't like a chess match fight. 2 highly skilled boxers, the level of talent in that ring will be crazy. The only bad thing is it could turn into a clinch fest, and even if Ward wins, he'll be getting no credit because of the weight. I'm hyped because it's two of my favorite fighters, but I'd be through the roof hyped if Ward was going up to 175 for this fight.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:09 PM
snoopymiller
Contender

Rep Power: 8 snoopymiller has a spectacular aura aboutsnoopymiller has a spectacular aura aboutsnoopymiller has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 5,024,335.32

It won't make any new boxing fans that's for sure.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:27 PM
boliodogs
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,578,212,369,443.37
Total Points: 300,013,588,212,459,840.00
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX 

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoccabile View Post
Not going to look too much different than the Nard fight I'd imagine, with Ward doing a whole lot more than Nard did for the win obviously.

Not sure if anyone liked the Pascal/Dawson fight, but I thought that fight was entertaining as hell. I doubt it's anywhere near that. I do feel like Dawson will try and be the aggressor once again though, so I expect countering into clinches and some great inside work from Ward. Won't be easy on the eyes.
I thought The Dawson that fought Pascal was the worst Dawson I ever saw. I hope and expect him to fight much better against Ward and I think he has a good chance to win.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:32 PM
MrClutch85
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 MrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,051,139.03

No Ward will pressure Dawson but unlike Alexander he will stand his ground keep circling and box instead of constantly moving around the ring I love technical fights some might find them boring not me
Old 08-17-2012, 12:51 PM
kiaba360
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 27 kiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 177,221,692,442,178.66
Total Points: 234,722,692,552,988.38
can't green you again, so here's a beer. - chiguy91 Couldn't return any green so I thought a gift would suffice - mathed For making a habit out of making sense. Thumbs up! - CubanGuyNYC For finishing 3rd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation merry christmas - the collector 
2nd place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov Thanks for the good karma dude =] - Tyler_Durden Enjoy a beer with your winnings! :) - Tyler_Durden Great goddamn pick here's some cake to go along with your winnings. - DannYankee09 great poster - jas 

I like the quality of the match-up, but not the style clash itself. Ward tends to clinch a lot, and it'll most likely happen against Dawson because of the height/reach difference. Both guys are patient and aren't really known for pushing the pace either. This is gonna be a chess match no doubt about it, with a few good exchanges.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute1270 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 919.80

A fight that's definitely one for the purists, like myself. Problem with these kind of fights is for the 'casual' fan is that they don't look that pleasing on the eye live, but when you watch a second or third time you appreciate the skill set, versatility and defensive qualities on show. I'm really looking forward to this, Ward's toughest challenge to date and I'm interested to see how he beats someone who's taller than him but also very athletic and a good all round boxer.