Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 08-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Evil Abed
The Darkest Timeline...

Rep Power: 81 Evil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond reputeEvil Abed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 157,983,126,427,488.72
Total Points: 158,002,944,123,866.22
Jimmy Malone sends his regards! - LeeVanCleef have a beer - -MAKAVELLI- Some fruit for a stalwart of this magnificent craft. - Robin Hood One ring to rule em all... - -KULT- even phantom need to eat.. - -KULT- 
some more food.. - -KULT- Happy beerday bro - Talisayen Feliz Cumpleanos - MANIAC310 happy birthday homie - hhs661 happy bday bro - chiguy91 
Thanks. I can't sent you green. - Carpe Diem merry x-mas! - chiguy91 you're the reason i dont need to check twitter lol - -MAKAVELLI- One of NSBs best - BostonGuy 20k - MELLY-MEL... 
Beer on the house on your 20k post... - jose830 i enjoy your posts mate, grats on 20k - Alx. To 20k more - Sweet Pea 50 Here's one on me. Congrats! - Led® your posts are always hilarious and entertaining - Alx. 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ThePhantom5 Childhood Cancer - ThePhantom5 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -KULT- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -KULT- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
Default Manager: Alvarado has advantages over Rios

The manager of Denver's "Mile High" Mike Alvarado believes that his fighter will be the bigger man and the superior boxer when he meets former WBA lightweight titleholder Brandon Rios in what will be Rios' HBO-televised junior welterweight debut on Oct. 13 at The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif.

"Brandon's a lot smaller than Mike, and so Mike can impose his will. I think that we have all of the advantages where I feel that Brandon is one-dimensional. We feel that Mike can box from the outside and he can also fight on the inside," said Alvarado's co-manager, Henry Delgado.

"We feel that our conditioning is superior. Any way that you look at it, Brandon has one choice, and that's to try to get inside on our guy and to work on the inside. If he wants to do that, and Mike feels like doing that, then we'll oblige him."

Alvarado (33-0, 23 knockouts) and Rios (30-0-1, 22 KOs) have reached a verbal agreement for a bout that shapes up as an all-action brawl and a possible show-stealer on a broadcast whose main event is to feature WBO junior featherweight titleholder Nonito Donaire (29-1, 18 KOs) against Japan's Toshiaki Nishioka (39-4-3, 24 KOs).

Nishioka stretched his winning streak to 16 straight fights with his last triumph by unanimous decision over two-division titleholder Rafael Marquez in October.

Rios is coming off a controversial split-decision over Richard Abril in April that followed his 11th-round knockout of John Murray in December. On the Rios-Abril undercard, Alvarado earned a hard-fought, 10-round unanimous over Mauricio Herrera (18-2, 7 KOs).

"For me, Rios against Alvarado is going to be a modern-day [Arturo Gatti-Micky Ward,]" said Top Rank CEO Bob Arum. " I think that it's going to be an unbelievable fight."

Alvarado's coming-out party was his dramatic, come-from-behind, 10th-round stoppage of Breidis Prescott, this, after a fourth-round, right-handed uppercut had ripped open Alvarado's left eye and caused a profuse flow of blood that hindered his vision for the remainder of the fight.

"I had never really suffered from any cuts like that or anything like that in my previous fight," said Alvarado, during the post-fight press conference. "But I just knew that I had to overcome it. My heart just grew bigger and bigger as the fight went on. That's why I took over."

Six rounds after receiving the cut, Alvarado floored Prescott with a vicious left-right-left uppercut series. It was the beginning of the end for Prescott, forcing referee Jay Nady to wave an end to the fight. Trailing 87-84 on two cards and 86-85 on the third, Alvarado had closed by landing 27 of 38 power shots thrown in the 10th to come up with his 10th stoppage over his previous 12 bouts.

"That was incredible. That was like a movie," said Arum, at the time. "You couldn't script anything better. I mean, blood pouring down Mike Alvarado's face, and he's behind on the scorecards. The only chance that he has to win the fight is to drop this guy or to knock him out."

"And then, out of nowhere, he came on and he knocked the guy out. It was a Hollywood ending. That's like the Rocky movies, you know, with the blood streaming down. That doesn't really happen in real life."

It was the biggest win so far in the career of Alvarado, who both dropped and stopped Prescott for the first time in the Colombian's career. Prescott is best known for a 54-second knockout over former IBF and WBA junior welterweight beltholder Amir Khan in September of 2008.

Alvarado's was a performance in which "Mike clearly put himself in the 'must see' category for boxing on television," said Top Rank Vice President, Carl Moretti, at the time.

Top Rank Inc. President Todd duBoef agreed during the post-fight press conference, saying, "Performances like Mike's create great opportunities for a fighter in the future."

"That's a stepping stone or a signature fight, where he can really make a name for himself. You see some of those fights where either they step up and deliver or they don't, and Mike, obviously, delivered."

Alvarado will try to go one better against Rios.

Although Delgado says that the fight has been "agreed to in principle," it is "not done yet," he said. "Once that's cleared up, then the fight is on."

Photo by Naoki Fukuda

Photo by Chris Farina, Top Rank Inc.

Lem Satterfield can be reached at lemuel.satterfield@gmail.com

Ring TV
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-07-2012, 12:32 PM
hhs661
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 hhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 305,765,755,523,748.62
Total Points: 305,793,711,375,562.38
Thanks for ur help homie - The Surgeon haha, great manny ipod songs! - chiguy91 Keep it hard, keep it classy - lparm Funny mofo - Sugar Booger 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Mangler Jewnior Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - snakehandler7 Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - snakehandler7 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

being one dimensional is still giving Rios too much props. Alvarado by murkage
Old 08-07-2012, 12:38 PM
sunny31
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 sunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,222,204,528.58
Total Points: 1,322,263,532.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhs661 View Post
Yeah win or lose I am looking forward to this fight so the idiots on NSB can realise how overrated Rios is, because the hype for some crazy reason has gotten out of control AGAIN
Old 08-07-2012, 12:51 PM
hhs661
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 hhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 305,765,755,523,748.62
Total Points: 305,793,711,375,562.38
Thanks for ur help homie - The Surgeon haha, great manny ipod songs! - chiguy91 Keep it hard, keep it classy - lparm Funny mofo - Sugar Booger 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Mangler Jewnior Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - snakehandler7 Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - snakehandler7 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny31 View Post
Yeah win or lose I am looking forward to this fight so the idiots on NSB can realise how overrated Rios is, because the hype for some crazy reason has gotten out of control AGAIN
I honestly believes Rios would end up being a 3rd tier fighter. Boy was I wrong. He's nowhere near that good, talented or exciting to watch
Old 08-07-2012, 12:53 PM
tredh
Undisputed Champion

Location: a place where white women were scared when they saw me a black man wearing OJ style leather gloves!!
Rep Power: 21 tredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 36,251,670,345.75
Total Points: 36,251,681,842.22
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil TO THE U!! - the mesiah 

Quote:

LLS love the bolded word.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:05 PM
New England
Strong champion.

Rep Power: 108 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 224,117,456,054,261.19
Total Points: 230,120,137,730,789.53
for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack 
i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS 
For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 ugly arms - -Weltschmerz- 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tredh View Post
LLS love the bolded word.

me too!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Eg714
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,039.13

I use to think rios was the real deal til he got exposed. Alvarado is gonna stop rios.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Southpawology
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 Southpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 90,101,381,248.13
The Maidana Team - LoadedWraps A foot soldier of NSB! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
I honestly believes Rios would end up being a 3rd tier fighter. Boy was I wrong. He's nowhere near that good, talented or exciting to watch

Rios isnt exciting to watch? really? Just because he looked like sh*t in the abril fight? Abril is a very awkward fighter.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Southpawology
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 Southpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 90,101,381,248.13
The Maidana Team - LoadedWraps A foot soldier of NSB! - LoadedWraps 

I cant wait for this fight, the whole card actually
Old 08-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 38,932,130,396,952.56
Total Points: 40,187,452,001,647.77
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

Alvarado is naturally bigger, but we'll see. I also how Rios had 1 bad fight & he's garbage. But when other fighters have a bad fight is was a learning process & they're constantly improving.

Hell some don't even fight anyone in their weight class while others eat twinkies don't make weight. Hell don't even try & gets loads of praise for beating guys they were supposed to anyway. Funny how that works.