Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 08-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Cleto_Reyes
Canelo Power

Rep Power: 41 Cleto_Reyes has a reputation beyond reputeCleto_Reyes has a reputation beyond reputeCleto_Reyes has a reputation beyond reputeCleto_Reyes has a reputation beyond reputeCleto_Reyes has a reputation beyond reputeCleto_Reyes has a reputation beyond reputeCleto_Reyes has a reputation beyond reputeCleto_Reyes has a reputation beyond reputeCleto_Reyes has a reputation beyond reputeCleto_Reyes has a reputation beyond reputeCleto_Reyes has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 16,244,469,294,515,192.00
Total Points: 17,608,554,750,645,012.00
amor, amor, amor, besos para ti :kiss: - Bossy Martinez vs Chavez Jr: Boxingscene's most accurate predictor. - Barnburner Good man. - Unknown Champ Happy Holidays  Cleto_Reyes - !! AI-Holmes!! chur - Capaedia 
Always pays on time. - Money_May To your 5k posts. Keep posting brah. - ELHURACAN58 can't green you right now so here's a cold one - jose830 Happy birthday! - jazluvr funny cabron... - Cuauhtémoc1520 
thanks for the payment :fing02: - jose830 Thank you señor! - jose830 Good friend and poster - jazluvr Gracias broki! - jose830 For integrity - Tyler_Durden 
thank you sir...have a cup of coffee. - -jose- 5 años - -jose- fast payment cookie - DannYankee09 I'm in red, so I can't green K, but saludos compa - Jalisciense909 appreciate it homie :fing02: - -jose- 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ??? Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - siablo14 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Round 1 Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - bigdlb12 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - bigsmoothh 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigsmoothh Childhood Cancer - bigsmoothh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - GeorgiaRED Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - bigsmoothh Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Unknown Champ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
Lads,I'm aware of this Mexican fella.The point is,Barrera,on that particular night,was not a Mexican.He was a cautious,conservative,almost timid little fella that boxed like a man that lived in absolute fear of the other.And that's perfectly ok,because there was nothing in the rules that suggested that he couldn't box in that manner.But he certainly didn't not represent his birth nation on that night with such a style.

It was a dull,boring encounter with not many clear rounds.I had it even at the end,but I certainly didn't protest the decision when they gave it to Marco.Naz was essentially fighting in the other guy's back garden,and anything less than a knockout/stoppage meant his first loss.

I've seen Marquez hit with some left hands in my time,and this is more than enough evidence for me to conclude that Marquez wouldn't have lasted more than three rounds with Naz.I respect Juan Manuel as the fine boxer and gentleman that he is,but it's just a bad match-up for him.The Prince's entrance to the ring would most likely last longer.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-06-2012, 02:20 PM
915angel
Banned

Rep Power: 0 915angel is infamous around these parts915angel is infamous around these parts915angel is infamous around these parts915angel is infamous around these parts915angel is infamous around these parts915angel is infamous around these parts915angel is infamous around these parts915angel is infamous around these parts915angel is infamous around these parts915angel is infamous around these parts915angel is infamous around these parts
Bank: 9,422,486,756.28
Total Points: 14,538,101,847.37
Happy Easter  Mister :kiss: - Bossy 

Great match-up! I'd just like to point out that Marco Antonio Barrera and Juan Manuel Marquez are two different fighters, and just because Barrera dominated Hamed it doesn't necessarily mean that Marquez would too.

I honestly think that Hamed would be a nightmare of an opponent for a counter-puncher like Marquez due to his unorthodox movement, accuracy and punching power. The reason why Barrera was so effective against Hamed was mainly because of how fired up he was for it. Marco wanted to teach Hamed a lesson and fought like a man possessed, applying the pressure and throwing lots of punches, in effect he didn't give Hamed enough time or space to do his thing and it cost Naz the fight. Naz had no answers for a prime, pissed-off Barrera who fought the fight of his life, and the performance by Naz himself was kind of flat.

Marquez is a completely different ball game, he is a counter-puncher with a style a world away from Barrera's aggressive volume punching. If you look at when Naz was the most successful throughout his career it was against the opponents who took too much time to try and "work him out". They would stand off him and look for an opening, giving Naz the time and room to steam in with a power punch out of nowhere, usually putting them on the canvas. Naz was never that comfortable with fighters who crowded him, look at when Kevin Kelly had him down, it was always when he went on the all out attack. After he felt Naz's power he stood off him and got knocked out for his troubles. Upon reflection, Barrera was possibly the worst possible match up for Hamed at the time.

Marquez would approach this fight very cautiously, he would be wary of Naz's power and as the natural counter-puncher would wait for the openings to try and do his best work. The first few rounds would be a chess match, with both fighters popping out the odd jab to try and work the other out a bit. Naz would be sticking out his head as a target, trying to goad Marquez into fighting more aggressively than he should do, don't forget that Naz is a bit of a counter-puncher himself. Naz would apply the pressure, trying to pot shot a backing up Marquez, who responds by throwing his counters that miss the target by centimetres. Marquez becomes more aggressive in the middle rounds after his counter-punching style isn't working on the slippery Hamed. Naz goes down from a Marquez straight right, only to get straight back up with a grin on his face. Marquez then chases the KO and ends up on the deck himself after walking onto a huge uppercut thrown from an awkward angle, Marquez too makes it to his feet and is largely unhurt. Marquez retreats back into his counter punching role after the knockdown and fails to capitalize on the many openings Naz presents while he pounds Juan against the ropes. Naz sweeps rounds 6-9. Marquez's corner tell him he needs to win the last few rounds to be sure of a win before round 10, the two fighters treat the fans to a great last few rounds, both fighters go down again after trading punches for much of the last few rounds of the fight.

The first 4 rounds were pick-em's, Naz takes the middle rounds and the judges give Marquez the last two rounds for the cleaner punching in the brawl.

Naz wins by a SD, two judges have him a few rounds up while the other has Marquez winning by a single round.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:20 PM
The_Golden_Goy
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 The_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these partsThe_Golden_Goy is infamous around these parts
Bank: 353,585,653.54
Total Points: 499,735,981.57

Hamed never beats JMM, no way no how. But in an alternate universe and JMM had beat Hamed not Barrera, and someone asked me if Hamed beats Barrera is have said yeah
Old 08-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Michael Paine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 31 Michael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 389,482,418,360.95
Total Points: 389,482,592,419.77
ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Happy belated 1 year Anniversary. - E.P.T. Hahahaha, funny reply my ninja, here's another cake for your upcoming 2 year anniversary. - E.P.T. 
happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcs1981 View Post
He lasted 36 against Pacman but wont last 3 against Hamed? Wow.
Hamed hit a lot harder than Pacquiao.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:25 PM
DeadLikeMe

Rep Power: 61 DeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,337,850,213,211,767.75
Total Points: 1,337,855,220,716,045.50
Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab owning pactards - I'm so sorry No Message - MARKBNLV No Message - MARKBNLV 
No Message - MARKBNLV Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - WESS Thanks for the green - damit305 :rofl: :rofl: Your post on triggs thread - jose830 
No Message - WESS have a cold one on me - sugarsmosley 

Didn't Steward pretty much say that there was no way he was putting Hamed in with Marquez?
Old 08-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Michael Paine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 31 Michael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond repute
ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Happy belated 1 year Anniversary. - E.P.T. Hahahaha, funny reply my ninja, here's another cake for your upcoming 2 year anniversary. - E.P.T. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
Didn't Steward pretty much say that there was no way he was putting Hamed in with Marquez?
You think Steward had any power to make decisions? It's a fact that Naseem offered JMM his biggest pay day and he turned it down.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:53 PM
jtcs1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 jtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,549,814,325,054.78
Total Points: 18,555,733,363,665.90
An apple para mi profesor :wave: - *La Patrona* An apple para mi profesor :wave: - *La Patrona* Sorry about the blow :D All better yet? - *La Patrona* I feel like sending pressies :D - Bossy good poster.... - bigsmoothh 
Mi profesor. :kiss: - Bossy 1k post - bigsmoothh bebete una cervesa medalla por tus 1000 posts.... - jose830 Must spread rep before I can green you again, so I'll give you my heart instead :kiss: - Bossy No Message - Round 1 
No Message - Round 1 thanks for the red pai chupala - Dickie Smalls Cotto training en el Morro pics... - jose830 Por aportar a un esperanzado cambio. - ELHURACAN58 there you go - Tha_Greatest 
there you go - Tha_Greatest Happy Holidays jtcs1981. - !! AI-Holmes!! dont fukk wit me, lol, joking, i am a troll, im a troll who uses logic to piss the fukk outta people, how can anyone argue vs logic right, no vulgarity, no race, no family and i only use peoples words against them, lol look at my fukked up posts or t - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Send a message via MSN to jtcs1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Own3d View Post
Hamed hit a lot harder than Pacquiao.
I wonder how people get to that conclusion. Hamed never faced a guy with a tested chin. He was facing C level competition all his career. Fan boys dont seem to understand that.

Pac KTFO a natural 140lber. He has some decent power. He overwhelms most of his fighters. I dont see Hamed being any harder.

The best fighter Hamed faced, he lost to. I cant understand all this claim of him beating JMM when JMM boxing skills are on a different level.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Michael Paine
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcs1981 View Post
I wonder how people get to that conclusion. Hamed never faced a guy with a tested chin. He was facing C level competition all his career. Fan boys dont seem to understand that.

Pac KTFO a natural 140lber. He has some decent power. He overwhelms most of his fighters. I dont see Hamed being any harder.

The best fighter Hamed faced, he lost to. I cant understand all this claim of him beating JMM when JMM boxing skills are on a different level.
C level comp? Look at the video in my post on the front Page. All 4 of the top fighters in the division turned down their biggest pay days to fight Naseem. Naseem was a 1 punch KO fighter Pacquiao isn't. Barrera respected Naseems power a hell of a lot more than he did Pacquiao's.

Edit: 10 of Naseems opponents he beat held a world title at some time in their careers. C level comp? LOL

Last edited by Michael Paine; 08-06-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:21 PM
jtcs1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 jtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond repute
An apple para mi profesor :wave: - *La Patrona* An apple para mi profesor :wave: - *La Patrona* Sorry about the blow :D All better yet? - *La Patrona* I feel like sending pressies :D - Bossy good poster.... - bigsmoothh 
Mi profesor. :kiss: - Bossy 1k post - bigsmoothh bebete una cervesa medalla por tus 1000 posts.... - jose830 Must spread rep before I can green you again, so I'll give you my heart instead :kiss: - Bossy No Message - Round 1 
No Message - Round 1 thanks for the red pai chupala - Dickie Smalls Cotto training en el Morro pics... - jose830 Por aportar a un esperanzado cambio. - ELHURACAN58 there you go - Tha_Greatest 
there you go - Tha_Greatest Happy Holidays jtcs1981. - !! AI-Holmes!! dont fukk wit me, lol, joking, i am a troll, im a troll who uses logic to piss the fukk outta people, how can anyone argue vs logic right, no vulgarity, no race, no family and i only use peoples words against them, lol look at my fukked up posts or t - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
C level comp? Look at the video in my post on the front Page. All 4 of the top fighters in the division turned down their biggest pay days to fight Naseem. Naseem was a 1 punch KO fighter Pacquiao isn't. Barrera respected Naseems power a hell of a lot more than he did Pacquiao's.
Yeah, C level competition. Vazquez and Soto were battle worn. Them ranking higher than Norwood and JMM didnt make them better competition. Even Antonio Cermeño was a better test for him.

It wasnt about respecting the power, it was about styles. MAB fought very intelligent against Hamed. Pac overwhelm him.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:28 PM
jtcs1981
Undisputed Champion

Quote:

Edit: 10 of Naseems opponents he beat held a world title at some time in their careers. C level comp? LOL
You know how many C level comp hold titles? A lot. You are a fan boy that overate him. He step up in competition and he gets handle easy. But apparently at 28 he became lazy and not training hard. Yeah right. Step up in class and that is what happens. You know what Chavez did when he step up in class? He murk LaPorte, Rosario. Beat Ramirez, Mayweather, Taylor. That is what a great fighter do. They dont lack discipline.