Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 08-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Null
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 Null has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond reputeNull has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,027,003,044.70
good ownage of floydiots. - I'm so sorry merry christmas - the collector 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBP View Post
The solution for every flaw in every scoring system in boxing is to knock your opponent the fu*k out.

Hopefully with no headgear we see more KO's in 2016.
That's right. But, the idea that is brought up is great. I always wondered why they didn't use some instruments and sensors to measure punch output, punches landed, punch force, etc. This is a great idea. It would be great to implement in both amateur and professional boxing, though.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Medved
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Medved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond reputeMedved has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,130,458,675,747.55
Total Points: 9,305,458,746,244.95
Thanks you - Devils Advocate one of our best posters - Freedom. Have a beer for many stellar posts on the K-Bros! - ChopperRead That post of yours had me laughing my butt off.  Good stuff. - Rip Chudd No Message - dancovboxer 
Cheers for the stream &amp; joining in the thread, great chat - dancovboxer Keep up the comedy - rorymac You deserve it - Rocky... for helping bombs the great - Bombs No Message - rorymac 
Season 2 Champion of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas &amp; happy New years bro! - dan_cov 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - S H O B O X Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - `STEELHEAD Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dj emz Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Willie Swindler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Mooncat 

At end of the day, a GREAT fighter will find a way to win regardless. There's a reason that that some of the ATG have been Olympic gold champs...

Wlad
Lennox
Ali

etc. When you got that pedigree you will find a way to adjust and win in AM system...

Some of these robberies happen because fighters not that dominant that its so obvious. The truly talented will get it done...
Old 08-04-2012, 08:48 PM
theproof
Contender

Total Points: 3,908.87

i love the golden gloves, juniors, amateur, olympic boxing. but as long as there are not fighters from cuba, us, russia the governing bodies don't care.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:51 PM
01samuelc
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 01samuelc is infamous around these parts01samuelc is infamous around these parts01samuelc is infamous around these parts01samuelc is infamous around these parts01samuelc is infamous around these parts01samuelc is infamous around these parts01samuelc is infamous around these parts01samuelc is infamous around these parts01samuelc is infamous around these parts01samuelc is infamous around these parts01samuelc is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 178,756.95

I guess i'm one of the few who feel there is nothing wrong with it. Its just up to the fighters to adjust to this new system and fight the way they're supposed to.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Tmann400
The Rangy Counter-Puncher

Rep Power: 12 Tmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 679,198,679.55
Total Points: 2,707,104,170.86
You need a damn gift already - mangler Good post about Wilder. - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medved View Post
At end of the day, a GREAT fighter will find a way to win regardless. There's a reason that that some of the ATG have been Olympic gold champs...

Wlad
Lennox
Ali

etc. When you got that pedigree you will find a way to adjust and win in AM system...

Some of these robberies happen because fighters not that dominant that its so obvious. The truly talented will get it done...
While I agree with the general idea of what you're saying, that really isn't the case exactly. Look at Roy Jones for example, he was completely and utterly, inexcusably robbed of a gold medal win against Park Si Hun. Roy turned out to be not only one of the best fighters in professional boxing, but a multi-divisonal champion with virtually incomparable speed and athleticism.

Roy dominated Si Hun, completely dominated him. There was LITERALLY no way you could excuse that. So, really, while I agree with "Great fighters find a way to get it done" that's not the case a lot of the time. I mean, look at the robberies we've had just recently in the pro's. INEXCUSABLE. There was NO way you could make a case for Rios to have even scored a draw against Abril, let alone a "win". There was NO way you could make a case for Williams scoring a win over Lara, and the list goes on.

So, like I said, while I agree with the general idea of what you're saying, a win is a win, a robbery is a robbery, and it's not fair to put blame on the fighters when the case is really incompetence, and so much as corruption on the judges part. If a fighter shows up, does his job, and technically wins a fight, the judges should at the very least do THEIR job, it's not that hard, and there job is even easier when you compare it to the fighters job. Just my opinion, though

By the way, Shawn, I thoroughly agree with your idea. I think that is a very valid point, and a great idea.