Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: The Last time an American was considered the best HW.
Early 90's Holyfield Bowe fight days 5 35.71%
Mid 90's After Holyfield beat Tyson 4 28.57%
Late 80's Tyson Days 3 21.43%
97-98 0 0%
LAMONT BREWSTER 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 07-29-2012, 05:11 PM
UnicornGirl
Banned

Rep Power: 0 UnicornGirl has a spectacular aura aboutUnicornGirl has a spectacular aura aboutUnicornGirl has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 51,769.33
Default When was the last time an American was considered the best Heavyweight in the world?

I'm looking at the records and despite Lewis being upsetted by Rahman that year in 2001, he was still considered the best. It was widely regarded as a 'freak upset' and it was. After Lennox left, Vitali took over, then Wladimir.

So when was the last time an American was considered the best?

Ring got Holyfield ranked #1 in 1997, that's some bull**** and obvious lie. Holyfield in 1997 went life and death with Vaughn, Lewis knocked out a Prime Golota (who destroyed Bowe) in 30 seconds. Lewis was also 4 times as active.

I say back in 1996, right after Holyfield beat Tyson

Last edited by UnicornGirl; 07-29-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-29-2012, 05:14 PM
UnicornGirl
Banned

Rep Power: 0 UnicornGirl has a spectacular aura aboutUnicornGirl has a spectacular aura aboutUnicornGirl has a spectacular aura about

Actually I forgot about Brewster, because Wladimir back then wasn't highly regarded at all. So after Lamont knocked Wlad out, I guess he could be considered #1. If Vitali had retired at the time.

That being said, Samuel Peter had a nice run for a year or so during the same time. So can Brewster be considered to be better that year then a Prime Peter?
Old 07-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Weebler I
El Weeblerito I

Rep Power: 68 Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 55,770,696,194.19
Total Points: 50,187,108,714,767.80
Ricky &amp;quot;The Hitman&amp;quot; Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley super poster - jas 
Legend - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

Not to condemn him completely but there are strong and persistent rumors which suggest that Holyfield was a steroid cheat. So who was considered the best prior to him, Tyson?
Old 07-29-2012, 05:17 PM
UnicornGirl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weebler II View Post
Not to condemn him completely but there are strong and persistent rumors which suggest that Holyfield was a steroid cheat. So who was considered the best prior to him, Tyson?
Tough to say. I don't know if you follow HW History cuz I'm just here every now and then.

But in the early 90's There was a 4 men 'super 4' HW Tournament.

Holyfield vs Bowe, Lennox vs Ruddock. Bowe and Lennox won, Bowe chickened out of the Finals. So I guess you can say Bowe was the best, but if he was the best why did he run from a green Lennox? So I don't know. Tough to decide.

If you feel Bowe was scared of Lennox, then there is no way you can say Bowe was the best HW. So you have to go back to Tyson 80's Days back when the US **** Blocked the rest of the world from HW Fighting.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:21 PM
Weebler I
El Weeblerito I

Rep Power: 68 Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 55,770,696,194.19
Total Points: 50,187,108,714,767.80
Ricky &amp;quot;The Hitman&amp;quot; Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley super poster - jas 
Legend - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornGirl View Post
Tough to say. I don't know if you follow HW History cuz I'm just here every now and then.

Holyfield vs Bowe, Lennox vs Ruddock. Bowe and Lennox won, Bowe chickened out of the Finals. So I guess you can say Bowe was the best, but if he was the best why did he run from a green Lennox? So I don't know. Tough to decide.

If you feel Bowe was scared of Lennox, then there is no way you can say Bowe was the best HW. So you have to go back to Tyson 80's Days back when the US **** Blocked the rest of the world from HW Fighting.
Only loosely. How did the US ****-block the rest of the world from HW fighting? did they refuse to fight foreign fighters or something? I know Bruno went over for a fight in the 80s.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:45 PM
JAB5239
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,946,911,790,948.20
Total Points: 19,946,911,886,564.65
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship &amp; for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:

Holyfield was the last number one from the US. And the united states never blocked the rest of the rest of the world, that was their own politics that prevented them from fighting.

Last edited by JAB5239; 07-29-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Rep Power: 57 Ziggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 118,589,614,972,966.30
Total Points: 118,589,614,978,062.78
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 
Send a message via Yahoo to Ziggy Stardust

Quote:
Do you know what the best Heavyweights in "the rest of the world" (by which I'm supposing you mean the Soviet Bloc)? Oh yeah, that's right: The best Heavyweights in "the rest of the world" were getting KTFO by Americans in the Olympics :cool9:

Poet