Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Atreyu Khalil
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Atreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,705,822,350.92
Total Points: 2,705,929,904.66
making pactards bow down - I'm so sorry Cheers to you, my good sir! - CubanGuyNYC Reppin that Yay!! - LoadedWraps Back at cha! - EdMon917 some popcorn in. return - jose830 
to wash that popcorn down - jose830 thanks for the gifts... - jose830 Great thread, bro! "GFs and Boxing" - CubanGuyNYC No problem good thread - FirePunch Keep the Ownage up! - Cash Cow 
Cheers! - dan_cov 
Question Would Tyson have defeated a prime Larry Holmes?

Tyson said after his fight with Holmes that he wouldnt have beat holmes if Holmes was in his prime. Do You Agree?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-28-2012, 02:17 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 29 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 59,963,836,442,289.06
Total Points: 59,963,836,447,508.70
Good posting - Cuauhtémoc1502 respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil Cheers! - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 
good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice 
We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov 
Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
Tyson said after his fight with Holmes that he wouldnt have beat holmes if Holmes was in his prime. Do You Agree?
I don't think this was false modesty on Tyson's part. On his best day, Mike was capable of beating any boxer that ever lived. But the underrated Holmes might've beaten Tyson a hypothetical 7 or 8 out of 10 times. Larry was a great boxer with an ATG jab and an iron chin. And lets not forget his will to win. In the end, I think this would've been the biggest factor working against "Iron Mike". Tyson would've withered in the championship rounds versus Holmes.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:39 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 87 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 30,935,597,459,980.05
Total Points: 31,938,279,039,060.51
Top poster - The Surgeon consistently excellent posts that always strike to the heart of the matter - It's Ovah Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 
Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr For the 10k post - led* 
Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack 
i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

holmes is a bad style for tyson. tall enough. huge reach. nice footwork. speed for a very big man. sturdy enough chin and the ability to recover / weather a storm. he could also put a whooping on you if you let him tee off. he had nice snap on his punches. nice uppercut. nice straight right hand from the right distance. if holmes was prime and still had his legs he'd be a very tough style for mike over 12 - 15 rounds.

he's the fighter buster douglas wished he was.

now, that being said, a lesser fighter than tyson,but a power puncher on his level, in earnie shavers dropped holmes and almost had him out. along those lines you can say that tyson could certainly do the same.

and a lesser fighter and puncher than both in reynaldo snipes dropped holmes.

both were right hands if memory serves right. tyson was a decent right handed puncher
AKA one of the hardest punchers ever. there's a chance that he'd finish what lesser men were able to start.

i'd favor holmes down the stretch in a very fun fight. mike could box and survive late, but he was only a truly dynamic offensive force for a few rounds. he also peaked crazy early. his prime was no later than his early 20s
Old 07-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Atreyu Khalil
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Atreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond repute
making pactards bow down - I'm so sorry Cheers to you, my good sir! - CubanGuyNYC Reppin that Yay!! - LoadedWraps Back at cha! - EdMon917 some popcorn in. return - jose830 
to wash that popcorn down - jose830 thanks for the gifts... - jose830 Great thread, bro! &quot;GFs and Boxing&quot; - CubanGuyNYC No problem good thread - FirePunch Keep the Ownage up! - Cash Cow 
Cheers! - dan_cov 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
I don't think this was false modesty on Tyson's part. On his best day, Mike was capable of beating any boxer that ever lived. But the underrated Holmes might've beaten Tyson a hypothetical 7 or 8 out of 10 times. Larry was a great boxer with an ATG jab and an iron chin. And lets not forget his will to win. In the end, I think this would've been the biggest factor working against "Iron Mike". Tyson would've withered in the championship rounds versus Holmes.
I agree
Old 07-28-2012, 02:49 PM
JAB5239
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,796,420,485,850.27
Total Points: 18,796,420,526,278.72
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship &amp; for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
Well said.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:57 PM
zab191
Contender

Rep Power: 0 zab191 is infamous around these partszab191 is infamous around these partszab191 is infamous around these partszab191 is infamous around these partszab191 is infamous around these partszab191 is infamous around these partszab191 is infamous around these partszab191 is infamous around these partszab191 is infamous around these partszab191 is infamous around these partszab191 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 656,069,275.09
Total Points: 657,061,352.65
zab191 is a sh1tty poster - Freedom. 

Tyson would destroy Holmes limb by limb.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:12 PM
#1Assassin
Euro fighters are best

Rep Power: 21 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 771,056,689.58
Total Points: 12,855,301,127.44
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey 

holmes had everything to weather the storm early, footwork, skills, intelligence, chin and heart. once he got past the initial barrage from tyson he could outbox him perhaps not easily but he wouldnt really struggle either. he would pick tyson apart and knock him out late.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:14 PM
raskat
Banned

Rep Power: 0 raskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 15,825,095,713.67
Knuckles - Uncle Howie Good Job! - DET. IRONSIDE No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Happy New Year - Freedom. Thanks for the uploads - simbros thanks for the info...i can now add youtube fights to my career collections. - joe strong Merry Xmas and thanks for the fun quiz! - The Surgeon one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. 

I think HOlmes in his prime would beat Tyson. in the fight u see how an older version of holmes makes Tyson look silly in a few moments of the fight with his jab and movement. I think a prime Holmes would be a bad style matchup for Tyson. but we will never find out, so who knows.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Atreyu Khalil
Banned

to wash that popcorn down - jose830 thanks for the gifts... - jose830 Great thread, bro! &quot;GFs and Boxing&quot; - CubanGuyNYC No problem good thread - FirePunch Keep the Ownage up! - Cash Cow 
Cheers! - dan_cov 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zab191 View Post
Tyson would destroy Holmes limb by limb.
A prime Holmes? A post retired Holmes had Tyson frustrated and Tyson himself said he wouldn't beat a prime holmes
Old 07-28-2012, 03:25 PM
DefThatGuy
Banned

Rep Power: 0 DefThatGuy is infamous around these partsDefThatGuy is infamous around these partsDefThatGuy is infamous around these partsDefThatGuy is infamous around these partsDefThatGuy is infamous around these partsDefThatGuy is infamous around these partsDefThatGuy is infamous around these partsDefThatGuy is infamous around these partsDefThatGuy is infamous around these partsDefThatGuy is infamous around these partsDefThatGuy is infamous around these parts
Bank: 107,837.18
Total Points: 212,709.56
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil this will be your face when sergio sleeps chavez mate - Alx. 

I think if they did fight in their respective primes there is no doubt that Tyson would have bitten Holmes in frustration in the 9th or 10th round. Im being dead serious too.