Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Mastrangelo
Paul Williams beat Lara

Rep Power: 10 Mastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,080,145,151,761.95
Total Points: 1,083,888,392,038.67
thanks for the fight...cheers! - joe strong 

Right now my top 10 at lightweight would be:
1. Adrien Broner
2. Miguel Vazquez
3. Richard Abril
4. Ricky Burns
5. Antonio DeMarco
6. Kevin Mitchell
7. Henry Lundy
8. Sergio Thompson
9. Sharif Bogere
10.Gavin Rees
This is poor division, but very evenly matched. I think Broner will still be best at 135. No that he's that big of The Problem, more like there's no solution at this division. Abril and Vazquez probably have the style to trouble him, problem is they might not be good enough to win.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-27-2012, 11:51 AM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 29 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 58,788,074,943,420.65
Total Points: 58,788,074,948,510.48
Good posting - Cuauhtémoc1502 respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil Cheers! - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 
good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice 
We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov 
Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
it's his style. it's what keeps him from getting the W and what keeps him from becoming popular.

he's not really punishing these guys, and it lends itself to being robbed. he's winning these fights. the man can easily be undefeated. he picked rios apart. used his height, leaned on him, turned the corner, took the steam off of his power. he schooled him. but he didn't beat him up, and they robbed him

if the guy was american and a knockout puncher he'd have a much better shot. his style is probably never going to make him a top draw. even a negative fighter like floyd mayweather is more pleasing on the eyes to the layman, with his picture perfect counters that literally anybody can recognize as spectacular.

abril just flat out beats guys with boxing. he'll never be a star. if he keeps beating these top guy's he'll just get shelved. a boxer like him at the top is bad for business.

abril is the man. i got a chance to speak with him through an interpreter after he got robbed against hank lundy. if you want to PM me i'll go into further detail. it's nothing horribly interesting, i'm not going to discuss my credentials here.

he can also move up. he's got the size. 140 or perhaps even 147. he's not knocking guys out at 135, anyway. if he can take the punches (which i think he can,) then he'll do well at the higher weights.
It's always a pleasure to read your posts, New England, but this one is particularly insightful. Every word laser-like.

The word "schooled" gets thrown around a lot. But that's exactly the word for what Abril did to Rios. Richard's style is ugly, but he put on an exhibition of boxing skills that was beautiful to watch. Literally a clinic. It was as if Abril was saying, "Okay, right here, he rushed me, this is how you tie someone up." "Here, he threw a wide right, watch how I counter." "This is the proper way to use the 'Philly shell' in close." Textbook stuff. For the unsophisticated fan, boring. For someone who appreciates the science and art of boxing, a master class.

Unfortunately, as you've so accurately stated, Richie's style won't attract enough fans. If he had real KO power he'd be a beast (and would create the necessary excitement). I just hope he starts getting a fair shake.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:59 AM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 29 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Good posting - Cuauhtémoc1502 respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil Cheers! - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 
good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice 
We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov 
Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfd26 View Post
Well maybe he's not punishing these guys cause he either doesn't possess the power to or doesn't know how to punch. Also, not just the Rios fight but he's beaten all these other guys and got robbed, like Lundy who you mentioned. The politics in boxing are sad. A guy like this might have an ugly style but deserves his chance to shine. Rios was the one engaging in half of those clinches due to fatigue anyway. He was given a chance vs Rios nd was robbed blindly of it and no justice was done about it.
Mike Tyson once said (repeating the words of Cus D'Amato) that punching power is something you're born with. Abril simply hasn't got it in him. Too bad, a little more power would make him much more marketable.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:59 AM
.:: JSFD26 ::.
Dale Matthysse

Rep Power: 61 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 109,975,136,148,448.38
Total Points: 170,724,526,501,132.06
Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! - CubanGuyNYC felicidades on the beautiful Babygirl, chama!! - MalikKnucklez Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Haters gonna hate..... - Atreyu Khalil The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez 
thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 enjoy - mathed 
knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov :beerchug: - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
It's always a pleasure to read your posts, New England, but this one is particularly insightful. Every word laser-like.

The word "schooled" gets thrown around a lot. But that's exactly the word for what Abril did to Rios. Richard's style is ugly, but he put on an exhibition of boxing skills that was beautiful to watch. Literally a clinic. It was as if Abril was saying, "Okay, right here, he rushed me, this is how you tie someone up." "Here, he threw a wide right, watch how I counter." "This is the proper way to use the 'Philly shell' in close." Textbook stuff. For the unsophisticated fan, boring. For someone who appreciates the science and art of boxing, a master class.

Unfortunately, as you've so accurately stated, Richie's style won't attract enough fans. If he had real KO power he'd be a beast (and would create the necessary excitement). I just hope he starts getting a fair shake.
Exactly. The dude knew when was the proper time to do what. He knew when to clinch, he knew when to counter and he knew wren to give Rios the shoulder. A good example would be Molina vs Kirkland. Molina's game plan was to just straight up clinch to stop Kirklands attack while Abril used more tactics.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:17 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Quote:
a W over rios would have changed abril's life. he doesnt even have a fight scheduled, and nobody is calling him out. at the least he would have likely gotten a rematch at 140 with rios for the biggest payday of his career.
And this is ultimately what bothers me the most. "Robbery" is the literal term. These "judges" that scored against Richie are criminals in a very real sense. Most of us look past that because it's so commonplace in boxing…almost a damn tradition, quite frankly. It's real easy to take cover behind the plausible notion that "nobody's perfect". But no one can tell me that an honest professional judge would be capable of making such a bad call. What those larcenous bastards did was rob a man who put in honest work of his hard earned compensation. Abril's record will always reflect that unjust loss. In today's version of the sport, we all know how critical fans can be of the numbers in the "L" column. And a win against Rios would've immediately set Richard up for at least one big payday. Thieves....
Old 07-27-2012, 12:26 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfd26 View Post
Exactly. The dude knew when was the proper time to do what. He knew when to clinch, he knew when to counter and he knew wren to give Rios the shoulder. A good example would be Molina vs Kirkland. Molina's game plan was to just straight up clinch to stop Kirklands attack while Abril used more tactics.
Good point. The two performances can't be compared. Abril didn't come to smother Rios all night. He clinched when it was appropriate to do so. Much of the time Richard stood in the pocket and gave his adversary the shoulder. Brandon could do nothing. It was professor versus student in there.

The more I think about it, the more disgusted I get. Rios is delusional enough -- or arrogant enough -- to go around claiming that "win" as just. I don't necessarily expect the kid to admit he lost, but he could at least have the decency to keep his mouth shut about Abril and his performance. Brandon was severely outclassed by a guy who forgot more about boxing than “Bam Bam” ever learned.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:16 PM
illmaticfighter
Viva Mexico!!

Rep Power: 10 illmaticfighter has a reputation beyond reputeillmaticfighter has a reputation beyond reputeillmaticfighter has a reputation beyond reputeillmaticfighter has a reputation beyond reputeillmaticfighter has a reputation beyond reputeillmaticfighter has a reputation beyond reputeillmaticfighter has a reputation beyond reputeillmaticfighter has a reputation beyond reputeillmaticfighter has a reputation beyond reputeillmaticfighter has a reputation beyond reputeillmaticfighter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 659,430,813.35
Total Points: 103,658,645,917.88

Quote:
it's his style. it's what keeps him from getting the W and what keeps him from becoming popular.

he's not really punishing these guys, and it lends itself to being robbed. he's winning these fights. the man can easily be undefeated. he picked rios apart. used his height, leaned on him, turned the corner, took the steam off of his power. he schooled him. but he didn't beat him up, and they robbed him

if the guy was american and a knockout puncher he'd have a much better shot. his style is probably never going to make him a top draw. even a negative fighter like floyd mayweather is more pleasing on the eyes to the layman, with his picture perfect counters that literally anybody can recognize as spectacular.

abril just flat out beats guys with boxing. he'll never be a star. if he keeps beating these top guy's he'll just get shelved. a boxer like him at the top is bad for business.

abril is the man. i got a chance to speak with him through an interpreter after he got robbed against hank lundy. if you want to PM me i'll go into further detail. it's nothing horribly interesting, i'm not going to discuss my credentials here.

he can also move up. he's got the size. 140 or perhaps even 147. he's not knocking guys out at 135, anyway. if he can take the punches (which i think he can,) then he'll do well at the higher weights.
couldn't agree with your post more
Old 07-27-2012, 02:54 PM
onechance87
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 33 onechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 47,960,428,099.42
Total Points: 160,169,491,358.79
up your as* puto - Ogecca MaMa you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Miguel vazquez the top dawg at 135.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:06 PM
sicko
Floyd's Semen Collector

Rep Power: 17 sicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,002,198,902.55
good posts, here's a gift. - chiguy91 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 

he will likely become avoided by most at 135 unfortunately
Old 07-27-2012, 03:07 PM
garfios
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 garfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,058,366.54

I heard Abril vs. Rees is a done deal for the WBA