Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Roy Jones Jr vs Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank at MW and SMW
He beat them both 73 80.22%
He loses to both 11 12.09%
He lose to Benn 5 5.49%
He lose to Eubank 2 2.20%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 07-28-2012, 12:36 PM
BigZigga
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 BigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,038,940.73

Jones beats them both. Isn't it funny how British people call us biased yanks when they're saying their fighters would beat one of the ATGs with a much better resume than either of hem? I also find it hysterical that they are mocking Jones' chin when a large percentage of. British fighters have jaws made of china. Benn and Eubank were basically domestic level fighters. Yes, they had power and some skill but Roy had it all.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Yoshimitsu
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Yoshimitsu is infamous around these partsYoshimitsu is infamous around these partsYoshimitsu is infamous around these partsYoshimitsu is infamous around these partsYoshimitsu is infamous around these partsYoshimitsu is infamous around these partsYoshimitsu is infamous around these partsYoshimitsu is infamous around these partsYoshimitsu is infamous around these partsYoshimitsu is infamous around these partsYoshimitsu is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 998,027.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZigga View Post
Jones beats them both. Isn't it funny how British people call us biased yanks when they're saying their fighters would beat one of the ATGs with a much better resume than either of hem? I also find it hysterical that they are mocking Jones' chin when a large percentage of. British fighters have jaws made of china. Benn and Eubank were basically domestic level fighters. Yes, they had power and some skill but Roy had it all.
good trollin bro
Old 07-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Roy Jones Jnr
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Roy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 890,456,565.92
No Message - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZigga View Post
Whilst i agree RJJ beats them both this is one of the very worst posts i've ever read on this forum, and there's hundreds on here daily.

This is particularly my favourite line, epic.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Roy Jones Jnr
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Roy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 890,456,565.92
No Message - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE TROTTER View Post
why don't you just go away. you're the troll. i can have who i want in my atg list.
i read that in my head with Rodders saying it to me.

Calm down Rodders!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:47 PM
BigZigga
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 BigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 4,038,940.73

You Brits have heard of satire, no? I believe you invented it
Just having some good ol' hyperbolic fun.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:16 PM
robertzimmerman
Contender

Rep Power: 7 robertzimmerman is a name known to allrobertzimmerman is a name known to allrobertzimmerman is a name known to allrobertzimmerman is a name known to allrobertzimmerman is a name known to allrobertzimmerman is a name known to all
Total Points: 5,454.44

Some of these posts are ridiculous!

Eubank was a very good fighter. But he was more than happy to defend his belt at home, and has admitted as much on numerous occasions. He didn't chase the huge fights in the U.S. so the fight was never viable.

Benn was my favourite fighter as a kid, and he'd have been dangerous for Roy early on. But I think Roy would have out boxed him and TKO'd him late. If Eubank and Watson could do it, Roy certainy could have. Roy had a famous saying that was "You fight a boxer, and box a fighter" He wouldn't have been stupid enough to trade with Nigel, he would have boxed him. Both fighters were interested in the fight, but at the time Don King wanted to tie Roy into a three fight contract. Roy didn't want to be tied to Don, and when they couldn't compromise, Roy turned his attentions to moving up to the 175 division.

Collins was a warrior with a great chin, but I think Roy's speed would have been way too much for him. But I've got to give Steve a lot of credit for chasing Roy like he did.

Calzaghe, said he wanted Roy, but never did anything to get a fight. Roy was in America at 175, while Joe was at home at 168 fighting mainly european competition in a weak divison. How the **** did Roy duck Joe? If Joe wasn't willing to fight in Roy's weight class or country, then the fight was a complete no go. It was too little too late when he finally went over in 2008. In 2006 he said that Roy was finished and a fight between them would be pointless, then two years later he tried to backtrack on what he'd said, and all of a sudden the fight was relevant. The guy was a joker, and he knows he couldn't have beaten Roy at his peak.

When a potential fight was discussed in 2001/2002, Joe was still relatively unknown outside of europe.

What you've got to consider when you look at the guys that Roy missed, is that the majority of them weren't as good as Toney and Hopkins etc.

Last edited by robertzimmerman; 07-28-2012 at 02:43 PM.