Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Has Wladimir reached the levels of Lennox Lewis?
Yes. He has 16 21.92%
No, not there yet 53 72.60%
Wladimir will one day surpass Lennox 4 5.48%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 07-23-2012, 04:17 PM
UnicornGirl
Banned

Rep Power: 0 UnicornGirl has a spectacular aura aboutUnicornGirl has a spectacular aura aboutUnicornGirl has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,620.33
Default Have Wladimir reach the levels of Lennox Lewis? Is he already better?

This has always been a subject of debate between me and my college roommate, she is a huge fan of Lennox Lewis and feel like that at times she sees flashes of Lennox in Wladimir. I feel the same way, they are roughly around the same height, same weight, both got great jabs, both are amazing athletic super heavyweights and both use Manny Steward as a trainer and fight at times in a way that protect their not so great chins.

First off, let's make this clear. Resume and ATG Ranking wise, it will be very very hard for Wlad to surpass Lewis, not because he's not good enough but because the current era is not good enough for Wlad. You can only beat what is put in front of you and what's put in front of Wlad is truely a reflection of the hard times the HW Division has fallen upon. Nevertheless, in terms of pure skills, Wladimir is surely already a top 7-4 ATG. He is just as fast as Lennox, just as strong, slightly more power, and a tad more of an athlete. He does not have the inside fighting skills of Lewis(not yet) and he obviously lack the huge uppercut which Lennox loved to demolish opponents with.

One of the issues with Wlad like I mentioned before, is a lack of quality opponents to test himself against. So we don't really get to see just how far he has come. Lennox Lewis blew out some prime super heavyweights during his time in a way that we don't know if Wladimir could have done. Could Wlad do the same to a prime Golota who has just came off back to back beatings of Riddick Bowe the way Lewis did? Or will Wladimir jab Prime Golota to a UD Victory? Could Wladimir destroy a Prime Ruddock and a Prime Michael Grant within a few rounds the way Lennox did? Or will he clinch and jab to a late knockout in a boring fight?
Could Wladimir fight his way back like Lewis did against Bruno,Briggs, and even Vitali(during the worst and last phase of Lennox's career) or would Wladimir fold? Wladimir showed true courage and an ability to fight back against a slugging Samuel Peter when he was down multiple times and with the scorecards narrowing, he dug deep. But that is Samuel Peter. can we honestly say that prime version of Samuel Peter even beat David Tua? Someone who Lennox dominated for 12 rounds. These questions have not yet been answered, and I only hope they will be within the next 2-3 years. I hope Wladimir will be tested in ways he was never tested before.
That being said, on a pure skill front I say yes. He has reached Lennox's Level, maybe not surpass but he is surely just as good now in terms of skills and abilities. The right hand, the jab, the movement, they might not look quite as slick as Lennox's but they are just as good.

There are a bunch of prospects coming through. Two names jump out more then the others and that is Olympian Favorite Anthony Joshua and his fellow British super heavyweight David Price. The main issue is that by the time they are both prime, Wladimir will be in his late 30's and on the downside. Unless the likes of Seth Mitchell and Bryant Jennings step up their game considerably within 1-2 years and unless David Haye actaully go to fight, Wlad will continue to fight C+ Level opponents to build a resume of stats instead of a resume of legacies.

Wladimir might be boring, he might be in a weak era, but one thing that can not be denied is Wladimir equals pure class. They say boxers should never be role models, well Wladimir is my role model and I have never regret looking up to Wlad. Not on how to be a great boxer, not on how to be a great entertainer, but on how to be a great human being.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-23-2012, 04:18 PM
SilverSun
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 SilverSun has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSun has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSun has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSun has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSun has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSun has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSun has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSun has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSun has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSun has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSun has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,129,335.63
:) - dancovboxer Groupie-ass faqqet! - Uncle Howie 

please explain yourself
Old 07-23-2012, 04:26 PM
dan_cov
Graceful God Golovkin

Rep Power: 64 dan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,635,525,830,765,737,472.00
Total Points: 2,655,846,961,294,793,728.00
Thanks man - Jloro dan_cov makes Boxingscene a better place - valero Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed 
thanks - DannYankee09 p4p poster.  Thank you for keeping it 100% - damit305 you have great predictions - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas you deserve a medal for being a truly truly atg poster - jas I see you hit the lotto...congratulations :fing02: - -jose- 
Congrats good call. - Scott.Weiland. Enjoy - kennylimon solid - SlySlickSmooth ATG poster - Croyd a cookie for ur kitchen post lol - sugarsmosley 
Thx 4 points,made WC more fun - Scott.Weiland knows s**t about boxin' - SlySlickSmooth No Message - Scott Weiland Ran out of greenies - Beercules Hope you like cold beer bro! :-) - Tyler_Durden 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ƒallenloki Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ƒallenloki Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ƒallenloki Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Daniel Alpha 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Daniel Alpha Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

It don't matter who Wladimir beats because once he has it automatically makes them bums on this website.

Wladimir will not get the true credit he deserves until he is long retired & we're left with Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury & the other jokes of the heavyweight division.

Wladimir is an ATG & very few of these so called heavyweight greats could hang with him, head-to-head.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Jack Napier
Whores on Our Cul de Sac

Rep Power: 47 Jack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,891,877,081,908.00
Total Points: 4,892,877,103,451.51
welcome back pare - -JAWS- good man - Old Coward Cool Poster... - BritishBoxing92 parallelogram - TBear Stay up homie..Them Blue Parellograms is whats in style round these parts man - -FkkMeKJ- 
parollelogram sa inyo!! - Disposable Arts Blue parallelogram para sa iyo! - Chadmack BEER - jhacen parallelogram sa inyo!! - Blooper Have A Blue Parallelogram And &amp;quot;Keep Up&amp;quot; The Good Work LOL - RimmyDelicious 
for you homie - Tha_Greatest cheers! - led Beer pre - led my treat - KING MEAT back sa yo repaks - KING MEAT 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Jo94403 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - -Kevin- Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - ??? 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - The  Joker Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - LeeVanCleef Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 

that's too much to read, and your username is really gay
anyway, Lewis beat better opponents
but Wlad is actually even more dominant than Lewis was
Wlad hasn't looked vulnerable since 05, barely even lost any rds
unified like Lewis did and somehow maintained all his belts
Old 07-23-2012, 04:30 PM
UnicornGirl
Banned

Rep Power: 0 UnicornGirl has a spectacular aura aboutUnicornGirl has a spectacular aura aboutUnicornGirl has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 50,620.33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_cov View Post
It don't matter who Wladimir beats because once he has it automatically makes them bums on this website.

Wladimir will not get the true credit he deserves until he is long retired & we're left with Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury & the other jokes of the heavyweight division.

Wladimir is an ATG & very few of these so called heavyweight greats could hang with him, head-to-head.
Great Post. Thank you for reply. I feel the same way. I try to be an unbias Wladimir fan. I DO ADMIT that the current era have an extremely high amount of bums though. The Tony Thompson Wlad fought could have been beaten by just about every top 10 contenter from the 90's. That being said, in my opinion ONLY ALI, TYSON AND LEWIS will be considered favorites against Wladimir.
I have Wlad in my top 10-15 ATG List, resume wise, and top 5 H2H.
When his career is over, I feel Wlad will be a top 7 ATG. He is boring nowadays because of Manny Steward. Also because he have a glass chin. I admit it, no shame in admiting your fighter's flaws. Jim Lamprey once said
'Wlad's chin make Lennox Lewis look like Granite', the thing is Wlad has become so good, nobody can get to his chin now.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:33 PM
dan_cov
Graceful God Golovkin

Rep Power: 64 dan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks man - Jloro dan_cov makes Boxingscene a better place - valero Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed 
thanks - DannYankee09 p4p poster.  Thank you for keeping it 100% - damit305 you have great predictions - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas you deserve a medal for being a truly truly atg poster - jas I see you hit the lotto...congratulations :fing02: - -jose- 
Congrats good call. - Scott.Weiland. Enjoy - kennylimon solid - SlySlickSmooth ATG poster - Croyd a cookie for ur kitchen post lol - sugarsmosley 
Thx 4 points,made WC more fun - Scott.Weiland knows s**t about boxin' - SlySlickSmooth No Message - Scott Weiland Ran out of greenies - Beercules Hope you like cold beer bro! :-) - Tyler_Durden 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ƒallenloki Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ƒallenloki Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ƒallenloki Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Daniel Alpha 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Daniel Alpha Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

People say Wladimirs opposition has been bad but if you look at his last 16 opponents, all back-to-back, that is some real solid guys.

Haye, Ibragimov, Castillo, Chagaev, Brock, Peter, Brewster, Chambers etc

Maybe not ATG material but certainly far from bums, especially at the time he fought them where most was undefeated and coming off some very respectable wins. All those guys was around even odds or a slight underdog & picked by many to win, he shut out just about everyone out.

K.Oing 13 of the 16, losing only a handful of rounds in the process.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Joe2608
The Red Devils

Rep Power: 23 Joe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond reputeJoe2608 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,163,253,108,883.77
Total Points: 1,163,253,182,760.76

He will never get anywhere near Lennox Lewis regardless of what he does with the rest of his career.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:41 PM
ROSS CALIFORNIA
Tyson fan

Rep Power: 213 ROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,755,584,169,322,344.00
Total Points: 14,755,584,169,324,130.00
why thanks mate, have a masterful evening - I'm so sorry happy new years man! - HUGH JASS happy new year - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs Here you go - ??? 
to a good friend - Fire and Fear No Message - messenger Awesome member award - jazluvr sorry being late - Nemisis No Message - MartinC 
Ross is the man! - valero Medal of Honor bro for integrity - Tyler_Durden No Message - CounterPunching thanks for the quick payment :fing02: - -jose- for your integrity - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden thanks, for the quick payment, who you got for the Cotto/Martinez fight? - -jose- Here's a bottle of vintage,1766 from Sicily.Enjoy. - Scott.Weiland. for swift payment on epoints bet! - jas No Message - Scott Weiland 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

I don't think he is as good as Lewis and I don't think Lewis is all that great, but he took a little more chances than Wlad. If Wlad got the job done better against the level of fighters he's faced, I'd say him and Lewis are pretty close. I think Wlads whole problem is he has a weak chin and has to protect it too much.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:49 PM
-Lowkey-
Winter is coming

Rep Power: 13 -Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 738,649,797,539.54
Total Points: 738,756,872,069.55
:) - Bossy Hidden treasures of the Dothraki - Terrel 

Not going to read all of that but to answer the title.

No and No he never will be.

Lennox is a top 10 ATG heavyweight at the least personally I think top 5, Wlad could never hope to achieve that kind of status.

Also prime for prime I see no other outcome than a Lewis K.O.

Last edited by -Lowkey-; 07-23-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:56 PM
dan_cov
Graceful God Golovkin

People said the same thing about Lewis & his chin was far from granite.
He often fought very cautiously and was far from the killer hes made out to be today. He was very safety first & fought similarly to Wladimir does now with often maybe even less urgency.

I think Wladimirs chin is a bit of a myth, I do think his chin is shaky but I wouldn't say it was glass/as bad as its made out to be. Most/all the legit knockdowns was from huge punchers such as Sanders, Panell & mainly through exhaustion as well as Peters infamous rabbit punches to the back of the head.

People are just so harsh of the brothers, its ridiculous. If they took guys out early doors I.E like Tyson, they would moan about that too lol