Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-28-2015, 11:17 PM
therealpugilist
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 therealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,000,000,329,548.94
Default Mccallum on the legends hagler hearns leonard duran all ducked me

One of my all time favorite fighters....would have loved to have saw Hearns vs McCallum...I think they actually sparred at kronk several times

I think he'd have defeated all of them are at least had a great trilogy with one or two of them, if he got a shot at them all

All 5 are great fighters but this era isn't the first where great fights were missed nor will be the last
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-28-2015, 11:29 PM
therealpugilist
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 therealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these parts

We never really know what goes on behind the scenes....I cant believe he said that one of the gave up their title not to fight him...I think it was Duran. He tried to make fights with all the fab 4 but it seemed like he was barred out of the great round robin
Old 01-28-2015, 11:30 PM
joseph5620
undisputed

Rep Power: 22 joseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,176,923,421,482.28
Total Points: 19,219,928,560,001.27
a knowledgeable poster - Carnivore Great Poster! - Barnburner I would say you have the IQ of a rodent. But that would be an insult to the rodent.. - Unknown Champ quality posts - Stokely cheers mate - The Noose 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealpugilist View Post

One of my all time favorite fighters....would have loved to have saw Hearns vs McCallum...I think they actually sparred at kronk several times

I think he'd have defeated all of them are at least had a great trilogy with one or two of them, if he got a shot at them all

All 5 are great fighters but this era isn't the first where great fights were missed nor will be the last

I would have to get a timeline on when he thinks all of these fighters ducked him. I'm not buying Hagler. Hagler last fight was in 87 when Mcallum was a not well known jr middleweight. There was absolutely no reason for Hagler to fight Mccallum. He wanted a rematch with Leonard or nothing.

I know Duran skipped over Mccallum for Hearns and was stripped. But that's not exactly a duck. Hearns brought more money and was every bit as dangerous if not more.

After 87 Leonard fought for big money fights only.

Hearns might have avoided Mcallum because he was well aware who he was. But again I would have to see a timeline of when he believes this happened.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:31 PM
SeekDaGreat
Da' Hood Legend

Rep Power: 12 SeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 250,000,001,301,649.19
You know very little about boxing. Hopefully this gift makes up for it. - Pigeons Cheers brooooo - Bardock here's to a good poster - jas Agreed! - MDPopescu 

That's like Tyson saying Ali Frazier and Foreman all ducked him.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:38 PM
therealpugilist
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph5620 View Post
I would have to get a timeline on when he thinks all of these fighters ducked him. I'm not buying Hagler. Hagler last fight was in 87 when Mcallum was a not well known jr middleweight. There was absolutely no reason for Hagler to fight Mccallum. He wanted a rematch with Leonard or nothing.

I know Duran skipped over Mccallum for Hearns and was stripped. But that's not exactly a duck. Hearns brought more money and was every bit as dangerous if not more.

After 87 Leonard fought for big money fights only.

Hearns might have avoided Mcallum because he was well aware who he was. But again I would have to see a timeline of when he believes this happened.
Hagler fought John" the Beast" Mugabi who campaigned mostly at 154 who was 25-0(25 kos) in '86 when they fought and didn't win a title til after in the 154 division and Hearns who was moving up to 160 in'85

Mike McCallum held the WBA 154 strap from 1984-1987

also held the WBA middleweight from 89-91 and fought for titles @ 160-175 until 1995....everyone was active except Hagler after 87

He could have fought all four but never got the shot

Mike McCallum won the WBC
Old 01-28-2015, 11:39 PM
K-DOGG
Mitakuye Oyasin

Rep Power: 45 K-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,347,021.02
Total Points: 10,000,124,495.19

Well, they kinda did. He was seen as a high risk/low reward opponent.

The only one of the Fan Four I would hold essentially blameless is probably Hagler. I don't think Hagler was particularly worried about anyone......and personally, I think Hagler would have beaten him.

Leonard retired after the retina thing in 82 and after a test fight against Howard, only fought Hagler, Yearns and Duran before Norris put him back to bed. He set the stage for Jones Jr and May weather in only taking the big fights. There was no big money facing McCallum, who the casual fan had never heard of..........yeah, I know....I forgot Lalonde....can't b,AME me for trying.

Duran and Hearns? McCallum was Duran's mandatory, if memory serves me correctly.....and Yearns was in the same gym when Tommy fought Duran instead.

Yeah, Body Snatcher has a bit o a beef; but he'll have to vet in line behind Sam Langford, Charlie Burley, and a whole host of others.....least he won a couple of belts....even if he never got "star money".
Old 01-28-2015, 11:41 PM
therealpugilist
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
no its not

they were all in the same era

Hagler was champ at middleweight until 1987

Duran, Hearns, and Leonard were still active and fighting for titles in the late 80's-early 90's

A lot of people today just believe what they want to...anyone who was around at the time and saw the bodysnatcher fight in his prime from 1984-1991 he was a threat to beat all of them
Old 01-28-2015, 11:49 PM
joseph5620
undisputed

Rep Power: 22 joseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,176,923,421,482.28
Total Points: 19,219,928,560,001.27
a knowledgeable poster - Carnivore Great Poster! - Barnburner I would say you have the IQ of a rodent. But that would be an insult to the rodent.. - Unknown Champ quality posts - Stokely cheers mate - The Noose 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealpugilist View Post
Hagler fought John" the Beast" Mugabi who campaigned mostly at 154 who was 25-0(25 kos) in '86 when they fought and didn't win a title til after in the 154 division and Hearns who was moving up to 160 in'85

Mike McCallum held the WBA 154 strap from 1984-1987

also held the WBA middleweight from 89-91 and fought for titles @ 160-175 until 1995....everyone was active except Hagler after 87

He could have fought all four but never got the shot

Mike McCallum won the WBC
Mugabi was getting a lot of television exposure and hype for his punching power and KO record. Unfortunately for Mcallum, even though he was far better, did not generate that type of attention. Aside from that Mccallum had done nothing to warrant a fight with Hagler prior to Hagler's fight with Leonard.

Hearns was much more known, proven, and brought in much more money.

That's the only time Mccallum could have fought Hagler because after the Leonard fight Hagler wanted a rematch or nothing.

Hagler never avoided anybody and if the Mccallum fight made sense he would have fought him.

Last edited by joseph5620; 01-28-2015 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:49 PM
Rustle Wilson
Up and Comer

Total Points: 1,962.16

Depends on how you define "ducking".

But none of the fab 4 were all too keen on facing him...or Julian Jackson, Sambu Kalambay & Michael Nunn for that matter...all would've made much better & viable opponents than alot of the stiffs that the fab 4 were facing during the mid-to-late 80's.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:52 PM
Rustle Wilson
Up and Comer

Total Points: 1,962.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
Horrible comparison.