Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 12-20-2014, 07:11 AM
IR0NFIST
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 71
Rep Power: 1 IR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 25,000,000,008,968.33
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,000,000,008,968.33
Default Breaking down Mayweather

I've had more confidence in this fight happening in the past 3 months then in the past few years, but listening to Floyd's words when he was interviewed during the Showtime broadcast took away that confidence.

He wants the fight to be strictly on Showtime knowing fully well that Pac has an exclusive deal with HBO. Both networks can work together to co-televise the event, Floyd should leave the networking to the networks. We already know Floyd is the "A-side" and has negotiating power but Pacquiao is by no means as powerless as Maidana or Canelo in terms of negotiating leverage.

Floyd likes to talk logistics by mentioning PPV numbers like the 300k PPV buys that Pac and Algieri did in China without even acknowledging the fact that the Bradley rematch did nearly 800k PPV buys in the MGM, proving that Pac is still a big draw in the states.

It's no secret that Pac has/had IRS problems or that he's been KO'ed by Marquez. Two things that Floyd often brings up whenever he talks about him, but none of that will have any relevance on his fight with Pacquiao so there's no point in even mentioning it other than to further separate his name from Pacquiao's to avoid fighting him.

Mayweather claims Bob is the bad guy, and he might have been back when the first stage of negotiations fell through in the past, but after Pac's loses to Bradley and Marquez there shouldn't be any reason for Bob to prevent this fight from happening anymore.

Considering all the above, in most cases the person who has the most to lose is usually the least likely to take a risk. And I think we can all agree who that person is in this case. #fightpacquiao
Reply With Quote
IR0NFIST is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 12-20-2014, 07:49 AM
Zhang Yong Jun
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 167
Rep Power: 0 Zhang Yong Jun is just really niceZhang Yong Jun is just really niceZhang Yong Jun is just really niceZhang Yong Jun is just really nice
Points: 5,007,070.91
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,007,070.91
lmaO - Beercules the wise one master zhang - Sterling Archer Stop killing animals to make aphrodisiacs. - MrTambourineMan 
Default

The Mayweather is a very overrated fight!

The American Joe Calzaghe!

He will hit the Pacquiao with many succession of right hands but the low volume will spell disaster!

The Pacquiaos power has been underrated lately! the opponent know they must keep their guard up to survive! The Bradley was hurt very bad in second fight and Rios went to Clottey shell!
Reply With Quote
Zhang Yong Jun is offline
#3
Old 12-20-2014, 07:55 AM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 10,430
Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Points: 1,000,255,303.70
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,255,303.70
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 
Respect to an old time brotha, stack your paper OG - GettinMoney fl0wm0e of the year, 2014. Youve earned this bud. For your hard work and dedication - SeekDaGreat 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhang Yong Jun View Post
The Mayweather is a very overrated fight!

The American Joe Calzaghe!

He will hit the Pacquiao with many succession of right hands but the low volume will spell disaster!

The Pacquiaos power has been underrated lately! the opponent know they must keep their guard up to survive! The Bradley was hurt very bad in second fight and Rios went to Clottey shell!
Confucious say big dream like pie in the sky .
Reply With Quote
Reloaded is offline
#4
Old 12-20-2014, 02:49 PM
IR0NFIST
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 71
Rep Power: 1 IR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond reputeIR0NFIST has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 25,000,000,008,968.33
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,000,000,008,968.33
Default

Floyd is adamant about fighting on Cinco De Mayo weekend. Arum and Oscar would want nothing more than for fighters they do business with (Cotto and Canelo) to secure that date, it would sell a lot more than if they fought on any other weekend. Regardless of what date Floyd and Pacquiao fight on it would still do record breaking PPV numbers, so date shouldn't be an issue.

Sure, Floyd's been fighting on Cinco De Mayo weekend for as far back as 07, but that was before Canelo entered the PPV scene. If Floyd had any integrity he would step aside and let Canelo vs Cotto fight on Cinco De Mayo weekend for the Mexican fans, and all of Latin America in general.

Floyd is known for playing the race card, but doesn't want to give a Mexican superstar like Canelo the honor of fighting on a Mexican holiday which in all respect should be a birthright to Canelo. How would the African American people react if a non-black boxer tried to take MLK day away from them? Chaos and rioting would ensue.
Reply With Quote
IR0NFIST is offline
#5
Old 12-20-2014, 02:51 PM
LarryXXX
FOCUSED
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 37,466
Rep Power: 229 LarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 450,085,404.02
Bank: 1,803,797,980,714,242,670,592.00
Total Points: 1,803,797,980,714,693,033,984.00
happy bday - pacfan - sugarsmosley Happy birthday - DonMega Happy birthday - betmen Happy Birthday - -Kev- Happy Birthday man.  God bless you - Rip Chudd 
Happy birthday, you my guy - Sugar Adam Ali Have a blessed Birthday.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy Birthday Larry! Wish you all the best. - BulgariasFinest happy birthday bro - -jose- No Message - Heavy Champ 
No Message - Heavy Champ No Message - Heavy Champ Great when nut hugging - Southpaw110 Great when not nut hugging - Southpaw110 Distinguished Service Medal. B-Hop Battalion - jas 
Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass A* poster - Scott-Weiland No Message - Scott-Weiland thx for the points bro - jaded Merry Christmas - hhs661 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - project xxx1 Childhood Cancer - project xxx1 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - project xxx1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - New England Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jjbj2 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - sugarsmosley 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - TBear Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - TBear Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas 
Default

I swear we have a master thread on this man...you might want to delete this..mods are sick of these threads
Reply With Quote
LarryXXX is offline
#6
Old 12-20-2014, 03:03 PM
creekrat77
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 656
Rep Power: 3 creekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 35,520.57
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 35,520.57
Default

I like what the OP is saying. Floyd's the most powerful athlete in the sport and probably in all sports as a current athlete but he can't make the only fight that matters happen?? I don't by it. The showtime interview was him just fogging everything up and taking away the momentum of excitement and expectations from the fans to see this fight. Pathetic.
Reply With Quote
creekrat77 is offline
#7
Old 12-20-2014, 03:23 PM
Easy Work TBE
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Spokane,Washinton
Posts: 524
Rep Power: 3 Easy Work TBE has a reputation beyond reputeEasy Work TBE has a reputation beyond reputeEasy Work TBE has a reputation beyond reputeEasy Work TBE has a reputation beyond reputeEasy Work TBE has a reputation beyond reputeEasy Work TBE has a reputation beyond reputeEasy Work TBE has a reputation beyond reputeEasy Work TBE has a reputation beyond reputeEasy Work TBE has a reputation beyond reputeEasy Work TBE has a reputation beyond reputeEasy Work TBE has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 3,702.37
Bank: 22,523.25
Total Points: 26,225.62
floyd........................ - Tha_Greatest floyd........................ - Tha_Greatest floyd........................ - Tha_Greatest floyd........................ - Tha_Greatest 
Default

Why would pac even give a **** if its on shotime? you know damn well floyd isnt going to be on HBO
Reply With Quote
Easy Work TBE is offline
#8
Old 12-20-2014, 03:29 PM
elfag
Hawaiian F@g
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,556
Rep Power: 0 elfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these parts
Points: 1,100,121,331.11
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,100,121,331.11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR0NFIST View Post
I've had more confidence in this fight happening in the past 3 months then in the past few years, but listening to Floyd's words when he was interviewed during the Showtime broadcast took away that confidence.

He wants the fight to be strictly on Showtime knowing fully well that Pac has an exclusive deal with HBO. Both networks can work together to co-televise the event, Floyd should leave the networking to the networks. We already know Floyd is the "A-side" and has negotiating power but Pacquiao is by no means as powerless as Maidana or Canelo in terms of negotiating leverage.

Floyd likes to talk logistics by mentioning PPV numbers like the 300k PPV buys that Pac and Algieri did in China without even acknowledging the fact that the Bradley rematch did nearly 800k PPV buys in the MGM, proving that Pac is still a big draw in the states.

It's no secret that Pac has/had IRS problems or that he's been KO'ed by Marquez. Two things that Floyd often brings up whenever he talks about him, but none of that will have any relevance on his fight with Pacquiao so there's no point in even mentioning it other than to further separate his name from Pacquiao's to avoid fighting him.

Mayweather claims Bob is the bad guy, and he might have been back when the first stage of negotiations fell through in the past, but after Pac's loses to Bradley and Marquez there shouldn't be any reason for Bob to prevent this fight from happening anymore.

Considering all the above, in most cases the person who has the most to lose is usually the least likely to take a risk. And I think we can all agree who that person is in this case. #fightpacquiao


they dont co televise events dip****. did they do that for tyson-lewis? why would they do it now? It will be on one channel or the other.
Reply With Quote
elfag is offline
#9
Old 12-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Johnwoo8686
The Devil's Double
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,443
Rep Power: 7 Johnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnwoo8686 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 110,010,191,025.03
Bank: 140,885,241.80
Total Points: 110,151,076,266.83
No Message - Johnwoo8686 ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry Molded out of Canelo's Snake just for you. - robust_ 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR0NFIST View Post
Floyd is adamant about fighting on Cinco De Mayo weekend. Arum and Oscar would want nothing more than for fighters they do business with (Cotto and Canelo) to secure that date, it would sell a lot more than if they fought on any other weekend. Regardless of what date Floyd and Pacquiao fight on it would still do record breaking PPV numbers, so date shouldn't be an issue.

Sure, Floyd's been fighting on Cinco De Mayo weekend for as far back as 07, but that was before Canelo entered the PPV scene. If Floyd had any integrity he would step aside and let Canelo vs Cotto fight on Cinco De Mayo weekend for the Mexican fans, and all of Latin America in general.

Floyd is known for playing the race card, but doesn't want to give a Mexican superstar like Canelo the honor of fighting on a Mexican holiday which in all respect should be a birthright to Canelo. How would the African American people react if a non-black boxer tried to take MLK day away from them? Chaos and rioting would ensue.
Nonsense, the whole idea of a Mexican fighting on cinco de mayo was created by Bob Arum. I've heard several Mexican youtubers say that they found it condescending to say that only a Mexican should fight on Cinco De Mayo. Don't fall for Bob Arums BS, Latino fans want to see the biggest fight out there and that fight is May vs Pac.

Floyd beat Canelo in a one sided fight and the whole world saw it. Now Canelo wants to call the shots just because he's Mexican? This kid had the opportunity to take thrown away from Mayweather and he blew it! And even Miguel Cotto has stated he wasn't sure about fighting on Cinco De Mayo weekend so why is Canelo so adamant?
Reply With Quote
Johnwoo8686 is offline
#10
Old 12-20-2014, 06:23 PM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London,England
Age: 36
Posts: 23,734
Rep Power: 60 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 115,290.72
Bank: 725,469,153,066,220.75
Total Points: 725,469,153,181,511.62
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Default

Would Pac give a shout out to showtime when he is fighting for HBO? Would showtime be happy if Mayweather say HBO name when he fights under their banner? At the end of the day it's up to the networks to work out where and how they want the fight, it's not up to Mayweather, just because he said come fight me on May 2 on showtime doesn't mean it's showtime or bust.
Reply With Quote
Ray* is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
breaking, mayweather

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.