Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Dudley
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 Dudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,574.55
Total Points: 110,120,603.17
Default Is Adrian Broner to big for boxing?

Sportsmanship (or sometimes sportspersonship) is an aspiration or ethos that a sport or activity will be enjoyed for its with proper consideration for fairness, ethics, respect, and a sense of fellowship with one's competitors.

Let make it clear I'm a fan of boxing threw and threw and to me Sportsmanship is paramount. Broner is the far superior, in every aspect compared to Escabado, no doubt. and in boxing where weight is an issue where is one guy has stripped himself down to weigh in at a legit weight for the fight and another guy doesn't, it goes from fan friendly late stoppage to a beat down one way shoot out.

IMO every boxing match counts because every match poses a test, and I think 3 lbs proved 2 things to me.

Adrian Broner lacks sportsmanship, for all his gifts at the age of 22, is bigger than boxing. smh.

And the second is that what he could have learned something going longer rounds with a dude who could have given him slight troubles will come back to haunt him. Everyone knows, every match is a test and gives one things to work on for the next challenge. I notice that Broner walks in straight lines and is very susceptible to the jab straight right hand to the body, the very same problem he had with Lucas Martin Matthysse. He might have learned something fighting a poor man's Matthysse. He's paid to be "SPECTACULAR" can he do the same in a close fight? Who knows? Broner will be around for while, will that be an undefeated career, we'll find out.

Thought? Am I full of ****?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-22-2012, 11:46 AM
boliodogs
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,290,588,033,356.91
Total Points: 10,300,588,122,059.60
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
Sportsmanship (or sometimes sportspersonship) is an aspiration or ethos that a sport or activity will be enjoyed for its with proper consideration for fairness, ethics, respect, and a sense of fellowship with one's competitors.

Let make it clear I'm a fan of boxing threw and threw and to me Sportsmanship is paramount. Broner is the far superior, in every aspect compared to Escabado, no doubt. and in boxing where weight is an issue where is one guy has stripped himself down to weigh in at a legit weight for the fight and another guy doesn't, it goes from fan friendly late stoppage to a beat down one way shoot out.

IMO every boxing match counts because every match poses a test, and I think 3 lbs proved 2 things to me.

Adrian Broner lacks sportsmanship, for all his gifts at the age of 22, is bigger than boxing. smh.

And the second is that what he could have learned something going longer rounds with a dude who could have given him slight troubles will come back to haunt him. Everyone knows, every match is a test and gives one things to work on for the next challenge. I notice that Broner walks in straight lines and is very susceptible to the jab straight right hand to the body, the very same problem he had with Lucas Martin Matthysse. He might have learned something fighting a poor man's Matthysse. He's paid to be "SPECTACULAR" can he do the same in a close fight? Who knows? Broner will be around for while, will that be an undefeated career, we'll find out.

I don't understand what you mean by Broner is bigger than boxing. I also don't know about any problems he had with Mattsysse because they never fought.If he did fight Mattsysse I think he would lose. Broner is an arrogant boxer and he already thinks he is the best fighter in the world so he may not try that hard to improve. He did not take his profession seriously enough to even come close to making weight. I thought he did the right thing to win his fight last night as quickly as possible. The time to learn is in training by sparring and watching films and listening to a good teacher. In an actual fight he should try to win the best and fastest way that he is able to. He could remain undefeated if he is careful who he fights. If he fights the very best fighters in the weight class he fights in I think he will lose but it would take a very good fighter to beat him. I think Garcia, Mattsysse, and Gamboa would all have an excellent chance to beat him but I doubt he fights them any time soon. He is being matched carefully in spite of all his big talk. Maybe he could beat any fighter his weight but he has not convinced me of that.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:47 AM
mrpain81
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 37 mrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 156,397,833,695,318.09
Total Points: 157,397,953,885,451.31
great poster - Melly-Mel Thanks for posting the Rd by Rds for the fights I don't get to see and supplying heaps of great info. - danc1984 funny shit! - Tom Flores thanks for posting on the thread - robson24 Consistently funny poster. Thumbs up. - ddangerous 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sox8055 

His dad is.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Dudley
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 Dudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,574.55
Total Points: 110,120,603.17

Quote:
Originally Posted by boliodogs View Post
I don't understand what you mean by Broner is bigger than boxing. I also don't know about any problems he had with Mattsysse because they never fought.If he did fight Mattsysse I think he would lose. Broner is an arrogant boxer and he already thinks he is the best fighter in the world so he may not try that hard to improve. He did not take his profession seriously enough to even come close to making weight. I thought he did the right thing to win his fight last night as quickly as possible. The time to learn is in training by sparring and watching films and listening to a good teacher. In an actual fight he should try to win the best and fastest way that he is able to. He could remain undefeated if he is careful who he fights. If he fights the very best fighters in the weight class he fights in I think he will lose but it would take a very good fighter to beat him. I think Garcia, Mattsysse, and Gamboa would all have an excellent chance to beat him but I doubt he fights them any time soon. He is being matched carefully in spite of all his big talk. Maybe he could beat any fighter his weight but he has not convinced me of that.
Sorry I meant Daniel Ponce De Leon.

Last edited by Dudley; 07-22-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:06 PM
mathed
Golovkin is the G.O.A.T!

Rep Power: 97 mathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 732,883,732,211,088.62
Total Points: 732,883,732,212,871.25
STORMTROOPERS - DonMega For Avatar awesomeness - DannYankee09 Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden war b-suth - Mike D :beerchug: - -jose- 
Something in return for the gifts and points and stuff . Thanks again - Respect Power Happy birthday old fart! - DannYankee09 Appreciate it my man! Here's a 40!! Enjoy the schooling Pascal is gonna get! :D - Golovkin Enjoy a beer on me :) - Tyler_Durden Another beer for ya bro, to go along with your winnings from tonight's fights! :) - Tyler_Durden 
Good luck to your fighter. - Augustane No Message - sugarsmosley everyone gifts beer, have some cake for a change - sugarsmosley Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps War Tribe - Hougigo 
To a valiant warrior. - DonMega War Tribe!!!!!!!!!!! - Rome-By-Ko Cheers man.been a hot day. - Scott.Weiland. Hey man here's a gift .  Couple of our guys lost since I ran in to u . Ur were the first dude to donate me points so cheers!!! - Respect Power No Message - Respect Power 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Artur Kyshenko Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - mathed Autism - Lorily Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Underboss Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Any southpaw with a solid jab and good bodywork would trouble Broner. Rios would probably break Broner down because all he does is walk in and measure you out with the reaching fake jab and throw hooks and straight rights.

Rios would pin him against the ropes and tee of on him, he doesn't have any lateral movement at all.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:13 PM
StopBlocking
Contender

Rep Power: 7 StopBlocking has a reputation beyond reputeStopBlocking has a reputation beyond reputeStopBlocking has a reputation beyond reputeStopBlocking has a reputation beyond reputeStopBlocking has a reputation beyond reputeStopBlocking has a reputation beyond reputeStopBlocking has a reputation beyond reputeStopBlocking has a reputation beyond reputeStopBlocking has a reputation beyond reputeStopBlocking has a reputation beyond reputeStopBlocking has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 15,794.83

Personally I wasn't impressed at all with Broner last night as far as inside the ring. I think he is so fascinated with looking like Mayweather that it takes away from his offense. He could have stopped Escobedo before the fifth round if he came out throwing more.

I don't think Broner realizes that at lightweight (his current weight) Mayweather threw combinations better than anyone has ever seen. It wasn't until he moved up in weight a bit where he started fighting from behind his defense. To me Broner's antics are premature because Mayweather already had a few solid wins before he really started his PBF/Money Mayweather persona.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:10 PM
boliodogs
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,290,588,033,356.91
Total Points: 10,300,588,122,059.60
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX 

I thought he ran to much in the De Leon fight and I am not sure he deserved the win.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:13 PM
RL_GMA
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 41 RL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,035,143,028,908.53
Total Points: 24,035,143,210,070.55
tv ilegal vid. - mellow_mood Happy BIRTHday to your new baby boy. .  Congrats on being a POPS! - UglyPug congrats and make sure you'll be a superdad - Alx. Congrats, pops! - jazluvr Congratulations and all the best with your new little one. :wave: - Bossy 
Here's one for your baby boy - led Here's another one for you being a dad - led Congratulations on your new son, here's a lucky dollar... - jose830 Haha - Berges heres a burger for after,i already green kd u and couldnt do so again. - HUGH JASS 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RL_GMA 

Broner is really good and is still young, but realistically, who has he fought??? His biggest name was Ponce De Leon and that fight in itself is disputed. Fight some big names on a consistent level, win, and call me back.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Ryn0
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 31 Ryn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 56,878,617,888,740.26
Total Points: 56,878,617,932,776.83
Thanks buddy. -GO KING ARTHUR! - VanesBoxing Thanks for the tips - slicksouthpaw16 Cheers man.  Thanks for the mention. - ABOSWORTH For an awesome poster - Sweet Pea 50 No Message - Sithis 
For the Mayweather boat...LMAOOOOO - Shin Akuma I bought ya a pint, you have fulled my nuthugging for calzaghe, thanks :) - GreatJoe 
Childhood Cancer - BatTheMan Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - `STEELHEAD 

Threw and threw? Clearly not a fan of English. Sorry just had to point that out.

Also I agree, Broner showed a complete lack of class coming in that heavy and posting tweets about all the junk he was eating.

Escobedo would have still lost and probably in a similar fashion, but it just gives more fuel to the fire. Imagine if Escobedo had called it off, I can't imagine HBO giving this kid too many chances like they gave Guzman. Very talented fighter, but he's arrogant to the point where he hasn't earnt it at a professional level.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Russian Crushin
atheist with a gun

Rep Power: 173 Russian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 729,011,004,382,538.50
Total Points: 734,011,555,575,021.50
Happy B-Day brotha! - blaze778 Happy birthday bro! - led superbirthday - TBear cheers bro! - chiguy91 here's a fanta bro...i think - Alx. 
happy birthday! - dj Pepe happy bday again - TBear Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy Happy birthday bro! - led Happy B-day - CuauhtÚmoc1520 
ATG - rorymac Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays Russian Crushin, - !! AI-Holmes!! have a Happy and safe New Years my brother from a Russian mother :beerchug: - jose830 
Great Poster - Dr Rumack HBD bro. - led* Happy Birthday - Freedom. Hope you have a good one! - dan_cov cheers!! - drenlou 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - 'Sugar' Freddi Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - 'Sugar' Freddi Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mathed 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post

Stopped reading after this