Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-20-2012, 02:06 PM
MalikKnucklez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 140,167,204,778.17
Total Points: 141,167,220,167.25
have a slush......... - bigsmoothh have an apple....... - bigsmoothh pizza pizza........... - bigsmoothh Salud! Gracias socio - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazadores View Post
Who has he beat to make people think this.

He looks good and obviously has talent, but he's no world beater at this point.
nobody here tried chuckin him up to be a world beater.....Nobody here even ranks Gamboa p4p yet.

His 20 fight resume is stronger than a lot of ranked dudes in and around his division, Broner included. His last 3 victories were against Solis, Orlando Salido & Ponce De Leon...all ranked fighters, former/current World Champions and have been there with some of the toughest dudes and given them hell.

The biggest part of that observation isn't just the name, it's that Gamboa's gotten in the ring with these dudes and has completely overwhelmed and outclassed them.

If you don't see Gamboa as being head & shoulders above alot of these ranked dudes, then I just don't know what to tell you.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-20-2012, 02:08 PM
any craic lad?
W-A-R

Rep Power: 17 any craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 172,088.73
great poster - El Cabron WARGARITO! - Rich Loc Jr drink up lad.. - the mesiah 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
Also why didn't you acknowledge Gamboa being knocked down many times?
Anyone who has ever seen those kds will also say it has been because off him being way too reckless earlier in his career not once was he stunned
Old 07-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Cazadores
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Cazadores has a reputation beyond reputeCazadores has a reputation beyond reputeCazadores has a reputation beyond reputeCazadores has a reputation beyond reputeCazadores has a reputation beyond reputeCazadores has a reputation beyond reputeCazadores has a reputation beyond reputeCazadores has a reputation beyond reputeCazadores has a reputation beyond reputeCazadores has a reputation beyond reputeCazadores has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,100,075,019.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
nobody here tried chuckin him up to be a world beater.....Nobody here even ranks Gamboa p4p yet.

His 20 fight resume is stronger than a lot of ranked dudes in and around his division, Broner included. His last 3 victories were against Solis, Orlando Salido & Ponce De Leon...all ranked fighters, former/current World Champions and have been there with some of the toughest dudes and given them hell.

The biggest part of that observation isn't just the name, it's that Gamboa's gotten in the ring with these dudes and has completely overwhelmed and outclassed them.

If you don't see Gamboa as being head & shoulders above alot of these ranked dudes, then I just don't know what to tell you.
When did I say that?

What I don't see is someone that blows away Broner. He's small and has a bad chin. We have only really seen him in against top come forward guys. Im not high on either Solis or Salido. At all.

I think Broner Stops him. Whenever anyone brings up the two all I ever here is how great gamoboa's resume is. I don't see it.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:11 PM
MalikKnucklez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 140,167,204,778.17
Total Points: 141,167,220,167.25
have a slush......... - bigsmoothh have an apple....... - bigsmoothh pizza pizza........... - bigsmoothh Salud! Gracias socio - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

Quote:
This is a horse that's been beaten half to death with Gamboa. It's no secret that Gamboa has had a trajectory of being offensively wreckless. None, and I mean none, of Gamboa's knockdowns have been cuz he was seriously hurt. He's literally gotten right back up before the count of 3, and in all instances it's been more of a lack of his own balance than anything the opponent did.

If u want to disagree with that....find me a fight where Gamboa has been knocked down and hasn't proceeded to either

1. Knockout or stop his opponent in the round directly following his Knockdown
2. Completely dominate and overwhelm his opponent from that point forward, significantly more than he was before the KD
Old 07-20-2012, 02:14 PM
timboslice708
Banned

Rep Power: 0 timboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,049,544.78

Quote:
Read my post, where it says his technical boxing has grown leaps and bounds.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:15 PM
garfios
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 garfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 100,065,149.81

Cazador doesn't like Cubans fighters he always has something negative to say, if the fight happens we will c who is better, so far impress or not Gamboa's resume is way better than Broner's.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:15 PM
gmc_rfc_06
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 gmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,005,053,285.60
cheers, just saw your post in the NFL thread - ~AK49~ Quality Poster - Dr Rumack 

We also dont know how Broner takes a clean shot from a fast guy with power.

Gamboa being down isn't really a concern seing as he's never actually been hurt. As I see it Broner has the size advantage and nothing else. Gamboa has more skill, more speed, very nearly the same KO% even against better fighters with better chins....he's simply a better fighter IMO.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Atreyu Khalil
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Atreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,705,822,350.92
Total Points: 2,705,953,603.66
making pactards bow down - I'm so sorry Cheers to you, my good sir! - CubanGuyNYC Reppin that Yay!! - LoadedWraps Back at cha! - EdMon917 some popcorn in. return - jose830 
to wash that popcorn down - jose830 thanks for the gifts... - jose830 Great thread, bro! &quot;GFs and Boxing&quot; - CubanGuyNYC No problem good thread - FirePunch Keep the Ownage up! - Cash Cow 
Cheers! - dan_cov 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
This is a horse that's been beaten half to death with Gamboa. It's no secret that Gamboa has had a trajectory of being offensively wreckless. None, and I mean none, of Gamboa's knockdowns have been cuz he was seriously hurt. He's literally gotten right back up before the count of 3, and in all instances it's been more of a lack of his own balance than anything the opponent did.

If u want to disagree with that....find me a fight where Gamboa has been knocked down and hasn't proceeded to either

1. Knockout or stop his opponent in the round directly following his Knockdown
2. Completely dominate and overwhelm his opponent from that point forward, significantly more than he was before the KD
I like Gamboa a lot but he doesn't blow Broner out like many on this board indicates. Like I stated earlier Broner has more fights and have fought less rounds, has a higher ko percentage and more knockouts. Broner is better defensively IMO and he's the bigger fighter. Nobody every brings up broners positive attributes when comparing this fight.

This would be an explosive chess match.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Atreyu Khalil
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Atreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond repute
making pactards bow down - I'm so sorry Cheers to you, my good sir! - CubanGuyNYC Reppin that Yay!! - LoadedWraps Back at cha! - EdMon917 some popcorn in. return - jose830 
to wash that popcorn down - jose830 thanks for the gifts... - jose830 Great thread, bro! &quot;GFs and Boxing&quot; - CubanGuyNYC No problem good thread - FirePunch Keep the Ownage up! - Cash Cow 
Cheers! - dan_cov 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timboslice708 View Post
Read my post, where it says his technical boxing has grown leaps and bounds.
Would you agree that Broner has improved in 2 years since ponce de Leon fight?
Old 07-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Atreyu Khalil
Banned

Cheers! - dan_cov 

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfios View Post
Cazador doesn't like Cubans fighters he always has something negative to say, if the fight happens we will c who is better, so far impress or not Gamboa's resume is way better than Broner's.
Gamboas resume is better yes because his weight class has more names than broners......