Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-20-2012, 12:09 PM
APPONO ASTOS
Faceless Man

Rep Power: 19 APPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,081,702.65
thanks for your thoughts on the thread - robson24 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunn View Post
Opinions tend to be biased. Thats why I'm suggesting going with official results, even if your results are different, for the purposes of p4p status.

But Bradley's age and record don't make him better than JMM. So if Manny fell because of the JMM fight, the bradley performance can't be enough to bring him back to the same level.

If we go by official results, I'd still favor manny over sergio.
isn't p4p lists all opinion based anyways..but I think pac's performance (and should have been a win) against a guy who wasn't just younger and undefeated but considered one of the best at 140 if not the best was enough to redeem himself. the pac vs marquez fight i thought was close like many other boxing journalists saw and so i don't think that fight hurt him alot, but it did take away some luster of course. that's just my opinion...
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-20-2012, 12:11 PM
APPONO ASTOS
Faceless Man

Rep Power: 19 APPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
I find the bold worrysome. That is the meaning of pfp homey. So I'm not sure why you would put it in quotation. That's what pfp by definition means. If fighter were the same size. Pfp is simply used as a promotional tool & popularity contest right now.
almost your entire list was worrysome homey..
Old 07-20-2012, 12:16 PM
The Big Dunn
Banned

Rep Power: 0 The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,243,325,719,416.54
Total Points: 4,254,326,216,949.99
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 Your UNCONDITIONAL love for Floyd - Freedom. couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter 
No Message - Sugar Booger ;) - QuebecSTAR2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggyLungs View Post
isn't p4p lists all opinion based anyways..but I think pac's performance (and should have been a win) against a guy who wasn't just younger and undefeated but considered one of the best at 140 if not the best was enough to redeem himself. the pac vs marquez fight i thought was close like many other boxing journalists saw and so i don't think that fight hurt him alot, but it did take away some luster of course. that's just my opinion...
Thats just it, in his last 2 fights he had a LW and a JWW move up to fight him. Officially, he won and lost. In "opinion land" he lost and won. Either scenario he lost to a smaller guy he was a huge favorite over.

I'm just hpoing that even if we are just giving opinions, that those opinions are reached using some similar measurement.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:29 PM
brick wall
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 brick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 120,995,279,654,967.91
Total Points: 120,995,281,752,912.38
Autism - Lorily 

it's his opinion and he's entitled to it...obviously he doesn't like pac and have always been critical of him eversince he declared his desire to fight pac but didn't get it. but even with that opinion, martinez would still be more than willing to take a pac fight anytime against a much smaller and in his mind a inferior fighter.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:31 PM
APPONO ASTOS
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunn View Post
Thats just it, in his last 2 fights he had a LW and a JWW move up to fight him. Officially, he won and lost. In "opinion land" he lost and won. Either scenario he lost to a smaller guy he was a huge favorite over.

I'm just hpoing that even if we are just giving opinions, that those opinions are reached using some similar measurement.
how i see it is that pac vs marquez was a close fight that should have been a draw (many boxing journalists believe it or not were split on the decision) and pac vs bradley should have been a win. pac didn't look great against marquez but then again marquez is just a tough fight for pac no matter what weight (that was confirmed in their third fight)...but pac's performance against a guy who wasn't older, who wasn't considered to be past their prime, and who can also make a claim to being one of the best in a division and arguably top ten p4p (ring magazine ranked bradley in the top ten) should have redeemed pac and brought back some of that luster that was lost after his third fight against marquez.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:38 PM
sammiza567
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 11 sammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 545.92
Total Points: 1,050,043,579.88
kick this idiot - Freedom. 

sergio, bump up to 168 or quit talking ****.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Radke
one step closer

Rep Power: 14 Radke has a reputation beyond reputeRadke has a reputation beyond reputeRadke has a reputation beyond reputeRadke has a reputation beyond reputeRadke has a reputation beyond reputeRadke has a reputation beyond reputeRadke has a reputation beyond reputeRadke has a reputation beyond reputeRadke has a reputation beyond reputeRadke has a reputation beyond reputeRadke has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,650,802,240,202.59
Total Points: 4,704,047,122,655.16

Can't wait for Chavez to demolish this guy. I know he could do it.
KRAFTSMAN
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 KRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,653,406,984.27
Total Points: 57,653,426,587.30

Floyd will never be number one in people's minds until he finds balls to fight Paqciao. How can you be number one when they see you as this guy who is in fear of fighting the number one superstar? It will never make any sense. He should have fought Paq a long time ago. Now that Paq has slowed down what do you you think they will say if Floyd fights him now?

Exactly.
fvanesbeck
Contender

Rep Power: 4 fvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 807,104.95
Total Points: 10,000,831,589.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
Ward
Dawson
B-hop
Floyd
Martinez
Marquez
Dawson
Vitali
Moreno
Donaire
Lara
Chavez
Trout
Mikey
And many more all beat him if they were the same size. The real meaning of pfp, not your little popularity contest.
These are the only fighters who I would have ahead of Pacquiao p4p. One thing I think that people fail to realize is that not every performance by these elite athletes is going to be as explosive as sergio v williams 2 or donaire v montiel or pacquiao v hatton. people say that maravilla hasn't looked good but he's won his last 4 fights by knockout, the more recent just haven't been quite as impressive as the williams fight. donaire has dominated everyone he's fought since montiel but they've all been really defensive and tried to survive for 12 rounds, which makes it difficult for him to get the ko. Pacquiao is definitely past his best but he's still an elite fighter and could beat anybody. If he gets the Mayweather fight he can't go taking breathers for half of each round, that's for sure. In fact, it's Pacquiao's breathers that have him moving down my p4p list. If he could fight for 3 minutes of each round, he'd probably be number 1 on my list and he would've knocked out bradley, because at his best there's not a fighter in the world that can stand and trade with pacquiao, people have just figured out that you need to frustrate him now....
Old 07-20-2012, 12:50 PM
jtiger777
Banned

Rep Power: 0 jtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 144,093,075.92
Total Points: 175,990,834.91
Thanks mate here have a beer! - Tamis_Siensya Happy Holidays J! - Lorily Big up Nigel Benn - zab191 

Manny hasnt been the same since those allegations got out to the world so whatever