Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-20-2012, 03:50 AM
sdcluser
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 sdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,078,688,153.41
Total Points: 3,110,561,681.70
you need a gift. - I'm so sorry No Message - sdcluser Good Luck Sucker..lol..PRPP - PRPOWERPUNCHES 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fix View Post
The main benefit I think is the WildCard gym and the number of fighters and styles from all over the world that Khan could potentially spar against. But if Roach didn't have a gym like Wildcard I think Khan might have probably dropped him already. I don't know for sure but I'm guessing its the gym.
My point is that someone need to teach him how to fight these folks cuz this ain't helping.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-20-2012, 03:56 AM
DoubleMM
hoodrat idiot gold tooth

Rep Power: 9 DoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleMM has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,966,227,460,555.51
Total Points: 5,099,227,741,859.29
Gay and Lesbian Pride - £Hank$Moody€ 

Roach is ****. Rigondeux trainer for him for what, 1 month, than left his sorry ass.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:09 AM
LA_2_Vegas
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 LA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,501,356,712.63

Well if we're going to say Roach being absent was an issue then we can't say that he needs a new trainer, because it implies Roach would have helped.

Because if Roach truly sux then him not being there could have been a good thing

Ignoring whether you think Khan is garbage or whether you think he simply fought a dumb fight..or wther you think Garcia is simply the better fighter.....if there might be any excuse for Khan it has to be the postponing of the fight in the first place. He said he felt good going into Garcia but sometimes it can still be a factor. I thought for sure he'd learn from seeing Ortiz go thru the same thing just weeks before.

Interrupting a camp right before you're about to peak only to resume it a month later might have left him a little zapped, especially with having to go thru the extra sparring. Just extra punches taken before a big fight that were unnecessary.

if you are a Khan fan, was seeing the behind the ropes clips from sparring alarming??
Old 07-20-2012, 04:21 AM
House of Stone
BigDaddy

Rep Power: 15 House of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 47,429,457,240.43
Total Points: 261,479,550,372.89
Prospect of the Year! - Barnburner One of Boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 atg poster! - jas knows his boxing - jas 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas 

he's got plenty of options that would be better manny steward would be perfect for him but there may be the same issue with him having wlad and all .. hell adam booth would be decent too and since haye hardly ever fights he'd get plenty of attention
Old 07-20-2012, 04:22 AM
gingeralbino
WAR MAGEE!!!

Rep Power: 26 gingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,228,286,521,661.56
Total Points: 18,228,286,607,601.42
ugly kid is gonna need it after he gets whooped - Sir TomJones top poster - S~T~J For being a consistently rock solid poster - The Surgeon one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Happy St Patrick's Day - Freedom2014 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
Well if we're going to say Roach being absent was an issue then we can't say that he needs a new trainer, because it implies Roach would have helped.

Because if Roach truly sux then him not being there could have been a good thing

Ignoring whether you think Khan is garbage or whether you think he simply fought a dumb fight..or wther you think Garcia is simply the better fighter.....if there might be any excuse for Khan it has to be the postponing of the fight in the first place. He said he felt good going into Garcia but sometimes it can still be a factor. I thought for sure he'd learn from seeing Ortiz go thru the same thing just weeks before.

Interrupting a camp right before you're about to peak only to resume it a month later might have left him a little zapped, especially with having to go thru the extra sparring. Just extra punches taken before a big fight that were unnecessary.

if you are a Khan fan, was seeing the behind the ropes clips from sparring alarming??
When i saw it i thought it was probably after a long session against a fresh sparring partner, and released on purpose to make Khan look a lot worse than he was. Turns out he was that bad going into the fight
Old 07-20-2012, 04:31 AM
Uncle Rodge
Rigotard

Rep Power: 8 Uncle Rodge has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Rodge has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Rodge has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Rodge has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Rodge has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Rodge has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Rodge has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Rodge has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Rodge has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Rodge has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Rodge has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,043,583,954,016.02
Total Points: 4,043,584,960,544.15
No Message - dancovboxer Happy Christmas amigo - chav 

If this is true, Khan needs to have a serious think and a chat with Freddy.

If they do indeed part ways, I think Khan should seriously consider seeing if he can work something out with Nazeem Richardson.

Let's face it, if anyone could teach that kid something new then it's him. There's very little that guy doesn't know about the game and he's very articulate with the way he expresses it.

Sharing the same faith might make the transition easier too.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:48 AM
STREET CLEANER
The Watcher

Rep Power: 13 STREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 28,894,631.00
Total Points: 31,038,936,769.38
so you can stop being paranoid about me, we will always be true blue homies forever even though you hate me - Tha_Greatest Salud! - STREET CLEANER i see, my thread annoyed you, lol, that means im doing good, lol, stay angry but keep writing, lol, peace pal - Tha_Greatest 

If true Khan needs a dedicated trainer at the level he fights.

But no trainer is going to improve his chin
Old 07-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Rep Power: 59 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 416,691,027,934,270.31
Total Points: 416,691,028,041,907.81
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Khan's defence has alway been bad, He was marked up by Paulie M even though he beat Paulie up in that fight, He was marked up and rocked badly in the Maidana fight, Even against Paul mccloskey he looked marked up against an european level opponent.

Now i dont want to be overly critical but he has never shown any type of progression to me in the last 2 years, You would have thought he would be more experience the older he gets but he seem to get dumber the older he gets, To me he is a counter-punchers dream but once you can punch with him or time him then its all over, Looking back now i see no reason why JMM didnt fight him or why Timothy Bradley shamelessly ducked him.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:08 AM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Rep Power: 59 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 416,691,027,934,270.31
Total Points: 416,691,028,041,907.81
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Stone View Post
he's got plenty of options that would be better manny steward would be perfect for him but there may be the same issue with him having wlad and all .. hell adam booth would be decent too and since haye hardly ever fights he'd get plenty of attention
Booth might be good for him because he doesnt train too many people, and he has a good attention to detail, Roach has too many fighters on his hands and his parkinson is also taking over him in a way, I think he would go somewhere else where the trainer is hands on and practically with him.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:24 AM
tredh
Undisputed Champion

Location: a place where white women were scared when they saw me a black man wearing OJ style leather gloves!!
Rep Power: 20 tredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 30,333,776,058.49
Total Points: 30,333,786,976.78
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil TO THE U!! - the mesiah 

To hell with this lame excuse. Fact of the matter is Khan just ain't as good as he thinks he is. Khan biggest weakness is that he doesn't think boxing. Khan can't think in the ring the man is a robot and Roach was the wrong programmer for him.