Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-15-2012, 08:51 AM
PED Salesman
Contender

Rep Power: 3 PED Salesman will become famous soon enoughPED Salesman will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,230.06

Khan almost hired Floyd Sr as a trainer instead of Roach. I think he should look into that route. Freddie's been around and knows how to give fighters the right strategy to use with their existing skills.

But Floyd can actually ADD new skills to his fighters, and that's what sets him apart. Also with his reach and fast hands, Khan is well-suited from countering from a defensive "shell" style.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-15-2012, 08:52 AM
leathernvouges
Contender

Rep Power: 3 leathernvouges has a reputation beyond reputeleathernvouges has a reputation beyond reputeleathernvouges has a reputation beyond reputeleathernvouges has a reputation beyond reputeleathernvouges has a reputation beyond reputeleathernvouges has a reputation beyond reputeleathernvouges has a reputation beyond reputeleathernvouges has a reputation beyond reputeleathernvouges has a reputation beyond reputeleathernvouges has a reputation beyond reputeleathernvouges has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 23,413.85

Yall talking about his chin the blow that ended it was to the neck khan came out looking very sharp his problem last night was he wasn't fighting his fight he was trying to prove to everybody he can stand there and go toe to toe and get the early ko all Garcia was hitting him with was power punches he did display good boxing skills but during the exchanges is when u get caught and a blow to the neck immediately immobilized him, I can't imagine how that feel but I think that blow would knock anybody down
Old 07-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Puya
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 Puya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,074,261,698.63
Total Points: 15,074,357,928.55

And some picked Khan to beat Cotto Or worst Floyd
Old 07-15-2012, 09:02 AM
GG Magic
Contender

Rep Power: 3 GG Magic has a spectacular aura aboutGG Magic has a spectacular aura aboutGG Magic has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 27,394.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
The fact that he's opening himself up to take those shots??

Dont get me wrong, no one's saying he has a solid chin but still, with his skillset he should be doing so much more to AVOID getting hit like that on his chin yet every fight he's getting caught clean on his chin.

I know we said the same after Prescott but that left hook last night would have knocked any 140 pounder down and most of them OUT.

The real problem is why the **** does he always leave himself open to those shots?? You cant blame Roach if Khans ring IQ is probably the worst i have ever seen. He's makes soooo many daft mistakes in there it's unbelievable. You can change trainers after every fight but untill Khan himself humbles himself down and decides to use his skills and fight rather than get into a war he'll always run the risk of getting KO'd.

Dont get me wrong, its ****ing great entertainment but thats where Khan has to make his choice. Does he care more about pleasing the crowd or getting the job done?
I agree with this. His amatuerish style and constant leaning in leaves him wide open to the counter. I really like watching Khan and I wish he would fix this..
Old 07-15-2012, 09:09 AM
#1Assassin
Euro fighters are best

Rep Power: 23 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,453,087,630.32
Total Points: 13,537,341,075.12
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey 

his chin is a flaw but far from his worst problem. his worst problems are his lack of inside fighting ability, his lack of defence and above anything else hi slack of fighting intelligence. those are his main problems.

the guys who knocked him out were punchers, the same shot that dropped khan dropped morales. diffrence was morales knew what to when he was hurt, he didnt panic and he knew how to defend himself including on the inside. khan meanwhile did one of three things, he either wobbled around the ring like a drunk, stood still and absorbed punishment on the inside or fired back leaving himself wide open.

everyone gets hurt, its how you respond. khan has the heart but he doesnt have the skill or intelligence to survive in those situations. even when he survived in the past like against maidana he did a terrible job when he was hurt.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:19 AM
AssasinKing
UNITED

Rep Power: 20 AssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 358,929,243,214.40
Total Points: 368,929,270,655.79
Starting your collection, mate - mangler jr Scholes! - Dem Eyes 

His chin isnt the main problem

His problem is he cant stick to a game play...or stick to what hes best at

He should have been boxing as he did in round 1 and 2....but he decides to start brawling with a brawler....he was caught plenty of times in the 3rd round before the KD...I had garcia winning the round...then he got inside n tried to trade...n paid for it

His chin is decent, he took big punches even after the KD on wobbley legs n still stayed up

His problem is hes too stubborn and wont stick to his best thing - boxing
Old 07-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Uturn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 Uturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,523,823.30
Total Points: 101,392,012,431.29
Stevie G Sig - Merseyside one for the avi - led Funny Story - jjbj2 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - John-Locke-9-22 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - KINGPIN4LIFE Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 

I'd say his defense is at massive fault here. Those left hooks Garcia landed were big shots. His chin isn't great that's a given but those shots would rock most guys. He lacks the ring intelligence though. He's paying the price for reckless antics. Everyone gets hurt in fights, but you need to how to deal with it, and Khan doesn't. Once hurt you getting feeling Khan is on his way to a loss.

I'm not sure Khan will learn even now. It's in his genes to fight with fire when hurt. His instinct is to fight and its his downful

Last edited by Uturn; 07-15-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:26 AM
savorduhflavor
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 28 savorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 537,286,481,972.65
Total Points: 637,307,757,787.49
Good post in my thread man.  Have a gift. - ABOSWORTH :fing02:  i couldnt remember how it happened but i remember him bleeding from the ear! thanks - mellow_mood I wish more Cotto fans were like you. - street bully Good poster - Old Coward great poster - Dick Buffman 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - VictoriaBeckham 

No his chin is the problem. The guys just not that durable.

It's a shame too, cause he's ALL man. Kid has a ton of heart. But he was completely outclassing Garcia and he got caught in an exchange....it happens but Khan's just too brittle.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:29 AM
nachorjj
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 nachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these parts
Bank: 26,046,647.44
Total Points: 10,128,383,123.98

his chin is decent, but his defence is horrible and his attack is bad. he have a creasy speed and dont have skills
Old 07-15-2012, 09:31 AM
kiaba360
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 26 kiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 100,171,257,573,781.95
Total Points: 100,171,257,574,269.09
can't green you again, so here's a beer. - chiguy91 Couldn't return any green so I thought a gift would suffice - mathed For making a habit out of making sense. Thumbs up! - CubanGuyNYC For finishing 3rd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation merry christmas - the collector 
2nd place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov Thanks for the good karma dude =] - Tyler_Durden Enjoy a beer with your winnings! :) - Tyler_Durden Great goddamn pick here's some cake to go along with your winnings. - DannYankee09 

Quote:
Originally Posted by savorduhflavor View Post
No his chin is the problem. The guys just not that durable.

It's a shame too, cause he's ALL man. Kid has a ton of heart. But he was completely outclassing Garcia and he got caught in an exchange....it happens but Khan's just too brittle.
The majority of the fight dealt with them exchanging shots, as Garcia was playing the role of counter-puncher and waiting on Khan. I thought this would be his undoing, but Garcia was also leading at times, throwing head-body combos. He was landing cleanly on Khan too, just not as often as Khan was on him. Khan wasn't out-classing him, he fought the way we're used to seeing him fight, made absolutely no adjustments to Garcia's style and got clipped by a counter. He needed that jab so badly tonight.

Khan's chin isn't the problem. Khan doesn't have a solid defense, he's THERE to be hit, but he thinks his speed will win him every exchange. He makes questionable decisions, and he doesn't have the defense nor the chin to cushion his stupidity.

Last edited by kiaba360; 07-15-2012 at 09:42 AM.