Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Uturn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 Uturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond reputeUturn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 28,170,164.34
Total Points: 101,395,690,188.34
Stevie G Sig - Merseyside one for the avi - led Funny Story - jjbj2 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - John-Locke-9-22 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - KINGPIN4LIFE Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 
Default Under Roach, Khan will never change, EVER.

First of all, I love Freddie to death as a boxing fan. He's a great guy and he is a true boxing legend as a trainer. I know you Roach fans will not agree, but let's be honest, Roach is not going to mold Khan into a different fighter or fix his flaws at this point. Roach knows his stuff but he's is not the right trainer to take Khan forward and make him a better fighter.

I'm no guru, but when I see fighters suffer the same sort of losses that haunted them in the past, you just know not much has changed. Khan has been taking unnecessarily shots and has thrown his attributes to the curb in his last couple of fights. He is still making the same mistakes. He has the attributes there, but his ring IQ is costing him for one, and his defensive flaws. He needs fight with a bit more productivity and carefulness. He is absolutely reckless at this level and the shots he is being caught with, he shouldn't be. He is exchanging far to much with big punchers. Safety first when your chin isn't great is a must. He was caught by a one shot and that was it. You knew it, I knew it - it was all over.

The same thing will happen all over and over for him. Those shots Garcia was landing last night was absolutely frightening guys. Not only in this fight, but in his last outings he was shipping similar punishment. Against Maidana he was practically out of it, stumbling back to his corner and barely making it through. He was close to being stopped there and some referees would have seen enough. Khan is making things difficult for himself.

Let's be honest, the warning signs have been there for a while and yet haven't been fixed. It was a matter of time I guess. I didn't really see it coming this particular time, but I sure as hell seen what was going to happen when those left hooks of Garcia were swinging. Head down, swinging vicious left hooks, and Khan walked right on to them.

Khan needs a change and fast. But I think he might be to naive to make change now. He is victim of his hype too. Maybe its all happened to fast for him (I don't know). Any more losses in such manner will surely have him on the brink. That was loss was a heavy one. Not the sort of losses you need early in your career.

And just one more thing...I feel for Khan. He is very talented but his chin is just not there for him. He has tremendous heart and courage for a fighter. He is a true warrior when it comes to gritting it out, but his legs just won't allow him to continue. His heart is there, he wants to fight, but his legs are sending him different signals. Khan has a massive heart - It cannot be questioned. but I think the way he fights considering his chin isn't great is criminal at this level. He is blessed with the talents to be great, but his chin will forever live with him. It's sad he cannot change that but he can learn to protect and be less vulnerable.

In a nutshell. If Khan doesn't change something. You get the feeling he is not far away from another brutal loss.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Weebler I
El Weeblerito I

Rep Power: 71 Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 99,040,094,710.64
Total Points: 50,230,378,151,615.96
Ricky &amp;quot;The Hitman&amp;quot; Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley super poster - jas 
Legend - jas Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

Khan has a glass chin, there isn't much any coach can do about that, he's guaranteed to get hit on it at least once during a fight.

It happened against Prescott, it happened against Maidana and now Garcia.

Best bet is just to keep him away from punchers, still big fights out there against guys who don't have heavy hands, Tim Bradley for one.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:28 AM
Isaac Hunt
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 4 Isaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond reputeIsaac Hunt has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,040,840.80

Uturn, Great post and every word is true. I don't see him leaving Roach although he ought to. If he can be joint trained with hopkins that could work. Khan is thick but even if a little of Hopkins ring IQ rubbed off it would count for a lot. His defence needs loads of work,he needs to cover up when attacking . If he did that yesterday he would not have been hit with the big hook and he needs to learn how to fight on the inside. But all this is easier said than done and these skills have to be instinctive which may be impossible to implement at this late stake.Although young he has been fighting the same way for years and his present style,s MO is woven into his DNA. Learning new tricks is a big ask and I just don't see him doing it.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:30 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 130 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,535,711,088,385.04
Total Points: 5,812,711,445,985.77
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Childhood Cancer - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weebler II View Post
Khan has a glass chin, there isn't much any coach can do about that, he's guaranteed to get hit on it at least once during a fight.

It happened against Prescott, it happened against Maidana and now Garcia.

Best bet is just to keep him away from punchers, still big fights out there against guys who don't have heavy hands, Tim Bradley for one.
He is not smart enough to beat Tim Bradley, and us Bradley fans have been telling everyone this for more than a year now.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Weebler I
El Weeblerito I

Rep Power: 71 Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 99,040,094,710.64
Total Points: 50,230,378,151,615.96
Ricky &amp;quot;The Hitman&amp;quot; Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley super poster - jas 
Legend - jas Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post
He is not smart enough to beat Tim Bradley, and us Bradley fans have been telling everyone this for more than a year now.
Doesn't mean he can't have a go at fighting him - 'grow some balls bro'
Old 07-15-2012, 09:59 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 130 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,535,711,088,385.04
Total Points: 5,812,711,445,985.77
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Childhood Cancer - jas 

Quote:
Not right now he shouldn't. Khan doesn't deserve that fight at all.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:05 AM
PED Salesman
Contender

Rep Power: 3 PED Salesman will become famous soon enoughPED Salesman will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 10,543.06

Quote:
I think Khan needs someone like Floyd Sr or Eddie Mustafa Muhammad. Right before he hooked up with Roach, he visited Floyd Sr and considered training with him. I think that would have been a better match. Roach didn't do anything to change Amir's amateur style, and just based his strategies fighting the same way he always has (made him run to stay off the ropes so he wouldn't have to learn inside fighting, encouraged hoping in and out of range against big punchers).

Floyd Sr can teach Amir defense and inside fighting.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:25 AM
AssasinKing
UNITED

Rep Power: 20 AssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 428,953,671,226.75
Total Points: 438,953,703,519.14
Starting your collection, mate - mangler jr Scholes! - Dem Eyes 

Great post...very true

Hes too stubborn, wanting to brawl with brawlers....hes a boxer...and his chin is decent but he leaves himself open to be hit with something like Garcias inside left hook...

Khan needs to either Box like the boxer he is...or just quit cos hes gonna keep being punished
Old 07-15-2012, 10:45 AM
PAC-BOY
#1 Floyd Hater

Rep Power: 319 PAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,723,599,250,134,510,080.00
Total Points: 1,723,599,250,184,584,448.00
No Message - MR ITALIAN No Message - sickwitit No Message - BOSSHOGG No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - miamijohn 
No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - miamijohn No Message - sickwitit No Message - MR ITALIAN No Message - PAC-BOY 
No Message - miamijohn No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - PAC-BOY joining the club - MANIAC310 
Happy Birthday love :kiss: - Bossy 40,000!!!!!!!! - I'm so sorry Happy holidays bro! - led* Awesome sig - BulgariasFinest No Message - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - sickwitit Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MR ITALIAN Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - PAC-BOY Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rubber Duck 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MR ITALIAN Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - miamijohn Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - miamijohn Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rubber Duck Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rubber Duck 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MR ITALIAN Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sugar Freddi Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad 

Khan cant take a punch...Dont give a fnck who trains you...thats a issue that cant be trained differently. Even a great defense wont help. Only ONE shot can ruin the day for a weak chinned fighter. Roach is the best thing for Khan. Period!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:51 AM
PED Salesman
Contender

Rep Power: 3 PED Salesman will become famous soon enoughPED Salesman will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 10,543.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAC-BOY View Post
Khan cant take a punch...Dont give a fnck who trains you...thats a issue that cant be trained differently. Even a great defense wont help. Only ONE shot can ruin the day for a weak chinned fighter. Roach is the best thing for Khan. Period!
A great defense would help a lot actually.

No reason a guy with a glass chin should be an offensive fighter. Just not smart.