Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2012, 02:07 PM
MR. SMILEY
Pac is God!

Rep Power: 15 MR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 99,778,240.48
Total Points: 1,100,942,042.99
No Message - Santa Claus 
Talking The Dream Team is overrated! No way that they can beat the USA Olympic team today!

It's No Dream: Olympic Team Loses
June 25, 1992|JAN HUBBARD | NEWSDAY

SAN DIEGO The 1992 Olympic basketball team is perhaps the best ever, but it was only the second best team on the court Wednesday.

The developmental squad made up of top college players defeated the Olympic team in a 20-minute scrimmage. No one was disclosing the final score, but the collegians won by eight points.

"We got killed today," Michael Jordan said. "They beat us and they played well. We're so out of sync and so unsure about things that we feel comfortable with in normal situations. We don't have any continuity at all."

The college team is made up of Chris Webber of Michigan, Grant Hill and Bobby Hurley of Duke, Anfernee Hardaway of Memphis State, Allan Houston of Tennessee, Jamal Mashburn of Kentucky, Eric Montross of North Carolina and Rodney Rogers of Wake Forest.

In a scrimmage Tuesday, Webber and Rogers dunked over Charles Barkley.

"They were a little stronger than I thought they were," Barkley said.

The college players say they look at playing against the NBA players as an opportunity to improve themselves, but also to give the Olympians strong competition.

"Our purpose is to help them get ready to win the gold medal and to improve our own game," Webber said. "But we're not going to back down. I'm not even nervous out here playing with these guys. I'm out here talking trash just like I always do. They're doing the same thing. They talk a lot more trash."

The college guys had the last word Wednesday, but they know the pros are better. Still, the pros are impressed.

"If they were in the Olympics," Jordan said, "they'd win the silver medal."
Old 07-14-2012, 02:15 PM
[ DUBBZZ ]
H.A.A.I.C.

Rep Power: 142 [ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,595,371,661,735.54
Total Points: 4,810,972,019,632.91
Have a sammich on me. :) - Bossy Sammich - Bossy Gotta keep you fed - Bossy Saturday Sammich! - Bossy Sammich for the lawls! - Bossy 
Father's day sammich! :) - Bossy I've been slacking, you need a sammich - Bossy No Message - Bossy Hungry? - Bossy Happy Birthday - jose830 
Happy B-day.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy birthday, my honky! - Timothy Horton Happy Bday, buddy. - Terrel Happy Birthday ! - BulgariasFinest A gift for my bro's bday! - led* 
Boom! - Tuggers1986 for your help - jazluvr Psycho Dad lmao - -jose- Psycho Dad-lmao-classic - -jose- Your Insight About LeBron's Genius Master Plan is Genius. I Give you this Dollar because that post is straight Money, I hope you are right. - BrushMyHair 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. SMILEY View Post
It's No Dream: Olympic Team Loses
June 25, 1992|JAN HUBBARD | NEWSDAY

SAN DIEGO The 1992 Olympic basketball team is perhaps the best ever, but it was only the second best team on the court Wednesday.

The developmental squad made up of top college players defeated the Olympic team in a 20-minute scrimmage. No one was disclosing the final score, but the collegians won by eight points.

"We got killed today," Michael Jordan said. "They beat us and they played well. We're so out of sync and so unsure about things that we feel comfortable with in normal situations. We don't have any continuity at all."

The college team is made up of Chris Webber of Michigan, Grant Hill and Bobby Hurley of Duke, Anfernee Hardaway of Memphis State, Allan Houston of Tennessee, Jamal Mashburn of Kentucky, Eric Montross of North Carolina and Rodney Rogers of Wake Forest.

In a scrimmage Tuesday, Webber and Rogers dunked over Charles Barkley.

"They were a little stronger than I thought they were," Barkley said.

The college players say they look at playing against the NBA players as an opportunity to improve themselves, but also to give the Olympians strong competition.

"Our purpose is to help them get ready to win the gold medal and to improve our own game," Webber said. "But we're not going to back down. I'm not even nervous out here playing with these guys. I'm out here talking trash just like I always do. They're doing the same thing. They talk a lot more trash."

The college guys had the last word Wednesday, but they know the pros are better. Still, the pros are impressed.

"If they were in the Olympics," Jordan said, "they'd win the silver medal."
Where was Shaq?
Old 07-14-2012, 02:15 PM
ИATAS
Legend

Rep Power: 154 ИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,210,810,647,894,269.50
Total Points: 3,113,765,267,086,361.00
Have a virtual beer on me. - FRKO Good Poster! - J. HITTER Thanks for the help dude. - S a m u r a i For the brilliant post in lady's atheist 2 thread. - ABOSWORTH Bhop gif. I will send you gift number 2 when you actually finish it. :) - Precision 
Cocktail hour - mangler hey, you richly deserved the shiet right here, right now - cleaner147 to complete ur mothafukkin collection - cleaner147 War Hopkins!!!...Anyways Here Is A Gift My Man - BritishBoxing92 War Natas!!! - Old Coward 
Tye Tye Tye - DorianWozniacki one of my favourite posters - Blah! BURRRRRRRRR! - led's baby mama happy bday homey - MANGLER Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
great game thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 Great thread - Boxing Goat -Rapernick- :lol1: - -jose- It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for making classic threads - jas Great poster - jas 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Childhood Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - street bully Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Autism - Lorily Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jas Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - jas 

left out some crucial information there. First off, they weren't playing as a team yet. The coach purposely had Jordan sit out most of the game and he wanted them to lose to prove a point, which was they needed to play as a team. The next day they played again and the college team barely scored a basket.
Daly intentionally limited Jordan's playing time and made non-optimal substitutions; Krzyzewski later said that the head coach "threw the game" to teach the NBA players that they could be beaten. The teams played again the following day, with the Olympians winning decisively in the rematch.
Anyways, the dream team had size and knew how to play defense. Put Scottie Pippen on LeBron and LeBron wont do jack. Jordan on Kobe, done.

Last edited by ИATAS; 07-14-2012 at 02:20 PM..
Old 07-14-2012, 02:21 PM
DeadLikeMe

Rep Power: 58 DeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 220,549,911,404,899.00
Total Points: 220,734,918,897,326.62
Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab owning pactards - I'm so sorry No Message - MARKBNLV No Message - MARKBNLV 
No Message - MARKBNLV Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - WESS Thanks for the green - damit305 :rofl: :rofl: Your post on triggs thread - jose830 
No Message - WESS have a cold one on me - sugarsmosley 

Well now at least we know you know nothing about two sports.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Rocky Rode
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Rocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 38,247.87

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ***1048;ATAS View Post
Anyways, the dream team had size and knew how to play defense. Put Scottie Pippen on LeBron and LeBron wont do jack. Jordan on Kobe, done.
I agree with this. Also, throw in the fact that Dream Team would be able to clog up the lane with the Robinson/Ewing combo. So even if Lebron can get past Pippen, attacking the basket wouldn't be ideal and he isn't a great jump shooter.

Just a bad match up all around for current Team USA.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:31 PM
[ DUBBZZ ]
H.A.A.I.C.

Rep Power: 142 [ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute
Have a sammich on me. :) - Bossy Sammich - Bossy Gotta keep you fed - Bossy Saturday Sammich! - Bossy Sammich for the lawls! - Bossy 
Father's day sammich! :) - Bossy I've been slacking, you need a sammich - Bossy No Message - Bossy Hungry? - Bossy Happy Birthday - jose830 
Happy B-day.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy birthday, my honky! - Timothy Horton Happy Bday, buddy. - Terrel Happy Birthday ! - BulgariasFinest A gift for my bro's bday! - led* 
Boom! - Tuggers1986 for your help - jazluvr Psycho Dad lmao - -jose- Psycho Dad-lmao-classic - -jose- Your Insight About LeBron's Genius Master Plan is Genius. I Give you this Dollar because that post is straight Money, I hope you are right. - BrushMyHair 

Healthy Dwight and Wade instead of Harden and Chandler, I see 2012 maybe winning a close one.

Best of 7? Dream Team takes it in 7.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:35 PM
MR. SMILEY
Pac is God!

Rep Power: 15 MR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond reputeMR. SMILEY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 99,778,240.48
Total Points: 1,100,942,042.99
No Message - Santa Claus 

The interesting thing to me is, that it doesn't matter. I don't care if the worst combination of (11 hall of famers) players were on the court. They should never lose to the college players. I don't care if Michael Jordan sit out most of the game. With the rest of this squad you shouldn't need the best player in the world. Because you have the 2nd-11th best players in the world still on the team. I don't care if the game was ref'ed unfairly. They should not have lost.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:36 PM
BoxingGenius27
Banned

Rep Power: 0 BoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 304,120.51
Total Points: 9,371,058,720,365.58
nice ownage of Jro's pseudo expert/historian azz - Pancakes No Message - Tha_Greatest Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays BoxingGenius27 - !! AI-Holmes!! 
for some wshh - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post

Healthy Dwight and Wade instead of Harden and Chandler, I see 2012 maybe winning a close one.

Best of 7? Dream Team takes it in 7.
Wade couldn't even get the ball up the court against the Thunder when the going got tough.

He'd either dribble the ball off his foot or get ripped by whoever was gaurding him. Throw the defense of Pippen, Jordan and Drexler in the mix and Wade is a non factor.

Wade as a guard is so overrated. I remember the kid shooting and hitting the side of the backboard or a straight air ball. This is the guy that's suppose to "be in the mix" against the Dream Team?

He's a good slasher when he gets in rhythm. But the guards on the Dream Team won't allow him to get in any kind of rhythm.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:41 PM
-MAKAVELLI-
deicide

Rep Power: 305 -MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 329,221,096,072,997,696.00
Total Points: 329,821,209,157,010,752.00
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang merry xmas - Ether Happy Holidays Makie!  :kiss: - Lorily Christmas Beer! Cheers you crazy bastard. - ThePhantom5 42k post medal! - Flabulous 
For good luck - jazluvr I heard you're big, but don't worry Tua is bigger - Uns Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy New Year, bro. - Libido Sanchez Happy Holidays MAKAVELLI - !! AI-Holmes!! 
have a Happy and safe New Years bro! - jose830 Happy New Year - Freedom. Tagay para sa new year! - led* Happy Holidays, bud! - jazluvr Funniest poster on site, here's a burger - jas 
Old School Thread - -jose- From your pal, BeerBro - Beercules damn son! you one handsome fellow! and with all do respect...Wow!!! that girl you with is Bad!!! definitely wifey material. - -jose- Sorry for the my in the moment RED K, here is a medal. - BrushMyHair that shit was funny bro :lol1: I literally cracked up - -jose- 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - S a m u r a i Head and Neck Cancer - S a m u r a i Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jim Jeffries 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Pretty Boy32 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - dans01234 Head and Neck Cancer - PensionKiller 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Akinapepemo Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Childhood Cancer - LeeVanCleef 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 

there were players that did NOT make the dream team that could run the current squad...dudes like Isaiah, Snaq, Reggie Miller....
Old 07-14-2012, 02:45 PM
[ DUBBZZ ]
H.A.A.I.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
Wade couldn't even get the ball up the court against the Thunder when the going got tough.

He'd either dribble the ball off his foot or get ripped by whoever was gaurding him. Throw the defense of Pippen, Jordan and Drexler in the mix and Wade is a non factor.

Wade as a guard is so overrated. I remember the kid shooting and hitting the side of the backboard or a straight air ball. This is the guy that's suppose to "be in the mix" against the Dream Team?

He's a good slasher when he gets in rhythm. But the guards on the Dream Team won't allow him to get in any kind of rhythm.
Did you read the part when I said healthy?

I agree he is overrated, but are you expecting a healthy Wade to be shut down?