Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-13-2012, 10:23 PM
JakeNDaBox
The Jake of All Trades

Rep Power: 200000 JakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,195,307,912.14
Total Points: 13,401,686,135.94
Send a message via AIM to JakeNDaBox Send a message via Yahoo to JakeNDaBox
Post Comments Thread For: Glen Johnson vs Andrzej Fonfara Early Results From Chicago

By Jake Donovan

A light heavyweight crossroads bout is in store for the ESPN2 Friday Night Fights main event, which airs live from the UIC Pavilion in Chicago. Former light heavyweight champ Glen Johnson lives up to his 'Road Warrior' moniker, as he travels to the adopted hometown of Andrzej Fonfara for their 10-round bout.

Currently airing now is the televised co-feature, as former lightweight king Jose Luis Castillo takes on local prospect Ivan Popoca in a 10-round welterweight clash. [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Ravens Fan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 Ravens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 101,068,822.07

Popoca was completely out working Castillo in some of those rounds and yet Atlas somehow scored it a shut out? Teddy really should go away and find another sport to annoy. As far as the stoppage is concerned, the ref said the cuts were from a headbutt. So someone please explain to me why he didn't let it go to the scorecards? Makes no sense to me.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:14 PM
UTEP
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 58 UTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 243,675,107,796,814.81
Total Points: 243,675,107,851,419.19
I truly appreciate that bro! but I don't like eating alone so here's one back enjoy! - jose830 Happy New Year carnal, que estes bien.. - !! AI-Holmes!! good ass poster - I'm so sorry Thanks for the YouTube posting tip, had to idea haha. - CounterPunching I meant 'no idea', not 'to idea' on the last gift.. - CounterPunching 
That's one of the hottest bitches I've ever seen! word! - jose830 el norte beautiful film no doubt - Tha_Greatest No Message - Sake1 :rofl: :rofl: that was funny...salud! - jose830 No Message - chiguy91 
GIF Thread: Distinguished Service Medal - Barnburner i watched the Bradley/Marquez video on my lunch, thanks for sharing - jose830 :lol1:@homie g funk... I'm in PR right now so I'll send you a tropical fish - jose830 No Message - Sake1 I'm digging this neon sign gifs - -jose- 
it's all good homie - -jose- thanks for the popcorn...hereI left you some - -jose- Thank you.  Toma una fria!  Cheers bro. - damit305 BANG BANG - sugarsmosley to a true atg poster - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
Popoca was completely out working Castillo in some of those rounds and yet Atlas somehow scored it a shut out? Teddy really should go away and find another sport to annoy. As far as the stoppage is concerned, the ref said the cuts were from a headbutt. So someone please explain to me why he didn't let it go to the scorecards? Makes no sense to me.
I agree popoca definetely won rounds 3,4,and 5 Teddy's a dumbass. The ref declared that the cut on the right side of popoca's face was caused by a punch, but the the stupid part about it was that the ref stopped the fight cuz he felt like popoca was taking a beating and he couldn't continue. I have never in my lifetime seen a ref call a stoppage during rounds, it's usually the corner or the doctor.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:17 AM
spoonwars
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 spoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond reputespoonwars has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,853,149,055.34
Total Points: 5,853,152,034.20

Hmmm....

I didn't know Castillo was a "two-time light HEAVYweight king"
Old 07-14-2012, 12:43 AM
TaurusJ27
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 TaurusJ27 is a jewel in the roughTaurusJ27 is a jewel in the roughTaurusJ27 is a jewel in the roughTaurusJ27 is a jewel in the rough
Total Points: 22,322.55

I liked Teddy Atlas and Joe Tessitore's comments about that fight doctor who allowed Popoca to continue when he was a bloody mess in the Castillo fight. I think If Glen Johnson did a better effort in that fight to get a win it would've been another Pacquiao-Bradley catastrophe after hearing the scores for Fonfara.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:19 AM
JakeNDaBox
The Jake of All Trades

Rep Power: 200000 JakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,195,307,912.14
Total Points: 13,401,686,135.94
Send a message via AIM to JakeNDaBox Send a message via Yahoo to JakeNDaBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonwars View Post
Hmmm....

I didn't know Castillo was a "two-time light HEAVYweight king"
I was referencing his weight on fight night for each of his defenses. =)

Thanks for pointing it out. Has been properly edited.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:28 AM
jreckoning
WBU emeritus champion

Rep Power: 81 jreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 213,967,092,909,326.88
Total Points: 213,967,092,918,206.72
Beer I owe you for nearly making a f--k up of that bet - alza1988 For your genourosity and big heart! - jazluvr449 straight up! - -veteran420- a truly excellent poster. - the point giver Great poster - ADDICT 
i tried getting you a gift before when you hooked me up with points but was out of stock,for you mate - project xxx1 Thanks for the points, buddy! - smallbutstrong good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang For being one helluva poster - Chief2ndzOnly! chi town info - al capone 
You're one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Tomasz Adamek: brave ring warrior - Freedom. Feliz Navidad - El Mustang just because :kiss: - Bossy For a good treasured friend - jazluvr 
quik payup gratzie! - `STEELHEAD 49ers/Saints. thanks for your payment, have a beer on me...cheers! - jose830 Cheers!  Here's to hopefully a great night of boxing! - UglyPug u deserve it - WeEatinBaby ATG poster - sugarsmosley 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Tunney! 
Head and Neck Cancer - -Kevin- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Disposable Arts Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jazluvr Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr 

Popoca fought well. He is what he is, a crude come forward brawler.

I was there but was wondering if they were saying anything about Castillo breaking his hand as he didn't throw a left for literally four rounds.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:17 AM
CLubberLang
Contender

Rep Power: 10 CLubberLang has a reputation beyond reputeCLubberLang has a reputation beyond reputeCLubberLang has a reputation beyond reputeCLubberLang has a reputation beyond reputeCLubberLang has a reputation beyond reputeCLubberLang has a reputation beyond reputeCLubberLang has a reputation beyond reputeCLubberLang has a reputation beyond reputeCLubberLang has a reputation beyond reputeCLubberLang has a reputation beyond reputeCLubberLang has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 20,922.02
Send a message via Yahoo to CLubberLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreckoning View Post
Popoca fought well. He is what he is, a crude come forward brawler.

I was there but was wondering if they were saying anything about Castillo breaking his hand as he didn't throw a left for literally four rounds.
Yeah they said it and even showed the punch when he broke his left.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:29 PM
FightFanSTL
Up and Comer

Total Points: 28,903,973.24

If anyone was there could you pls post the undercard result of Chatman v Herrera? I searched all over and cannot find anything. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:50 PM
jreckoning
WBU emeritus champion

Rep Power: 81 jreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 213,967,092,909,326.88
Total Points: 213,967,092,918,206.72
Beer I owe you for nearly making a f--k up of that bet - alza1988 For your genourosity and big heart! - jazluvr449 straight up! - -veteran420- a truly excellent poster. - the point giver Great poster - ADDICT 
i tried getting you a gift before when you hooked me up with points but was out of stock,for you mate - project xxx1 Thanks for the points, buddy! - smallbutstrong good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang For being one helluva poster - Chief2ndzOnly! chi town info - al capone 
You're one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Tomasz Adamek: brave ring warrior - Freedom. Feliz Navidad - El Mustang just because :kiss: - Bossy For a good treasured friend - jazluvr 
quik payup gratzie! - `STEELHEAD 49ers/Saints. thanks for your payment, have a beer on me...cheers! - jose830 Cheers!  Here's to hopefully a great night of boxing! - UglyPug u deserve it - WeEatinBaby ATG poster - sugarsmosley 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Tunney! 
Head and Neck Cancer - -Kevin- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Disposable Arts Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jazluvr Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightFanSTL View Post
If anyone was there could you pls post the undercard result of Chatman v Herrera? I searched all over and cannot find anything. Thanks in advance.

Herrera won a 6 round decision.

It was off tv and after the main event.

Probably 200 people in the crowd total when that fight happened.

I think more people were in line for Teddy Atlas' autograph than were watching the fight.

It was decent though. Herrera kept coming, Chatman caught him sometimes coming in, but Herrera controlled the fight.