Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-13-2012, 12:23 PM
JakeNDaBox
The Jake of All Trades

Rep Power: 200000 JakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 38,444,020,845.58
Total Points: 38,650,628,267.70
Send a message via AIM to JakeNDaBox Send a message via Yahoo to JakeNDaBox
Post Comments Thread For: Andrzej Fonfara Ready For Glen Johnson At The Crossroads

By Jake Donovan - Light heavyweight prospect Andrzej Fonfara has spent the past four years proving that his last loss was a fluke. A 12-fight unbeaten streak – including a current run of nine straight knockouts – goes a long way towards restoring confidence.

Now all he has to do is prove that he’s for real.

Fonfara currently stands at the crossroads of his career, with a much clearer sense of direction to be provided after Friday’s showdown against former light heavyweight champion Glen Johnson. [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Tmann400
The Rangy Counter-Puncher

Rep Power: 12 Tmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 679,198,679.55
Total Points: 2,707,119,286.86
You need a damn gift already - mangler Good post about Wilder. - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA 

After watching a couple of this guys fights, I have to say I don't think he has much of a chance, unless Johnson is completely done. The kid throws in high volume, he's fun to watch. But, he seems very vulnerable defensively to me. On top of that, he's been used to overwhelming guys with his activity rate, outworking them and stopping them, but Johnson's solid defense and his ability to roll with punches will play a big factor in this fight.

I expect Johnson to give up the first 2 or 3 rounds, letting Fonfara hit his gloves. Then, I expect Johnson to start to shoot his counter left hook, and shooting the overhand right. See the thing is, Johnson's biggest issues happen with guys who can box and move well. Fonfara is a guy who walks you down and tries to overwhelm you with his activity. Johnson is going to eat that up, he's not going to have to waste energy looking for him.

Unless Johnson is completely done, I really can't see him losing this fight. That's not to say Fonfara is a bad fighter, it's just his style will be more or less perfect for Johnson. Unless Johnson has gotten very old very quickly, expect him to give up the first couple of rounds, only to start breaking Fonfara down, and ultimately taking him out around the 7th round.