Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Which ppv sells more on September 15th?
Chavez vs Martinez 21 46.67%
Chris Brown vs Drake? 24 53.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 07-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Atreyu Khalil
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Atreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,705,822,350.92
Total Points: 2,705,942,991.66
making pactards bow down - I'm so sorry Cheers to you, my good sir! - CubanGuyNYC Reppin that Yay!! - LoadedWraps Back at cha! - EdMon917 some popcorn in. return - jose830 
to wash that popcorn down - jose830 thanks for the gifts... - jose830 Great thread, bro! "GFs and Boxing" - CubanGuyNYC No problem good thread - FirePunch Keep the Ownage up! - Cash Cow 
Cheers! - dan_cov 
Question Chris Brown vs Drake PPV almost done for 9/15! Would it outsell Chavez vs Martinez??

Both fights might be on the same day on PPV in Vegas if Brown vs Drake get finalized according to Celebrity Boxing promoter Damon Feldman ......which ppv would sell more? Check out his interview below ....Poll added

PC: For our readers who aren't familiar with the celebrity boxing circuit, just give me a little bit of info on yourself and what you do.

DF: I'm Damon Feldman. I'm the owner of Celebrity Boxing Federation. I'm the guy that does all of the celebrity fights. We have done 55 celebrity fights; everybody from Rodney King, Jose Canseco, to Tanya Harding. We are out of Philadelphia. We travel all around. We have done fights in Los Angeles, Florida, and so forth.

PC: Obviously you are from the fighting city of Philadelphia. Is that where this idea came from? What made this a reality for you?

DF: Actually, it started on the "Chio in the Morning" show on Wired 96.5 radio in Philly. We're doing a fight with the Octomom, and then the whole ordeal went down with [Chris] Brown and Drake. He's always pushing me into doing bigger fights, so he pushed me into doing this. I got in touch with an investor out of Los Angeles, Alki David. He is a multi-billionaire and we did it. We put it together. We had a press conference showing the checks. Where we are now, it stands at $5million a piece. I don't know if you heard, but we are also going to put on the card...we are working on putting The Game vs. 40 Glocc. They just got into it over the weekend. That would be a great co-feature match. I'm trying to build up these hip hop fights because there is always a rivalry there. Now we can make it entertainment. We can have these guys battle it out in a ring with 24 oz. boxing gloves on, headgear, and a mouthpiece. It's more of a show than anything, but we have some fun with this.

PC: Is the Drake and Chris Brown fight finalized? Where does it stand right now?

DF: Right now, Brown has verbally agreed. The contracts will go out this week. We have the contracts done. We have showed the contracts at a press conference that we had Wednesday to show everybody that it is the real deal. Each guy gets $2.5 million upon signing and then $2.5 million each will go into an escrow account. We just want them to battle it out, man. This is what I have done my whole life and it's my dream come true. Alki David is helping me put the money together to make it work and it would be live on Pay-Per-Vew TV and the tentative date right now is September 15th in Las Vegas.

PC: How close are you guys to getting The Game and 40 Glocc done?*

DF: The crazy thing is I just got in touch with 93.5, The Kay Day Show in Los Angeles. CEE CEE and Tattoo in the morning are helping me put this together and I really think it's going to happen. I really feel confident. You know they had this big ordeal where The Game had all of his boys there and 40 is saying they had guns, so now they can go and settle it in the ring and battle it out for three 1-minute rounds.

PC: Is there a celebrity fight that you haven't put together yet that you would like to make happen?

DF: (Laughing) I've tried everything. I tried to put Apollo Creed, Carl Weathers, against Mr. T. I've tried them all, man. My ultimate goal is to build this to be the WWE of boxing and be a cross between Don King and Vince McMahon. I've been doing this stuff***8230;I'm 36 now; I've been doing it since. I was 9-0 as a professional boxer and got out of it because of an accident outside the ring, and then I started celebrity boxing with Danny Bonaduce in '08 and we used to have to really push hard to get fights. Now, with celebrities getting into fights in the streets and whatever, we make it into grudge matches.

PC: Have you ever had someone back out at the last minute on you?*

DF: Nah. The only thing that ever happened was Jose Canseco. (Laughing) it's a funny story, but we had him booked to fight in Florida and his brother showed up instead, but nobody has ever backed out. We are building this as entertainment; these guys are going to battle it out and they want to do it.* It's three 1-minute rounds and a chance for them to make their spotlight even bigger. They can always use more publicity and they also get paid for it.

PC: It would be much better to see The Game and 40 Glocc end it like this instead of the way it can end up.

DF: Oh yeah! Also, we signed Floyd Mayweather Sr. He is signed on to celebrity boxing and he's going to be the trainer. He's either gonna train Chris Brown or Drake and if the situation goes down, he will train either The Game or 40 Glocc. Floyd Mayweather Sr., not only was he a world-class fighter that fought Sugar Ray Leonard, but he is a great guy, man. I was talking to him and what a nice guy he is.

PC: He is definitely that and I wish him the best with anything that he does.

DF: Yeah, he is a great guy and these fights will be fun and an event, and we're going to take it to the next level. We are looking to get the contracts with Drake and Chris Brown done, and also with 40 and The Game as well, this week and that will be a great card.

PC: I hope it all comes together for you guys. Keep me posted because it has definitely captured the public's eye. Is there anything you want to say in closing?

DF: This is the public's fight, man. I want to thank my partners www.thesafecig.com and everyone wants to see Chris Brown and Drake settle it in the ring, and if Rihanna isn't there, I know she will be watching (laughing).

Last edited by Atreyu Khalil; 07-12-2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Typo in thread title please edit
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-12-2012, 01:35 PM
kill the body
Banned

Rep Power: 0 kill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,606,497,057.44
Total Points: 2,607,146,586.45
drinks on me - kill the body No Message - kill the body black and white sigs, must know ur shit - Primera 

Would look like 2 high school girls fighting.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:35 PM
SixFootGiant
Banned

Rep Power: 0 SixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,016,053.57

This fight would sell way more than Chavez-Martinez lol. Twitter would explode that night
Old 07-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Bronsky
AyoMaDu!

Rep Power: 11 Bronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 158,879,395,813.88
Total Points: 188,902,384,299.39
&quot;amor de lejo amor de pendejo&quot; lol! classic. - jose830 have a fish my brother! - jose830 Respiratory Equipment Tech...Cheers! - jose830 Happy holidays bro! - led* Thanks. Cheers! - led* 
what's up homie! :beerchug: - jose830 sapito :lol1: I remember they used to called them 'ombligitos' too! lmao - jose830 

Roflmfao, I would watch for pure entertainment value
Old 07-12-2012, 01:39 PM
MalikKnucklez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 140,167,204,778.17
Total Points: 141,167,218,252.25
have a slush......... - bigsmoothh have an apple....... - bigsmoothh pizza pizza........... - bigsmoothh Salud! Gracias socio - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

5 Million PPV buys, guaranteed.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Atreyu Khalil
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Atreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond repute
making pactards bow down - I'm so sorry Cheers to you, my good sir! - CubanGuyNYC Reppin that Yay!! - LoadedWraps Back at cha! - EdMon917 some popcorn in. return - jose830 
to wash that popcorn down - jose830 thanks for the gifts... - jose830 Great thread, bro! &quot;GFs and Boxing&quot; - CubanGuyNYC No problem good thread - FirePunch Keep the Ownage up! - Cash Cow 
Cheers! - dan_cov 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
5 Million PPV buys, guaranteed.
I'm running with this! It would do big numbers
Old 07-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Sir.Afiln
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Sir.Afiln is a jewel in the roughSir.Afiln is a jewel in the roughSir.Afiln is a jewel in the roughSir.Afiln is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 10,493,524,119.03
Total Points: 10,494,497,227.59

Thats like saying would you listen to justin beiber or 2PAC..
SMFH
Old 07-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Atreyu Khalil
Banned

to wash that popcorn down - jose830 thanks for the gifts... - jose830 Great thread, bro! &quot;GFs and Boxing&quot; - CubanGuyNYC No problem good thread - FirePunch Keep the Ownage up! - Cash Cow 
Cheers! - dan_cov 
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixFootGiant View Post
This fight would sell way more than Chavez-Martinez lol. Twitter would explode that night
Twitter would shut down lol
Old 07-12-2012, 01:46 PM
-Kev-
Hype Beast

Rep Power: 105 -Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,222,333,342,312.02
Total Points: 19,222,333,429,672.81
What would I do without Kev? - Bossy You're the bestest :kiss: - Bossy fresh one, for a smoothy! - negged thx m8! heres another good fruit for your smoothy - negged Here's for the 15K bro. - led* 
One more. Just don't tell your mom. - led* Early birthday shout. Have a great one, bro. - Libido Sanchez Best of the best - BoxingGenius27 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays -Kev- - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Merry Christmas Kev. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw B-day - -Mustang- mighty parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier Kristen Kreuk will jump out of this cake - Jack Napier happy birthday. - Terrel 
Have a great one - led* Happy New Year sweetheart! - Lorily Lol @ image. - FeFist Long Island Iced Tea! - Dorian Parallelogram - Spray_resistant 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Ether Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Dorian 

24 oz. boxing gloves on

God damn, lol.

But yes, of course, this fight would sell a lot more than Martinez-Chavez Jr, and Canelo vs any one not named Mayweather.

This is actually bad for boxing, because I think Drake vs Chris Brown would get all of the attention. I personally want to watch Martinez vs Chavez, and Canelo vs Lopez, but i'm a hardcore boxing fan of real boxing. Not 24oz boxing.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:47 PM
#1Assassin
Conveyor of Truth

Rep Power: 23 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,202,396,016.01
Total Points: 14,286,654,797.90
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 
great advice in training forum - jas 

its ony three, one minute rounds though, and 24oz gloves on top of that.

none of these dudes know how to punch, even with them swinging wild with their chin in the air its unlikely somebody is gonna do real damage and you know its not gonna be any real boxing going on. its gonna be a slapfest where neither guy makes a real statement or wins convincingly.

if it was 3x3 with 14-18oz gloves it would be the **** though.