Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-10-2012, 08:09 PM
.:: JSFD26 ::.
Dale Matthysse

Rep Power: 61 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 109,975,136,148,448.38
Total Points: 170,724,526,500,982.97
Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! - CubanGuyNYC felicidades on the beautiful Babygirl, chama!! - MalikKnucklez Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Haters gonna hate..... - Atreyu Khalil The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez 
thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 enjoy - mathed 
knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov :beerchug: - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
Gamboa, if all goes well, would most likely be headlining a pretty major fight within the next 2 years. He, unlike Rigo, has a very solid following, stateside and internationally. Not to mention most of the fish he wants to fry are in the upper classes anyway. Rigo doesn't have as much wiggle room.
You probably know more about the matter than anybody but if he does go with Mayweather, I don't see why he wouldn't be on his next PPV. I mean, you got Mayweather showing off Vargas and Latimore, so why not Gamboa? That's mad exposure under Mayweather PPV's and I don't doubt him headlining something big.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-10-2012, 08:11 PM
.:: JSFD26 ::.
Dale Matthysse

Rep Power: 61 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 109,975,136,148,448.38
Total Points: 170,724,526,500,982.97
Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! - CubanGuyNYC felicidades on the beautiful Babygirl, chama!! - MalikKnucklez Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Haters gonna hate..... - Atreyu Khalil The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez 
thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 enjoy - mathed 
knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov :beerchug: - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Lol it's just not really an appetizing fight to be honest with you. Too much would get made about the "style match up" but we all know Gamboa isn't gonna fight Rigo the way that he's walked through all the other guys. We even seen him time himself better against DeLeon, who still a crafty lil sumb!tch in his own right.
Also, if these guys were the same size it would be a more realistic match up but as you pointed out, the size difference is probably too much.

Esta gente no saben como los Cubanos exageran. Of course they gonna say so and so schooled so and so. Especially if they like one more than the other.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:13 PM
lumiere
Contender

Rep Power: 4 lumiere has a brilliant futurelumiere has a brilliant futurelumiere has a brilliant futurelumiere has a brilliant futurelumiere has a brilliant futurelumiere has a brilliant futurelumiere has a brilliant futurelumiere has a brilliant futurelumiere has a brilliant futurelumiere has a brilliant futurelumiere has a brilliant future
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 40,475.42
Send a message via AIM to lumiere

the best should always fight each other regardless of country or stable or whatever.i would love to see nonito vs mikey Garcia and pac vs amir khan and of course rigo vs gamboa
Old 07-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Bronsky
AyoMaDu!

Rep Power: 11 Bronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 52,415,286,135.12
Total Points: 82,438,239,647.55
&quot;amor de lejo amor de pendejo&quot; lol! classic. - jose830 have a fish my brother! - jose830 Respiratory Equipment Tech...Cheers! - jose830 Happy holidays bro! - led* Thanks. Cheers! - led* 
what's up homie! :beerchug: - jose830 sapito :lol1: I remember they used to called them 'ombligitos' too! lmao - jose830 

Quote:
That's fine...i'm not here to argue with what ya mans n em said, i don't know them. And a sparring session doesn't mean much....some of the dudes in our stable have "given" it to a lot of current and former beltholders during sparring...i'm not gonna sit here and say the guys at my gym are gonna toss them an ass whoopin for 12 rounds in a professional championship match. It's just unrealistic. You walk into any grassroots Cuban gym here in Miami and you are gonna hear a million & one Rigondeaux/Gamboa stories. A lot of gym war stories come with an ounce of truth and a pound of hyperbole, i'm sure you know this.

I know both of them.
But u don't need to be around their scene to know Guillermo is simply the more skilled boxer. That's obvious. But like i said, in a professional match , technical prowess is only half the battle. Gamboa, although not much bigger height-wise, is still the physically stronger and more agile guy. Like, p4p agile and physical. Guillermo isn't, he's small for 122 as is.

True.
As far as them going at it. Yes rigo is much smaller but I see Rigo outboxing him and if Gamboa starts really opening up I can see rigo having to stop fighting down to hid opponents level and show his true colors for more than spurts at a time but yes gamboa is physically more agile but rigo is just as skilled physically its simply the style contrast is so vast that the physical ability is seen more in gamboa because that's his thing where as rigo IMO uses it sparingly and gravitates more towards the thinking mans fighter.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:27 PM
MalikKnucklez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 140,167,204,778.17
Total Points: 141,167,216,632.25
have a slush......... - bigsmoothh have an apple....... - bigsmoothh pizza pizza........... - bigsmoothh Salud! Gracias socio - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfd26 View Post
Esta gente no saben como los Cubanos exageran. Of course they gonna say so and so schooled so and so. Especially if they like one more than the other.
lol feel me? If Nationals said anything Barthelemy would've been p4p 1 right now

As far as buddy who said that the best should fight the best regardless of country...i'll subscribe to that when the guys in their OWN divisions stop duckin em,....it's hard enough just getting a hand full of these Goldmines to defect...why I wanna pin them against each other?

Especially the cream of the crop. I'm not taking anything away from Lara or Solis or Hernandez or Abril or any of my other Cubans....but make no mistake about it...Rigo & Gamboa are in a class of their own
Old 07-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Panginoon
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Panginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 47,966,493,356.78
Total Points: 47,966,610,506.70
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Telling the truth! - Money_May 

Gamboa sparks Rigo, but Donaire sparks both of them out
Old 07-10-2012, 08:37 PM
MalikKnucklez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond repute
have a slush......... - bigsmoothh have an apple....... - bigsmoothh pizza pizza........... - bigsmoothh Salud! Gracias socio - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panginoon View Post
Gamboa sparks Rigo, but Donaire sparks both of them out
Lol for ur trolling sake u better hope Gamboa never gets his hands on Nonito lil n***a.....u wanna talk interesting match-ups...talk Rigo-Donaire...the one that should be getting made..

understand that Gamboa will perform a hysterectomy on Nonito on live television...ya dig?....understand that Gamboa and Nonito at 126 is an innocent white girl in an alley with Ted Bundy...ya dig?....understand...that Gamboa-Nonito at 126 will be vanglorious...like the swift, but thunderous backhand I will give you if that fight is ever made....

yeah, u dig.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Bronsky
AyoMaDu!

Rep Power: 11 Bronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 52,415,286,135.12
Total Points: 82,438,239,647.55
&quot;amor de lejo amor de pendejo&quot; lol! classic. - jose830 have a fish my brother! - jose830 Respiratory Equipment Tech...Cheers! - jose830 Happy holidays bro! - led* Thanks. Cheers! - led* 
what's up homie! :beerchug: - jose830 sapito :lol1: I remember they used to called them 'ombligitos' too! lmao - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfd26 View Post
Also, if these guys were the same size it would be a more realistic match up but as you pointed out, the size difference is probably too much.

Yo se como son los cubanos. Y no solo cubanos pero todo hispano es asi dejate de eso. Todo hispano exagera pero este individuo es Hombre bien tranquilo y respetuoso. Such character no es de mentir. Pero de cualquier manera es palabra de boca por supuesto. Yo solo estoy repetiendo lo que me ha dicho un señor respetuoso no un hablador. Whatever. The case is I don't see a Cakewalk for either fighter and either fighter can get washed.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:52 PM
MalikKnucklez
Banned

MaDu where u stay at?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Troav
Contender

Rep Power: 5 Troav has much to be proud ofTroav has much to be proud ofTroav has much to be proud ofTroav has much to be proud ofTroav has much to be proud ofTroav has much to be proud ofTroav has much to be proud ofTroav has much to be proud ofTroav has much to be proud ofTroav has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 17,842.24
For finishing 3rd in Season 2 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation 

Quote:
Lol for ur trolling sake u better hope Gamboa never gets his hands on Nonito lil n***a.....u wanna talk interesting match-ups...talk Rigo-Donaire...the one that should be getting made..

understand that Gamboa will perform a hysterectomy on Nonito on live television...ya dig?....understand that Gamboa and Nonito at 126 is an innocent white girl in an alley with Ted Bundy...ya dig?....understand...that Gamboa-Nonito at 126 will be vanglorious...like the swift, but thunderous backhand I will give you if that fight is ever made....

yeah, u dig.
That fight will never happen now that Gamboa isn't with top rank anymore