Eubank - Calzaghe (Dying Seconds) - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 12-12-2005, 07:29 AM
Cereal
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U.K
Age: 28
Posts: 871
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14 Cereal has a reputation beyond reputeCereal has a reputation beyond reputeCereal has a reputation beyond reputeCereal has a reputation beyond reputeCereal has a reputation beyond reputeCereal has a reputation beyond reputeCereal has a reputation beyond reputeCereal has a reputation beyond reputeCereal has a reputation beyond reputeCereal has a reputation beyond reputeCereal has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 18,376.85
Bank: 700,216,184.98
Total Points: 700,234,561.83
Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad 
Default Eubank - Calzaghe (Dying Seconds)

Just read Eubank's autobiography and he contends that he nearly had Calzaghe out in the final seconds? I myself have not seen the fight but for the knock down. can anyone else clarify?
i would have thought that if calzaghe was that badly shaken there would have been calls for a rematch.
Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote
Cereal is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 12-12-2005, 07:54 PM
RobbieD
Contender
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 306
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13 RobbieD has a reputation beyond reputeRobbieD has a reputation beyond reputeRobbieD has a reputation beyond reputeRobbieD has a reputation beyond reputeRobbieD has a reputation beyond reputeRobbieD has a reputation beyond reputeRobbieD has a reputation beyond reputeRobbieD has a reputation beyond reputeRobbieD has a reputation beyond reputeRobbieD has a reputation beyond reputeRobbieD has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 13,742.97
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,742.97
Default

There is good old Chris talking more **** again. I wonder if he thinks that if he continously says lies that maybe they become true?
Reply With Quote
RobbieD is offline
#3
Old 12-12-2005, 10:55 PM
JUYJUY
NSB P4P #1
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 4,299
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 20 JUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 338,456.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 338,456.00
Default

Eubank had Calzaghe out on his feet almost in the last 10 seconds, if the fight had gone 10 seconds longer then Eubank would of won.
Reply With Quote
JUYJUY is offline
#4
Old 12-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Kayo
Walk's On Water
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada,BC
Age: 27
Posts: 3,527
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1220 Kayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 162,877.43
Bank: 1,024,423.45
Total Points: 1,187,300.88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUYJUY
Eubank had Calzaghe out on his feet almost in the last 10 seconds, if the fight had gone 10 seconds longer then Eubank would of won.
Eubank also could of won if he was a cyborg had infinent energy and was allowed to wear gloves with barb wire. But he didnt so he lost
Reply With Quote
Kayo is offline
#5
Old 12-13-2005, 02:04 AM
Tha Greatest
boxingscene legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sacramento
Age: 28
Posts: 17,312
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21520 Tha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 614,160.52
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 614,160.52
Performance worthy of a beer. Enjoy - El Gallo Negro! U R A Funny Son of a Bitch - Stones In Exile Funny S.O.B. - The Beatles Dome King - Firewall A gift for the Dome King - Tomato Can 
No Message - JAB5239 No Message - BoxingGenius27 cheers for posting on my thread abt valero broner much appreciated - robson24 Sup bro - El Angel For Giving the Giants Credit where credit was due. You have my respect. - BrushMyHair 
Giants, Dynasty, Winning on the Even numbered years in this decade. Lets drink to that. A Toast to baseballs most intriguing and newest dynasty. Cheers - BrushMyHair 
Default

IF eubank almost KOd Joe, imagine what Lacy will do...
Reply With Quote
Tha Greatest is offline
#6
Old 12-13-2005, 03:11 AM
elveiel
A.K.A - evil -
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,588
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 6104 elveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 178,673.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 178,673.00
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Greatest
IF eubank almost KOd Joe, imagine what Lacy will do...
Lacy isnt even in the same league as Eubank yet.
Reply With Quote
elveiel is offline
#7
Old 12-13-2005, 03:45 AM
RastaSmoker
The Prophecy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fres"No" ,California Sin-Cal
Age: 33
Posts: 4,247
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14868 RastaSmoker has a reputation beyond reputeRastaSmoker has a reputation beyond reputeRastaSmoker has a reputation beyond reputeRastaSmoker has a reputation beyond reputeRastaSmoker has a reputation beyond reputeRastaSmoker has a reputation beyond reputeRastaSmoker has a reputation beyond reputeRastaSmoker has a reputation beyond reputeRastaSmoker has a reputation beyond reputeRastaSmoker has a reputation beyond reputeRastaSmoker has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 218,045.80
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 218,045.80
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 
Default

Calzaghe was already the British Champion. He was fast, heavy-handed and a Southpaw. He had demolished all but one of his opponents inside the distance-he was viewed as a champion in waiting. The bout was equally as fascinating as the Collins fight had looked, and proved to be every bit as exciting as was hoped. The younger and fresher Welshman made his mark within seconds by sending Eubank flying across the ring with a brutal left cross. Seeing the iron jawed old champion on the deck was a rarity indeed and the talented Welsh-Italian set about Eubank for the remainder of the round. There would be no let up. Using an intense, high energy and accurate attack the Welsh-Italian pounded the Brighton man for round after round. Fighting desperately and with amazing depths of courage, Eubank covered himself in glory by lashing back at his tormentor with huge single punches, in the process testing his co-challengers own will, chin and resolve. Eubank touched down again late on but had a great moment in the dieing seconds of the final round when a savage left hook right hand combination had Calzaghe out on his feet for a moment. In true British Super-Middleweight tradition, it had been a remarkable fight, once more displaying the all round ability of the then up coming Calzaghe.

But at no point was calzaghe in danger of losing the fight because even if eubanks had floored him he would have still had the opportunity to get up. and as i remember calzaghe had won it hands down and even two knockdowns wouldnt have won it for him. And he obviously has recovery power seeing as in his first Knockdown he got right back up and knocked the guy out in the same round, and the second time he got knocked down he got back up and later floored the guy and won by SD.

And JUYJUY also likes to point out that Eubanks was old then, well calzaghe is now almost two years older then eubanks was in that fight and he is still undefeated. And other then luciano torres, eubanks was calzaghe first step up, not to mention in only his 23rd pro fight.
Reply With Quote
RastaSmoker is offline
#8
Old 12-13-2005, 04:23 AM
AIR_KENG
His Airness
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 32
Posts: 15,305
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21517 AIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond reputeAIR_KENG has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 82,900.70
Bank: 122,233,237,546.07
Total Points: 122,233,320,446.77
Beer pre! - led No Message - led No Message - led sending gifts to friends today - serv gift giving time to friends - serv 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RastaSmoker
Calzaghe was already the British Champion. He was fast, heavy-handed and a Southpaw. He had demolished all but one of his opponents inside the distance-he was viewed as a champion in waiting. The bout was equally as fascinating as the Collins fight had looked, and proved to be every bit as exciting as was hoped. The younger and fresher Welshman made his mark within seconds by sending Eubank flying across the ring with a brutal left cross. Seeing the iron jawed old champion on the deck was a rarity indeed and the talented Welsh-Italian set about Eubank for the remainder of the round. There would be no let up. Using an intense, high energy and accurate attack the Welsh-Italian pounded the Brighton man for round after round. Fighting desperately and with amazing depths of courage, Eubank covered himself in glory by lashing back at his tormentor with huge single punches, in the process testing his co-challengers own will, chin and resolve. Eubank touched down again late on but had a great moment in the dieing seconds of the final round when a savage left hook right hand combination had Calzaghe out on his feet for a moment. In true British Super-Middleweight tradition, it had been a remarkable fight, once more displaying the all round ability of the then up coming Calzaghe.

But at no point was calzaghe in danger of losing the fight because even if eubanks had floored him he would have still had the opportunity to get up. and as i remember calzaghe had won it hands down and even two knockdowns wouldnt have won it for him. And he obviously has recovery power seeing as in his first Knockdown he got right back up and knocked the guy out in the same round, and the second time he got knocked down he got back up and later floored the guy and won by SD.

And JUYJUY also likes to point out that Eubanks was old then, well calzaghe is now almost two years older then eubanks was in that fight and he is still undefeated. And other then luciano torres, eubanks was calzaghe first step up, not to mention in only his 23rd pro fight.
damn, i really am keen on watching more fights from these fighters... cant say much because haven't watched any fight outside of bhop, tyson, pbf, ali, lennox, and of course manny pacquiao
Reply With Quote
AIR_KENG is offline
#9
Old 12-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Easy-E
Gotta want it
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 24,817
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 20827 Easy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond reputeEasy-E has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,026,274,258.71
Bank: 18,652,227,944.97
Total Points: 19,678,502,203.68
How about them Celtics? - Bendigo Cool Cat - !! AI-Holmes!! you need more gifts - Pico Hollywood Easy-money.. - !! AI-Holmes!! For speakin the truth homey - mangler 
We Gettin Money YEP we ballin YEP we Ballin YEP I said we Ballin YEP - Kevin Jesus fucck you, pay me - Loccy here's for you bro - Talisayen chea. easy-e wuz da shit! - Tha Executioner Have a drink on me bro - led 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carnivore Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elveiel
Lacy isnt even in the same league as Eubank yet.
in regards to power he is
thats what hes trying to say
Reply With Quote
Easy-E is offline
Reply

Share This With Friends

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Cookie Policy - Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2016 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:23 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.