Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#21
Old 07-09-2012, 07:17 PM
BradleyP4P#1
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pistolvania
Posts: 61
Rep Power: 0 BradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these parts
Points: 2,041.97
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,041.97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
I'm not sold on Lara. Sometimes he looks spectacular, other times he's content to squeak by.

I do not bandwagon jump though. I'm a fan of fighters who fight the dangerous fight. Martinez did that. Don't act like it's anybody that ko's the Punisher. Floyd nor Pacman didn't want to fight him at 147. I don't need to look for the fighter to beat Floyd. Because the fighters that would beat him, he won't fight them.
I think Lara fights and trains to his opponent and once he fights the better guys he'll shine.

What fighters beat Floyd? What fighters his own size can actually beat him? What fighters that bring money to the table or become his mandatory can beat him? I'm talking 147lbs or less. since he's never made the 154lbs weight limit. What P4P fighters can beat him that actually move up in weight and don't pray on smaller guys? You can't name any because they don't exist. It's always this big guy, this hard hitting guy, this southpaw, and at the end of the day nobody has taken that 0. 154lbs is too high for Mayweather yet he suppose to fight a middleweight lol. You have Pac fighting Catchweights and cherry picking to the fullest, Marquez fighting bums that nobodies heard of, yet lets pick on Mayweather lol!

Why do you guys want Floyd to lose so badly? He fought the best or tried to fight the best when he was younger. He always fights a guy that's a champion, brings money, or is a P4P guy since he's came back and he's 35 years old. This guy won't get credit until he gets knocked out by a heavyweight.
Reply With Quote
BradleyP4P#1 is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#22
Old 07-09-2012, 07:35 PM
KnockUTheFukOut
biased dickrider
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,214
Rep Power: 15 KnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 6,169,556.66
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,169,556.66
To a good poster - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - RossCA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - RossCA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA 
Default

Martinez is hated? BY WHO? Maybe Chavez Jr Fans I guess

but Ronnie is Lara's Trainer, what is he suppose to say?
Reply With Quote
KnockUTheFukOut is offline
#23
Old 07-09-2012, 08:27 PM
.:: JSFD26 ::.
Brawski
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NSB
Posts: 25,498
Rep Power: 72 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 31,900,000,057,168.46
Bank: 2,688,269,921,396,401.00
Total Points: 2,720,169,921,453,569.50
The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 
enjoy - mathed knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 
we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov 
:beerchug: - -jose- matty ice - sugarsmosley CUBAN BOXING SCHOOL!!! :( - f4314n68 For the tears. - Jalisciense909 You deserve a gold.  Keep speaking from the heart.  . - damit305 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
I'm not sold on Lara. Sometimes he looks spectacular, other times he's content to squeak by.
How do you think he looked vs Hernandez?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyP4P#1 View Post
I think Lara fights and trains to his opponent and once he fights the better guys he'll shine.
Interesting observation. A lot of people actually feel this way about Lara and I think besides the issues he had in camp this is what happened coming into the Molina fight. Molina was his first real step up after 16 fights and he (Lara) was coming off of 4 1st round KO wins. We all know Molina is no joke and not sure why they give Lara sh1t about him.
Reply With Quote
.:: JSFD26 ::. is offline
#24
Old 07-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Phenom
Phenomdeaux
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,052
Rep Power: 0 Phenom has disabled reputation
Points: 10,022,355.45
Bank: 23,810,017,965,019.74
Total Points: 23,810,027,987,375.19
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bearman3000 
Default

who hates Martinez because he said he could beat Mayweather??

as for Lara I Know Floyd beats him I like the guy but he is little overrated around here he has problems with boxers from what I seen he would lose a decision but he will be competitive
Reply With Quote
Phenom is offline
#25
Old 07-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tacoma by way of St Croix.
Posts: 22,781
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 57 Bushbaby has disabled reputation
Points: 1,255,321,583,781.79
Bank: 24,204,942,039,022.47
Total Points: 25,460,263,622,804.26
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyP4P#1 View Post
I think Lara fights and trains to his opponent and once he fights the better guys he'll shine.

What fighters beat Floyd? What fighters his own size can actually beat him? What fighters that bring money to the table or become his mandatory can beat him? I'm talking 147lbs or less. since he's never made the 154lbs weight limit. What P4P fighters can beat him that actually move up in weight and don't pray on smaller guys? You can't name any because they don't exist. It's always this big guy, this hard hitting guy, this southpaw, and at the end of the day nobody has taken that 0. 154lbs is too high for Mayweather yet he suppose to fight a middleweight lol. You have Pac fighting Catchweights and cherry picking to the fullest, Marquez fighting bums that nobodies heard of, yet lets pick on Mayweather lol!

Why do you guys want Floyd to lose so badly? He fought the best or tried to fight the best when he was younger. He always fights a guy that's a champion, brings money, or is a P4P guy since he's came back and he's 35 years old. This guy won't get credit until he gets knocked out by a heavyweight.
The Punisher was welterweight when Floyd nor Pacman wanted to fight him, that's a fact & that's why boxing fans hated him. So Floyd is supposed to only fight fighters that bring money to the table?? Which is why it's ok to bash Floyd Martinez at 154?? Well then.............................................. ..

Btw I bash Pacman too. But not Marquez because he stepped up to welterweight to fight the consensus pfp #1 & #2 But neither would step to 154 to fight the consensus #3,lol!! When Marquez was never a welterweight champion, but Floyd, Pacman & Martinez all held titles at 154, another fact btw.
Reply With Quote
Bushbaby is offline
#26
Old 07-09-2012, 10:29 PM
BradleyP4P#1
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pistolvania
Posts: 61
Rep Power: 0 BradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these partsBradleyP4P#1 is infamous around these parts
Points: 2,041.97
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,041.97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
The Punisher was welterweight when Floyd nor Pacman wanted to fight him, that's a fact & that's why boxing fans hated him. So Floyd is supposed to only fight fighters that bring money to the table?? Which is why it's ok to bash Floyd Martinez at 154?? Well then.............................................. ..

Btw I bash Pacman too. But not Marquez because he stepped up to welterweight to fight the consensus pfp #1 & #2 But neither would step to 154 to fight the consensus #3,lol!! When Marquez was never a welterweight champion, but Floyd, Pacman & Martinez all held titles at 154, another fact btw.
I've been watching boxing for too long... I actually do realize that it takes money to make money at the top. Guys have to earn their shots at P4P#1 AND PPV stars just like it's always been. Floyd is old and past prime but still good and he only wants money fights... he earned it so what's wrong with that. Why go through 4 weight classes chasing the PPV star to have to move up one more weight class to get finally get a shot? Because that's how it's been and even Floyd Mayweather had to do it to get his shot. Floyd had to go to a 5th weight division just to get his shot at PPV star Oscar De La Hoya. Oscar gave him a ****ty split, big gloves, and called all the shots since he earned his right to. Oscar fought everyone win/lose/draw. Floyd beat Oscar and became the man. Floyd was P4P #1 and a PPV star. Who was Paul Williams at this time? Who was he before that while Floyd held the belts at 147lbs? Was he ever Floyds mandatory? Who was Paul Williams ever in fact... he's now classified as a has-been former WBO Welterweight champ. And I for one don't feel sorry for anyone who gets hurt on a motorcycle. He lost to Margarito, Quintana, and got sonned by Martinez. I also forgot his gift from Lara! He was a tall lanky southpaw who threw a lot of punches. He's not that skilled he's just a freak that's style is one of a kind. Imagine him fighting guys his own frame or in his 5th weight class like 175lbs... You don't have to imagine Martinez 2 showed it but from a smaller guy. If these guys really want a shot at Mayweather they need to become his mandatory. Go to his weight class and call him out. Don't go up to middleweight and fight some people nobody knows and then call out the PPV stars. I heard Lara call out Martinez but heard nothing back... wonder why? High risk/low reward < low risk/high reward... it's ok until it doesn't fit ones agenda. If Floyd would turn down a mandatory and not fight a high profile fight/championship fight I wouldn't be a fan anymore. You are a Paul Williams fan and always have been. It's his fault that he didn't get a Mayweather fight not the other way around.

Marquez was a draw fighting 2 fighters who drew the most... Martinez who again? Ask the average person who Sergio Maravilla Martinez is? Now ask that same guy who Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather are... Mayweather and Pacquiao also fought around their walking around weight @ 147lbs. Where Martinez walks around higher than 154lbs. Marquez, Pacquiao, and Mayweather are not that different in size whereas Martinez is way bigger than Pac and Floyd. Marquez has fought the ****tiest competition out of him, Mayweather and Pacquiao in the last couple years by the way lol.
Reply With Quote
BradleyP4P#1 is offline
#27
Old 07-09-2012, 11:54 PM
rambov
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,466
Rep Power: 14 rambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 55,127,360.05
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 55,127,360.05
Default

FLoyd is undefeated.....UNDEFEATED
Reply With Quote
rambov is offline
#28
Old 07-10-2012, 01:11 AM
cisjay
Contender
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 189
Rep Power: 0 cisjay is infamous around these partscisjay is infamous around these partscisjay is infamous around these partscisjay is infamous around these partscisjay is infamous around these partscisjay is infamous around these partscisjay is infamous around these partscisjay is infamous around these partscisjay is infamous around these partscisjay is infamous around these partscisjay is infamous around these parts
Points: 503,637.62
Bank: 353,393,975.45
Total Points: 353,897,613.07
No Message - cisjay No Message - cisjay No Message - cisjay 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
There was a time right after the Martinez brutally stopped the Punisher that the entire boxing community jumped his bones. But then he called out Floyd & Pacman. Ever since, he become hated & notoriously viewed as overrated.

So my question is: Now that an educated trainer & boxing professor like Shields says that he believes Lara can beat Floyd will all the Lara sympathizer's become hateful & vindictive of Lara because of it??
I don't even understand your point. "But then he called out Floyd & Pacman. Ever since, he become hated & notoriously viewed as overrated." Lmao. What? When has Martinez become hated? What's the correlation between Martinez calling out the top 2 p4p at the time, and Shields giving his opinion about a certain fighter. What is it you're really trying to say?

And what the hell is a Lara sympathizer? When you look into it, what your really saying is, 'Floyd's fans will turn on Lara, suddenly becoming hateful & vindictive against him, supposedly because Ronnie Shields thinks Lara has a shot?' You're also implying that Floyd's fans are also Lara sympathizers. I don't know why you would assume that? Probably because they're both dark skinned.

But regardless, the TS is a troll bringing up Floyd's name as usual. "pre-mature dick riding" I think one poster called it.

/thread
Reply With Quote
cisjay is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
beats, floyd, hated, lara, martinez??, ronnie

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.