Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-09-2012, 12:10 PM
GrandpaBernard
motherfuc

Rep Power: 0 GrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 54,166,088.54
For the insight! - Lazerjab Happy new years bro! - Lazerjab 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
I was just thinking of this fight the other day. On paper, it's certainly not a fight one would consider forking over $60+ to watch.

But, I really believe Lara, skills wise, has P4P potential. It's just getting the opportunity to prove it is where I think he will have a problem.

I think his style could give Floyd some trouble in the ring, and I think he could do enough to deserve to win a decision. Lara doesn't do one thing spectacular, but he does a lot of things very well; plus his size and southpaw stance certainly work to his advantage as well.

The way Floyd's style has evolved doesn't suit him well in this matchup, I think he would need to use his feet a bit more than he has lately.

The below text was taken from the artcle here...

http://www.e@stsideboxing.com/news.php?p=32666&more=1

CIANI: Just to get your perspective on where Lara is right now, if he was to get an unlikely opportunity against pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Junior, what would you think of his chances?

SHIELDS: Oh man! I would think his chances are like 70-30, with 70 being for him and 30 being for Floyd just for the simple reason that look. Floyd is a great fighter, but Floyd is a great fighter fighting guys like a Miguel Cotto, whos past his prime, and like a too small guy like Marquez who he beat. Now look, Floyd is a good fighter but this is a different competition with Erislandy Lara. Were talking about a bigger guy whos just a natural 154 pounder. There is no way in the world in my heart I know that Floyd can beat a guy like Erislandy Lara, just for the simple reason that Lara is so much smarter than everybody Floyd has ever fought in his career. When you have that, and plus hes a bigger guy and a stronger guy, I dont see how Floyd would be able to keep him off of him.
Fight would look like Mayweather-Judah except Floyd is more dominant in the early rounds due to the experience he now has against that kind of style.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-09-2012, 12:11 PM
.:: JSFD26 ::.
Brawski

Rep Power: 72 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,688,269,921,396,401.00
Total Points: 2,720,169,921,453,913.50
The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 
enjoy - mathed knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 
we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov 
:beerchug: - -jose- matty ice - sugarsmosley CUBAN BOXING SCHOOL!!! :( - f4314n68 For the tears. - Jalisciense909 You deserve a gold.  Keep speaking from the heart.  . - damit305 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastrangelo View Post
That's true, I remember at Laras beginning with Golden Boy when he fought at some Floyds undercard I belive, hbo guys were talking how Oscar is excited about him. I'm sure his career would be in completely different place if Alvarez fought in different weight-class. The same can be said about Rigondeaux and Donaire. Those Cubans have no chance to ever bring really big money, so they are not priority if there's someone with bigger fanbase who can be promoted as well.
We are so few and outnumbered. :'(

But maybe he SHOULD go up to 160.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Brawski

Rep Power: 72 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 
enjoy - mathed knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 
we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov 
:beerchug: - -jose- matty ice - sugarsmosley CUBAN BOXING SCHOOL!!! :( - f4314n68 For the tears. - Jalisciense909 You deserve a gold.  Keep speaking from the heart.  . - damit305 

Quote:
To be fair with them, no matter how much they would promote Lara, he'd never reach the level of recognition and following that Saul Alvarez has being Mexicos most popular fighter.
And Gamboa is 30 already and will continue his career fighting out of his natural weight-class. He'll never be as good at lightweight and higher as he was at 126, i don't see bright future for him.
Based on what? His height? Early in his career he was fighting at 130 so we dunno if his natural weight class is 126. And Gamboa I believe walks around 160 165 so I think he will do better than most think at 135. But its true him and Rigo are getting older. Lara is the younger one and thats who Golden Boy should be trying to raise as a superstar to pave the way.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:22 PM
boliodogs
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,298,205,285,418.52
Total Points: 12,308,205,375,216.20
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX 

Quote:
That's true, I remember at Laras beginning with Golden Boy when he fought at some Floyds undercard I belive, hbo guys were talking how Oscar is excited about him. I'm sure his career would be in completely different place if Alvarez fought in different weight-class. The same can be said about Rigondeaux and Donaire. Those Cubans have no chance to ever bring really big money, so they are not priority if there's someone with bigger fanbase who can be promoted as well.
Lara, Rigondeaux, and Gamboa are the Cuban monsters that lots of fighters avoid. Donaire is getting good fights now and winning them clearly. If HBO and Showtime show them more I think they will make money because they are exciting fighters to watch.Golden Boy should treat Lara better. I hope they get him good fights like Kirkland. It's clear they won't give him a fight with Canelo or they would have already done so.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Mastrangelo
Paul Williams beat Lara

Rep Power: 10 Mastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,235,395,513,332.73
Total Points: 954,845,393,856,194.75
thanks for the fight...cheers! - joe strong 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfd26 View Post
Based on what? His height? Early in his career he was fighting at 130 so we dunno if his natural weight class is 126. And Gamboa I believe walks around 160 165 so I think he will do better than most think at 135. But its true him and Rigo are getting older. Lara is the younger one and thats who Golden Boy should be trying to raise as a superstar to pave the way.
He's outside fighter, whose best defence are his legs. He is exceptional talent so he can deal with taller fighters, but let's be serious, did you see 5'5 dude fighting from outside doing well at lightweight? There was Pernell Whitaker at his early days but he's completely different kind of fighter with great inside game and great inside defence particulary.
The higher his opponents will get and the older he will get, the harder it will be for him. He'll have to get inside more and when he gets in, he opens himself up and his chin is not rock solid.
I'd still pick him over everyone at 135 because this division sucks, but I think he'll seek bigger fights so he may end up fighting even higher..
Old 07-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Brawski

Quote:
He's outside fighter, whose best defence are his legs. He is exceptional talent so he can deal with taller fighters, but let's be serious, did you see 5'5 dude fighting from outside doing well at lightweight? There was Pernell Whitaker at his early days but he's completely different kind of fighter with great inside game and great inside defence particulary.
The higher his opponents will get and the older he will get, the harder it will be for him. He'll have to get inside more and when he gets in, he opens himself up and his chin is not rock solid.
I'd still pick him over everyone at 135 because this division sucks, but I think he'll seek bigger fights so he may end up fighting even higher..
This is the way I look at it. If he's as good as you, me and everyone else makes him to be then he SHOULD get thru these divisions. If not then he should fail miserably.

Let me ask you this, who do you think is faster, Pacquiao or Gamboa? Pacquiao only has 1 inch on Gamboa and made it to 147.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Mastrangelo
Paul Williams beat Lara

Rep Power: 10 Mastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,235,395,513,332.73
Total Points: 954,845,393,856,194.75
thanks for the fight...cheers! - joe strong 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfd26 View Post
This is the way I look at it. If he's as good as you, me and everyone else makes him to be then he SHOULD get thru these divisions. If not then he should fail miserably.

Let me ask you this, who do you think is faster, Pacquiao or Gamboa? Pacquiao only has 1 inch on Gamboa and made it to 147.
Right now? Gamboa no doubt, in his prime days I think Pacquiao was slightly faster but it's close.
But the thing is, they're completely different fighters. Pac is guy who wants to get close to his opponents and he is also freakishly strong physically for his size, he had inhuman stamina, rock solid chin and was even more dangerous in exchanges than Gamboa is. Power and size will bother Gamboa(and pretty much everyone) more than Pacquiao.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 54 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,015,255,614,064.99
Total Points: 2,261,255,809,973.78
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

Floyd don't look good at 154 and he's slowed down a lot. Lara's style and physical abilities would give Floyd a LOT of problems but I see Floyd winning a decision in a rough fight.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Brawski

Quote:
Right now? Gamboa no doubt, in his prime days I think Pacquiao was slightly faster but it's close.
But the thing is, they're completely different fighters. Pac is guy who wants to get close to his opponents and he is also freakishly strong physically for his size, he had inhuman stamina, rock solid chin and was even more dangerous in exchanges than Gamboa is. Power and size will bother Gamboa(and pretty much everyone) more than Pacquiao.
Well, I mean at the age of 30 who was faster? And you dont think physically Gamboa is bigger than Pacquiao? Not sure strength wise but I feel Gamboa is bigger than Pacquiao. Also, we dunno how Gamboa's chin really is since the KDs have always been from him being over excited and/or off balance. Look at what happened to his opponents after him being KDed.

Not sure if this means much but Solis did say he hits harder than Pacquiao. Meanwhile Salido said the opposite, that he doesnt hit hard.

Idk I think Gamboa with his speed will do alright in higher classes. Now whether he keeps it or not is a different story.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Carpe Diem
Seize the day

Rep Power: 49 Carpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 80,293,200,877,421.61
Total Points: 80,337,343,992,004.95
only mayweather fan i can stand and like lol! keep being a cool guy! i like slushies so here's one hehe! cheers bro! :) - Akyra Here...have a beer. Men don't drink slushies. - check hook No Message - Old Coward beer 4 a good poster - led Have a shot - danny711 
Merry Christmas - Flab old enough to drink - MANIAC310 Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Have a gift - ABOSWORTH solid poster - sugarsmosley 

He'd be able to hold his own against Floyd.