Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 24,204,942,039,022.47
Total Points: 25,460,263,622,456.26
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyvsspy View Post
Too bad floyd has never been about fighting tough opponents. He has cherry picked his way into the hearts of his fans.

This is true. All due to the business of boxing. I call it cherrypicking sucker fans call it good business decisions.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Atreyu Khalil
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Atreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,705,822,350.92
Total Points: 2,705,944,786.66
making pactards bow down - I'm so sorry Cheers to you, my good sir! - CubanGuyNYC Reppin that Yay!! - LoadedWraps Back at cha! - EdMon917 some popcorn in. return - jose830 
to wash that popcorn down - jose830 thanks for the gifts... - jose830 Great thread, bro! &quot;GFs and Boxing&quot; - CubanGuyNYC No problem good thread - FirePunch Keep the Ownage up! - Cash Cow 
Cheers! - dan_cov 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
I was just thinking of this fight the other day. On paper, it's certainly not a fight one would consider forking over $60+ to watch.

But, I really believe Lara, skills wise, has P4P potential. It's just getting the opportunity to prove it is where I think he will have a problem.

I think his style could give Floyd some trouble in the ring, and I think he could do enough to deserve to win a decision. Lara doesn't do one thing spectacular, but he does a lot of things very well; plus his size and southpaw stance certainly work to his advantage as well.

The way Floyd's style has evolved doesn't suit him well in this matchup, I think he would need to use his feet a bit more than he has lately.

The below text was taken from the artcle here...

http://www.e@stsideboxing.com/news.php?p=32666&more=1

CIANI: Just to get your perspective on where Lara is right now, if he was to get an unlikely opportunity against pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Junior, what would you think of his chances?

SHIELDS: Oh man! I would think his chances are like 70-30, with 70 being for him and 30 being for Floyd just for the simple reason that look. Floyd is a great fighter, but Floyd is a great fighter fighting guys like a Miguel Cotto, whos past his prime, and like a too small guy like Marquez who he beat. Now look, Floyd is a good fighter but this is a different competition with Erislandy Lara. Were talking about a bigger guy whos just a natural 154 pounder. There is no way in the world in my heart I know that Floyd can beat a guy like Erislandy Lara, just for the simple reason that Lara is so much smarter than everybody Floyd has ever fought in his career. When you have that, and plus hes a bigger guy and a stronger guy, I dont see how Floyd would be able to keep him off of him.
hes smarter than Floyd?

....NO!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:04 AM
PBP
ATG

Rep Power: 33 PBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 440,591,745,204,408.50
Total Points: 440,722,745,459,575.25
how do you not have any gifts yet? you're a good poster - I'm so sorry great posts! - JAB5239 No Message - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega A pleasure to read your insightful comments - techliam 
It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being an ATG poster - jas for a poster who really knows his sh1t - jas Master poster and socio! - CubanGuyNYC 

What makes people think being a pressure fighter is the key to beating Floyd?

He dominated every pressure fighter he's faced recently and has seen that style throughout his career. The first Castillo fight was a decade ago and Floyd is an older, more experienced and moves a lot less than he did back then. People need to hop off of that "Castillo set the Blueprint on how to beat Floyd" train of thought.

The guy who gave him the most problems other than Castillo was Zab Judah who is an athletically gifted boxer with fast hands and solid skills. Floyd hasn't fought somebody in that mold since Judah in 2006.

Now, Lara doesn't have the handspeed of a Zab, but he's still very skilled and can challenge anyone at 154. That's why I think this fight will be more interesting than what people are giving it credit for.

Last edited by PBP; 07-09-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:05 AM
.:: JSFD26 ::.
Brawski

Rep Power: 72 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,688,269,921,396,401.00
Total Points: 2,720,169,921,453,416.50
The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 
enjoy - mathed knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 
we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov 
:beerchug: - -jose- matty ice - sugarsmosley CUBAN BOXING SCHOOL!!! :( - f4314n68 For the tears. - Jalisciense909 You deserve a gold.  Keep speaking from the heart.  . - damit305 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Too bad this will never happen and if it did and Lara did win he wouldnt get credit cause Floyd is on "the decline."
Old 07-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Mastrangelo
Paul Williams beat Lara

Rep Power: 10 Mastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,152,348,542,483.07
Total Points: 954,762,346,885,138.12
thanks for the fight...cheers! - joe strong 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfd26 View Post
Too bad this will never happen and if it did and Lara did win he wouldnt get credit cause Floyd is on "the decline."
Nah, there would always be some excuses, but he'd get hell of a credit for beating Floyd, no doubt about it.
But why Am I even talking about it, Floyd will never take fight like that.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:23 AM
.:: JSFD26 ::.
Brawski

Rep Power: 72 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,688,269,921,396,401.00
Total Points: 2,720,169,921,453,416.50
The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 
enjoy - mathed knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 
we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov 
:beerchug: - -jose- matty ice - sugarsmosley CUBAN BOXING SCHOOL!!! :( - f4314n68 For the tears. - Jalisciense909 You deserve a gold.  Keep speaking from the heart.  . - damit305 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastrangelo View Post
Nah, there would always be some excuses, but he'd get hell of a credit for beating Floyd, no doubt about it.
But why Am I even talking about it, Floyd will never take fight like that.
You right. Floyd would probably not take a fight like this one but Golden Boy would not try to make it even if Floyd wanted it. Why? Cause look at the ****ty way they promote Lara and they still have Canelo.

Sometimes I feel like Lara is overshadowed by Canelo. And I cant believe Im saying this but he would probably be better off with Top Rank. He's with Al Haymon now so lets see if things get better.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Mastrangelo
Paul Williams beat Lara

Rep Power: 10 Mastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfd26 View Post
You right. Floyd would probably not take a fight like this one but Golden Boy would not try to make it even if Floyd wanted it. Why? Cause look at the ****ty way they promote Lara and they still have Canelo.

Sometimes I feel like Lara is overshadowed by Canelo. And I cant believe Im saying this but he would probably be better off with Top Rank. He's with Al Haymon now so lets see if things get better.
That's true, I remember at Laras beginning with Golden Boy when he fought at some Floyds undercard I belive, hbo guys were talking how Oscar is excited about him. I'm sure his career would be in completely different place if Alvarez fought in different weight-class. The same can be said about Rigondeaux and Donaire. Those Cubans have no chance to ever bring really big money, so they are not priority if there's someone with bigger fanbase who can be promoted as well.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:01 PM
boliodogs
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,057,064,005,312.28
Total Points: 12,067,064,094,906.99
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX 

I agree. Lara has a quick untelegraphed straight left and he uses it with good timing and accuracy. I think he would hit Floyd with this punch. A KO win for Lara would be possible. Floyd is slowing down in my opinion, as most 35 year old fighters do. I don't think Floyd would ever take this fight.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:02 PM
PBP
ATG

Rep Power: 33 PBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 440,591,745,204,408.50
Total Points: 440,722,745,459,575.25
how do you not have any gifts yet? you're a good poster - I'm so sorry great posts! - JAB5239 No Message - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega A pleasure to read your insightful comments - techliam 
It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being an ATG poster - jas for a poster who really knows his sh1t - jas Master poster and socio! - CubanGuyNYC 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastrangelo View Post
That's true, I remember at Laras beginning with Golden Boy when he fought at some Floyds undercard I belive, hbo guys were talking how Oscar is excited about him. I'm sure his career would be in completely different place if Alvarez fought in different weight-class. The same can be said about Rigondeaux and Donaire. Those Cubans have no chance to ever bring really big money, so they are not priority if there's someone with bigger fanbase who can be promoted as well.
Hopefully Mayweather Promotions (or Golden Boy, however you look at it) will promote Gamboa well and make him the first true Cuban megastar in the sport. This would pave the way for those that come after him.

It's kind of funny because the job of a promoter is to promote the talent on your roster and help build their fanbases. The fact that they are not doing that with Lara means they are not doing their job well.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Mastrangelo
Paul Williams beat Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBP View Post
Hopefully Mayweather Promotions (or Golden Boy, however you look at it) will promote Gamboa well and make him the first true Cuban megastar in the sport. This would pave the way for those that come after him.

It's kind of funny because the job of a promoter is to promote the talent on your roster and help build their fanbases. The fact that they are not doing that with Lara means they are not doing their job well.
To be fair with them, no matter how much they would promote Lara, he'd never reach the level of recognition and following that Saul Alvarez has being Mexicos most popular fighter.
And Gamboa is 30 already and will continue his career fighting out of his natural weight-class. He'll never be as good at lightweight and higher as he was at 126, i don't see bright future for him.