Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-09-2012, 03:18 AM
nutz_n_ya_face
Banned

Rep Power: 0 nutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these parts
Bank: 28,329.58
Total Points: 66,558.77
Default Why Phillipino fighters and villain Black boxers very popular?

I have noticed that if your Black fighter that plays the bad guy role you get a lot of attention or just being from philippines also very popular.

Everyone wants a piece of Pacquiao, Donaire, Mayweather, now even Bradley when he started playing that villain role.

Where's the love for the Euro's?

Everyone here is going to say it's not a race thing but I'm just stating what I notice.

I'm not saying that Latinos or Mexican fighters aren't popular but mainly that root for them are Mexicans or other Latinos. That's not the case with Pacquiao and Mayweather, any race root for them not just Blacks or Philippines.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-09-2012, 03:23 AM
Panginoon
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Panginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 47,966,493,356.78
Total Points: 47,966,610,587.70
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Telling the truth! - Money_May 

Filipino fighters are very explosive and love to give wars. Same could be said for some Mexican fighters.

The household names go beyond just having nationalistic fans. For instance Pacquiao is loved by all, Americans, Latinos, Asians, AAs, etc.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:25 AM
Dunkeroo23
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Dunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 84,967.12

Um the 4 people you named, Pacquaio, Mayweather, Donaire, and Bradley are all top 10 P4P possibly top 5 P4P boxers

did you ever think it has do with the fact they are top P4P fighters that make them popular?
Old 07-09-2012, 03:29 AM
Panginoon
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Panginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Telling the truth! - Money_May 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkeroo23 View Post
Um the 4 people you named, Pacquaio, Mayweather, Donaire, and Bradley are all top 10 P4P possibly top 5 P4P boxers

did you ever think it has do with the fact they are top P4P fighters that make them popular?
That's not always the case. For instance Gamboa was up there and he's not popular, neither is Bradley or Dawson.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:34 AM
Dunkeroo23
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Dunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond reputeDunkeroo23 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 84,967.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panginoon View Post
That's not always the case. For instance Gamboa was up there and he's not popular, neither is Bradley or Dawson.
point is Pacquiao is popular because he is one of the greatest fighters of this generation. And so is Mayweather. If Pacquiao sucked no one would care about him. I could name you a thousand Filipino boxers out there and a thousand black fighters out there no one gives a shyt about
Old 07-09-2012, 03:38 AM
DoubleDatJab
Banned

Total Points: 14,975.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkeroo23 View Post
point is Pacquiao is popular because he is one of the greatest fighters of this generation. And so is Mayweather. If Pacquiao sucked no one would care about him. I could name you a thousand Filipino boxers out there and a thousand black fighters out there no one gives a shyt about
exactly lol. Pacquaio and Mayweather are the two most popular fighters in the world. Do you think it's also a coincidence they also happen to be the #1 and #2 P4P fighters in the world? Pacquaio and Mayweather aren't popular because theya re Filipino and black, its because they are the 2 best fighters.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:42 AM
Panginoon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDatJab View Post
exactly lol. Pacquaio and Mayweather are the two most popular fighters in the world. Do you think it's also a coincidence they also happen to be the #1 and #2 P4P fighters in the world? Pacquaio and Mayweather aren't popular because theya re Filipino and black, its because they are the 2 best fighters.
true true

but what about guys like Mosley (during prime he was top 3 p4p) and Martinez who's currently top 3 p4p?
Old 07-09-2012, 03:43 AM
LBJ2010
Banned

Rep Power: 0 LBJ2010 is infamous around these partsLBJ2010 is infamous around these partsLBJ2010 is infamous around these partsLBJ2010 is infamous around these partsLBJ2010 is infamous around these partsLBJ2010 is infamous around these partsLBJ2010 is infamous around these partsLBJ2010 is infamous around these partsLBJ2010 is infamous around these partsLBJ2010 is infamous around these partsLBJ2010 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 23,923.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz_n_ya_face View Post
I have noticed that if your Black fighter that plays the bad guy role you get a lot of attention or just being from philippines also very popular.

Everyone wants a piece of Pacquiao, Donaire, Mayweather, now even Bradley when he started playing that villain role.

Where's the love for the Euro's?

Everyone here is going to say it's not a race thing but I'm just stating what I notice.

I'm not saying that Latinos or Mexican fighters aren't popular but mainly that root for them are Mexicans or other Latinos. That's not the case with Pacquiao and Mayweather, any race root for them not just Blacks or Philippines.
idiot. everyone wants a piece of Pac, Donaire, and Mayweather because they are THREE OF THE BEST FIGHTERS IN THE WORLD, not because of their race. the top p4p always will get called out. you think if Pacquaio and Mayweather were scrubs they would still be popular?
Old 07-09-2012, 03:47 AM
DeadLikeMe

Rep Power: 56 DeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 63,435,018,847,020.82
Total Points: 76,620,026,317,257.66
Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab owning pactards - I'm so sorry No Message - MARKBNLV No Message - MARKBNLV 
No Message - MARKBNLV Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - WESS Thanks for the green - damit305 :rofl: :rofl: Your post on triggs thread - jose830 
No Message - WESS 

I think with Mexican and Mexican-American fighters there is such a rich and proud history in boxing that great Mexican fighters aren't really something anyone gets particularly excited about. They're a constant in boxing so nobody is really surprised to see great Mexican fighters. When was the last time there wasn't any Mexican world champions? Exactly. It really takes a guy like Oscar with massive crossover appeal to be a Mexican superstar.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:47 AM
nutz_n_ya_face
Banned

Rep Power: 0 nutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these partsnutz_n_ya_face is infamous around these parts
Bank: 28,329.58
Total Points: 66,558.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ2010 View Post
idiot. everyone wants a piece of Pac, Donaire, and Mayweather because they are THREE OF THE BEST FIGHTERS IN THE WORLD, not because of their race. the top p4p always will get called out. you think if Pacquaio and Mayweather were scrubs they would still be popular?
Sugar Shane Mosley was once the top P4P fighter? but he was soft spoken Black fighter so he wasn't that popular.

My point is correct is that being Black and villain gets a lot of attention.

Please no name calling over the internet. lets not act like internet thugs here please.