Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Is Broner another Jeff Lacy/Danny Jacobs hype job?
Broner is a HYPE JOB 25 28.09%
Broner is the real deal 33 37.08%
Too early in his career to say how good is. 31 34.83%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 07-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Check
On a boat, beeeeotch!

Rep Power: 92 Check has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,866,732,505,285.43
Total Points: 10,866,832,763,761.30
For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan What Wisconsin is famous for. Cheese and wine. - checkmania for the contribution in the 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A viva marquez!!!! - Left Hook Tua Everyman needs a superman logo. - ABOSWORTH 

It cracks me up when people call Danny Jacobs a hype job. What because he was black, american, and put on HBO? Danny hardly was on tv before that and no one was hyping or talking about him at all. He was a prospect that no one knew about or expected anything from.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-10-2012, 06:21 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 48 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,104,779,335,053.47
Total Points: 1,115,379,429,595.42
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

Broner looks good but 130 is a soft division and he is a large 130 pounder. He looks like the goods but I would need to see more against better more diverse oppostion to really fairly assess him.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:25 PM
kill the body
Banned

Rep Power: 0 kill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,606,497,057.44
Total Points: 2,607,143,326.45
drinks on me - kill the body No Message - kill the body black and white sigs, must know ur shit - Primera 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jai mari078 View Post
He is a HYPE JOB, he hasnt fought anyone!!!!! Not to mention he got worked by OLD ASS Ponce and he was given a robbery decision. He will eventually be exposed!!!
So when Manny was knocked out by 2 fighters who achieved nothing did that make him a hype job??

When the great Marquez lost his first fight did that make him a hype job??

Point is in boxing where 2 grown men enter the ring and fight man to man,you may have days where you don't look you best or even lose. Does that mean you can not learn from your flaws and improve and achieve greatness???history has show us champions often emerge from failure.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:28 PM
lefthook2daliva
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 lefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 225,319,412.93
Truth spoken about Khan-Mayweather!!! - Atreyu Khalil Good poster and he knows some boxing! - LoadedWraps STORMTROOPERS!!!!!! - mathed 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

Alot of folks are on Broner about being crass and a loudmouth, and I usually don't like that kinda' fighter much, but I'm thinking alot of his braggadocio might be tongue-in-cheek. Is he just a bigass troll?

As to whether he's a more hype than substance, it's too early for me to be convinced either way, but it should be fun finding out.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:33 PM
sicko
Floyd's Semen Collector

Rep Power: 17 sicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,002,198,904.55
good posts, here's a gift. - chiguy91 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 

Danny Jacobs? I don't even remember him being all that hyped up to be honest...as for Jeff Lacy he had the LOOK but even while he was undefeated I never seen anything "SPECIAL" from that guy...BRONER ON THE OTHER HAND....SPECIAL!

Prepare yourself to hate this kid for a long time because he is going to continue to rise and you idiots on this forum will continue to find reasons to bash him

Hype Job is what Lucian Bute was! A Guy who people was ready to put in the Top 10 P4P despite the fact that he really never fought anybody

What Broner has right now is called a BUZZ...the boxing world is BUZZING ABOUT HIM but I wouldn't say he is close to being "OVERHYPED" maybe over hyped by a few OVERZEALOUS FANS WHO ARE EXCITED ABOUT HIS POTENTIAL but not overdoing it like fukin BUTE FANS WAS

Broner unlike those fighters are actually fighting pretty good Competition, he is just not taking on the very WORSE in his Division like those guys was doing, he fought a guy in Eloy Perez who people had high regards for as well and he was another young up and coming prospects with High Expectations AS WELL

So we will see over the next couple of years, you people who claim to HATE BRONER sure do love talking about the guy I see
Old 12-29-2012, 01:55 AM
Fury
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 29,530,962,925.75
Total Points: 29,530,990,319.22
Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - I'm so sorry 

Yes he is. I see nothing special.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:02 AM
Mayweather41-0
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Mayweather41-0 has a reputation beyond reputeMayweather41-0 has a reputation beyond reputeMayweather41-0 has a reputation beyond reputeMayweather41-0 has a reputation beyond reputeMayweather41-0 has a reputation beyond reputeMayweather41-0 has a reputation beyond reputeMayweather41-0 has a reputation beyond reputeMayweather41-0 has a reputation beyond reputeMayweather41-0 has a reputation beyond reputeMayweather41-0 has a reputation beyond reputeMayweather41-0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,311,551,899.70
Total Points: 25,037,953,582.24
If youre Dorians bro than we are bros too - sigrab jr GUCCI GO BURRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! - Natedatpkid No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 No Message - sweetpea87 
No Message - sweetpea87 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - chiguy91 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - chiguy91 

no Broner is the real deal but his personality is awful
Old 12-29-2012, 02:04 AM
4Corners
THE VIBE

Rep Power: 38 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 200,105,760,807.72
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil go watch the afterfight interview of floyd vs oscar, lol, split decision, lol, floyd was not the clear winner, lol, split decision - Tha_Greatest stop your hatred of European boxers - Freedom. stop your hatred for Mexican boxers - Neutral good poster - joesaiditstrue 
Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA dont stop your hatred for the americutioner, canelo, be afraid for floyd as you are now, lol, this vibrator that floyd used on himself will cheer you up, lol, - j/king, floyd is afraid of canelo by the way - Tha_Greatest Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

Lol at calling Tim Bradley a hype job....
Old 12-29-2012, 02:09 AM
ROSS CALIFORNIA
Tyson fan

Rep Power: 212 ROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,235,359,635,157,542.00
Total Points: 4,235,359,635,157,959.00
No Message - arraamis No Message - arraamis why thanks mate, have a masterful evening - I'm so sorry happy new years man! - HUGH JASS happy new year - FkDaHtrs 
No Message - FkDaHtrs Here you go - ??? to a good friend - Fire and Fear No Message - messenger Awesome member award - jazluvr 
sorry being late - Nemisis No Message - MartinC Ross is the man! - valero Medal of Honor bro for integrity - Tyler_Durden No Message - CounterPunching 
thanks for the quick payment :fing02: - -jose- for your integrity - jazluvr Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden thanks, for the quick payment, who you got for the Cotto/Martinez fight? - -jose- Here's a bottle of vintage,1766 from Sicily.Enjoy. - Scott.Weiland. 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post
Prepare yourself to hate this kid for a long time because he is going to continue to rise and you idiots on this forum will continue to find reasons to bash him
I love that quote.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:12 AM
ROSS CALIFORNIA
Tyson fan

Rep Power: 212 ROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,235,359,635,157,542.00
Total Points: 4,235,359,635,157,959.00
No Message - arraamis No Message - arraamis why thanks mate, have a masterful evening - I'm so sorry happy new years man! - HUGH JASS happy new year - FkDaHtrs 
No Message - FkDaHtrs Here you go - ??? to a good friend - Fire and Fear No Message - messenger Awesome member award - jazluvr 
sorry being late - Nemisis No Message - MartinC Ross is the man! - valero Medal of Honor bro for integrity - Tyler_Durden No Message - CounterPunching 
thanks for the quick payment :fing02: - -jose- for your integrity - jazluvr Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden thanks, for the quick payment, who you got for the Cotto/Martinez fight? - -jose- Here's a bottle of vintage,1766 from Sicily.Enjoy. - Scott.Weiland. 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Yes he is. I see nothing special.
Yet you see something special in Fury. Speaks volumes. lol