Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Is Broner another Jeff Lacy/Danny Jacobs hype job?
Broner is a HYPE JOB 25 28.09%
Broner is the real deal 33 37.08%
Too early in his career to say how good is. 31 34.83%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 07-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Tmann400
The Rangy Counter-Puncher

Rep Power: 12 Tmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 679,198,679.55
Total Points: 2,707,131,082.86
You need a damn gift already - mangler Good post about Wilder. - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA 

Comparing Broner to Lacy and JAcobs even now is ludicrous. Lacy and Jacobs hadn't been in with the same competition Broner's been in with already. It STILL mystifies me how hyped up Lacy was. He was struggling with journeyman level fighters before he even fought Calzaghe. Same thing goes for Jacobs. Broner has already beaten Perez and Litzau, they're no ATG's, but they're formidable opponents.

A lot of people picked Perez to beat Broner, and Broner destroyed him. You can look at the De Leon fight, but I'd say it's pretty obvious that Broner has improved tremendously since then. I think he's already proven he's not a hype job as it is now. The kid is only 22 years old, hasn't even come close to reaching his peak and he looks very good already. So, no. He's not a hype job. Is he THE cream of the crop? We just don't know that yet, but he is no hype job, that's for sure.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Atreyu Khalil
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Atreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,705,822,350.92
Total Points: 2,705,954,114.66
making pactards bow down - I'm so sorry Cheers to you, my good sir! - CubanGuyNYC Reppin that Yay!! - LoadedWraps Back at cha! - EdMon917 some popcorn in. return - jose830 
to wash that popcorn down - jose830 thanks for the gifts... - jose830 Great thread, bro! &quot;GFs and Boxing&quot; - CubanGuyNYC No problem good thread - FirePunch Keep the Ownage up! - Cash Cow 
Cheers! - dan_cov 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post
I don't think so. The kid has real talent and skill.
This right here.......
Old 07-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Atreyu Khalil
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Atreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,705,822,350.92
Total Points: 2,705,954,114.66
making pactards bow down - I'm so sorry Cheers to you, my good sir! - CubanGuyNYC Reppin that Yay!! - LoadedWraps Back at cha! - EdMon917 some popcorn in. return - jose830 
to wash that popcorn down - jose830 thanks for the gifts... - jose830 Great thread, bro! &quot;GFs and Boxing&quot; - CubanGuyNYC No problem good thread - FirePunch Keep the Ownage up! - Cash Cow 
Cheers! - dan_cov 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmann400 View Post
Comparing Broner to Lacy and JAcobs even now is ludicrous. Lacy and Jacobs hadn't been in with the same competition Broner's been in with already. It STILL mystifies me how hyped up Lacy was. He was struggling with journeyman level fighters before he even fought Calzaghe. Same thing goes for Jacobs. Broner has already beaten Perez and Litzau, they're no ATG's, but they're formidable opponents.

A lot of people picked Perez to beat Broner, and Broner destroyed him. You can look at the De Leon fight, but I'd say it's pretty obvious that Broner has improved tremendously since then. I think he's already proven he's not a hype job as it is now. The kid is only 22 years old, hasn't even come close to reaching his peak and he looks very good already. So, no. He's not a hype job. Is he THE cream of the crop? We just don't know that yet, but he is no hype job, that's for sure.
Umm this also!!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:39 PM
savorduhflavor
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 savorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,762,853,489,524.80
Total Points: 1,862,874,775,449.16
Good post in my thread man.  Have a gift. - ABOSWORTH :fing02:  i couldnt remember how it happened but i remember him bleeding from the ear! thanks - mellow_mood I wish more Cotto fans were like you. - street bully Good poster - Old Coward great poster - Dick Buffman 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - VictoriaBeckham 

Outrageous comparison. Neither Lacy or Jacobs had ever shown the kind of skills Broner has. Lacy was garbage from day one, and Jacobs was alwayssss overrated. Dude went from a power puncher to a volume puncher as soon as he stepped up, his power was never real and he never had the skills needed to succeed without one punch power.

Broner's power is very real, he's defensively responsible, and most importantly he knows how to apply his skills.

He will be P4P top 10 in a year and a half, people may want to hate on him cause of his wannabe Floyd tendencies and I can understand that, but the kid is for real talent wise.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Sweet_Pea
Amateur

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 459.09

I don't see how Jacobs was a hypejob...simply a prospect who lost when he went up in class...I doubt anyone was THAT high on him...

I don't think Broner is "great" but I think he's better than just about anyone around his weight...we won't know for sure though til he fights someone else on or at least close to his level...
Old 07-10-2012, 11:12 AM
SPREAD
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 SPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 5,035,754.03

Lacy was a hype job

Jacobs was a prospect who was KO'd by a dude who would give Sergio a run for his money in the early rounds. No shame there, his Guardian Gran died that week, give the guy a break.

Broner's good not great........yet, too early to tell.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:21 AM
#1Assassin
Conveyor of Truth

Rep Power: 28 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,927,942,751.97
Total Points: 18,012,212,506.20
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 
great advice in training forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fix View Post
We've seen a lot of hyped up fighters in recent years who ultimately failed to live up to that hype... The US possibly offering the most hype jobs in Jeff Lacy, Danny Jacobs, Timothy Bradley, James Kirkland, Kelly Pavlik etc.. With Europe's offerings including Lucian Bute and Robert Helenius to name a few.

Is Broner another hype job or do you think he could be the real deal?
pavlik, bradley and bute arent hypejobs, they were overrated perhaps but they are all world class fighters who have atleast good resumes and meaningful title reigns. kirkland beat good fighters too, he might be overrated but hes no hypejob. he can fight. broner already proved himself to be much better than jacobs, helenius and lacy.

you dont seem to know what a hypejob is my friend. but to answer the question broner is a solid fighter with chances to be a great fighter. we dont know that just yet, but i dont see how anyone can watch him fight and say hes not a good fighter.

Last edited by #1Assassin; 07-10-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 54 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,935,846,894,069.24
Total Points: 3,181,847,120,310.34
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

He's better than Lacy and Jacobs, which isn't saying much.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:53 AM
$mannyFresh
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 $mannyFresh is a splendid one to behold$mannyFresh is a splendid one to behold$mannyFresh is a splendid one to behold$mannyFresh is a splendid one to behold$mannyFresh is a splendid one to behold$mannyFresh is a splendid one to behold$mannyFresh is a splendid one to behold
Total Points: 1,020,524,430.34
No Message - Robin Hood 

He's got some work to do to deserve the hype he's getting from some.

Personally, I don't he him going too far. It looks like his handlers' goal with him is to win belts in different divisions and will take the same path all these other fighters are taking to reach it.

This "champion in X weight classes" nonsense has gotten out of hand.

They don't fight the best and conveniently keep moving up to avoid good fighters.

IMO, a fighter deserves a lot more credit for collecting all the titles in his class and defending against the best.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:59 AM
tredh
Undisputed Champion

Location: a place where white women were scared when they saw me a black man wearing OJ style leather gloves!!
Rep Power: 21 tredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 45,074,395,544.30
Total Points: 45,074,407,906.87
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil TO THE U!! - the mesiah 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathed View Post
Dude is going to lose and fade away. His socks are as ghey as his personality, he makes me sick to listen to him....his team is a burden who rides on his coat tails talking worthless nonsense like it's the gospel.....they compare him to Floyd like he is Floyd's son. He loses within his next 3 fights.
Trying to bet 10Mill the bold doesn't happen?