Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-06-2012, 02:45 AM
BIGPOPPAPUMP
Big Bad Booty Daddy

Rep Power: 200000 BIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,502,086,213,516.20
A gift from boxinglibrary.com - vze2hhvj 16k posts. cheers - MELLY-MEL... To our dad. Thanks for looking after us! - S a m u r a i Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus 
Cheers, to the servers BPP! - mangler unban kev183 - Kevin Jesus Thanks for all u du Pops! - jazluvr For the Sam Tribute thread! Thanks Pops! - jazluvr Our Boxingscene father, who art in heaven.... - Disposable Arts 
A Medal For Boxing Scenes Father...... ;-) nyargles! - BritishBoxing92 Apple for Pump - Poor Lad Enjoy your Parallelogram - Spray_resistant Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
.........no homo - MANIAC310 for the amazing job you do reporting the boxing news! - jose830 happy holidays Popa! - jazluvr To wipe yourself down with after Reeno's sprayed his seed up you - !! Anorak Kudos to responding to the trolling!  Seeing your pic of Mayweather on the throne has become a daily routine for me. - Trudoe 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Butterball Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Grand Champ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigpauly Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 
Post Comments Thread For: One More Round For Heavyweight Tony Thompson

By Thomas Gerbasi - Imagine a world where 40-year old Tony Thompson is THE heavyweight champion of the world, the man who defeated Wladimir Klitschko and brought the most glamorous title in boxing back to the United States.

Would it be Buster Douglas-esque to see such a thing happen this Saturday in Berne, Switzerland? Maybe to boxing diehards, and maybe to those outside of the US, but not to the general sporting public that treats the heavyweight championship of the world as something that disappeared along with Ali, Tyson, and Holyfield.

But who cares what those who donít care about boxing think about what happens in our insular little community? For me, Saturday holds the possibility that something special may occur in a sport that could use all the special moments it can get, one not tainted by performance enhancing drugs, jail sentences being served by the best boxer in the world, or all the other distractions that have a habit of taking away from what happens in the ring. [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-06-2012, 03:39 AM
damned1974
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 damned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 315,591.47

The title says it all-ONE MORE ROUND....that's probably about how long it will last.lol
Old 07-06-2012, 03:54 AM
Tmann400
The Rangy Counter-Puncher

Rep Power: 12 Tmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 679,198,679.55
Total Points: 2,707,116,399.86
You need a damn gift already - mangler Good post about Wilder. - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA 

Great article. I understand to an extent peoples points about this fight being stupid. Yes, Thompson lost by stoppage the first time around. But, I think alot of people, fans, writers and bookies are reading too much into this fight on paper. But, if you take the time to re-watch the first fight with a non-biased viewpoint, you will see this wasn't the one sided slaughter-fest so many have made it out to be.

Thompson was not only in the fight for the vast majority of it, he was pushing Klitschko, landed some very nice body shots, decent clean straight lefts and right hooks to the body and head, and not only was he outworking Klitschko for a lot of the fight, he had out-landed Klitschko 150-121, and had a better connect rate then Klitschko as well, landing at 37%. And was the first fighter in Wladimir Klitschko's ENTIRE career to land more then 18 punches on him in a single round. But, Tony not only did it in one round, he did it for a few rounds in a row. Yet Tony is a "bum".

Once again, yes Thompson indeed ultimately lost the fight, but given all these things I've just mentioned, what exactly makes this SO bad and pointless as people are making it out to be? As of right NOW, I literally can't think of anyone in the division who would give Klitschko a better challenge. As this writer mentioned, Mitchell and Fury are nowhere near ready for this level, and the same thing goes for the other decent prospects. Povetkin has been ducking and dodging Wlad for years more or less, and given his size and how poor he's looked lately it's hard to imagine him being that big of a challenge.

Another thing people have been harping on about, Thompson's age. Yes, he IS 40 years old. But, that number is deceiving. Thompson didn't even start boxing until he was 28 years old. He's only been boxing for 12 years, that sounds like a long time but it's really not especially given how late he started. Yet, no one really thinks or mentions of Wladimir's age. Wladimir has been just a professional fighter alone for 16 years, and that's not counting all his time in the amateurs. He is now 36 years old, and is heading into his 61st professional fight. IMO, he was actually at his physical peak when he first fought Thompson, at 32 years of age. I believe he's coming down from his peak now, given he's heading into his late 30's, and has been fighting for so long at this level. Your body will eventually slow down.

I'm not saying Thompson is going to go out there and win the fight, and I'm not saying Klitschko will go out there and dominate, but what I am saying, is that people are making too many assumptions and looking at this fight on paper way, way too much. This fight will be much tougher then people are thinking.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:26 AM
nycsmooth
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 nycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 44,672.26
No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 
No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 
No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 you deserve a kick for your stupid posts - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - S~T~J Gay and Lesbian Pride - S~T~J 

can't understand what qualifies TT 4 another shot unless it was the last victory over Mo Harris, a real threat...this division is so void of talent, 2 give a non-deserving 40 yr old a shot sums it up...
Old 07-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Alx.
King of Aesthetics

Rep Power: 16 Alx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 113,935,713,575,050.22
Total Points: 113,940,913,852,073.95
Gift - eddie_monster Drink up - ??? Blue parallelogram 4 u sir - Russian Crushin Blue parallelogram for you to try out - ??? No Message - chiguy91 
Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Write down what youre gonna say to her and rehearse the lines - EngorgedW/Blood Angus burger homey - MANGLER Cheers - BulgariasFinest Thanks. - WarriorSoul 
No Message - Dorian back at ya - Rapid Counter thanks. and like wise bruh. - AntonTheMedium Wow, thanks bro. Right back at ya. - BulgariasFinest Top poster! - Money_May 
merry christmas - the collector Happy holidays bro! - led* Knowledge is power, I need a shower. - Master Cvnt Cheers to that bro - ted*. thanks mask man - Honey Team 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - arraamis Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - chiguy91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - rorymac Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - codey World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

noone else willing to fight wlad, props to tt
Old 07-06-2012, 08:17 AM
yoz
Yoz

Rep Power: 35 yoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 668,321,884,769,905.75
Total Points: 715,321,884,779,740.75
Mayweather vs Cotto: Predictor Champion. - Barnburner ye old good poster egg - Earl Hickey Thank you - codey For quick payment - FkDaHtrs For quick payment - FkDaHtrs 
Happy Christmas amigo - chav Good and objective poster! - Simurgh To put on when you suck the mods' collective cocks! - Arsene Knows Yoz...cool like the other side of the pillow - JAB5239 Merry Christmas &amp; Happy New Year - Freedom2013 
Merry Christmas! =] Thanks for the green k too! =] - Tyler_Durden little cunt put me on ignore, lol. - Weltschmerz pretend it's lennox you queer - Weltschmerz kick this faqqot - Weltschmerz thanks man - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Thanks for the tip...lol - jazluvr smear this in your ugly face and suck a fat c0ck, slut - Rammstein 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - FkDaHtrs Childhood Cancer - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs 

My 50m to your 1m Wlad>Thompson.

Anyone?
Old 07-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Hougigo
Streets Ahead

Rep Power: 98 Hougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,231,876,421,107.24
Total Points: 13,241,938,150,245.14
thanks bro........... - bigsmoothh Bradley Tribe!! - mathed Bradley Tribe all day... - Rome-By-Ko For the real man of steel, Timothy Bradley. -Bradley Tribe - SnakeVen0m Bradley Tribe - mathed 
Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega Great poster, always look forward to your posts - techliam No Message - MDPopescu Great sig pic - Boxing Goat 
WAR Bradley! - LoadedWraps STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed Easter is approaching so here's an Easter Egg for being a HOF poster - jas To a valiant warrior. - DonMega 
Mount up#The Tribe - Rome-By-Ko a beer for an atg poster - jas To a great poster and fellow Trooper! - LoadedWraps GGG. - Scott.Weiland Great poster :love: - Beercules 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmann400 View Post
Great article. I understand to an extent peoples points about this fight being stupid. Yes, Thompson lost by stoppage the first time around. But, I think alot of people, fans, writers and bookies are reading too much into this fight on paper. But, if you take the time to re-watch the first fight with a non-biased viewpoint, you will see this wasn't the one sided slaughter-fest so many have made it out to be.

Thompson was not only in the fight for the vast majority of it, he was pushing Klitschko, landed some very nice body shots, decent clean straight lefts and right hooks to the body and head, and not only was he outworking Klitschko for a lot of the fight, he had out-landed Klitschko 150-121, and had a better connect rate then Klitschko as well, landing at 37%. And was the first fighter in Wladimir Klitschko's ENTIRE career to land more then 18 punches on him in a single round. But, Tony not only did it in one round, he did it for a few rounds in a row. Yet Tony is a "bum".

Once again, yes Thompson indeed ultimately lost the fight, but given all these things I've just mentioned, what exactly makes this SO bad and pointless as people are making it out to be? As of right NOW, I literally can't think of anyone in the division who would give Klitschko a better challenge. As this writer mentioned, Mitchell and Fury are nowhere near ready for this level, and the same thing goes for the other decent prospects. Povetkin has been ducking and dodging Wlad for years more or less, and given his size and how poor he's looked lately it's hard to imagine him being that big of a challenge.

Another thing people have been harping on about, Thompson's age. Yes, he IS 40 years old. But, that number is deceiving. Thompson didn't even start boxing until he was 28 years old. He's only been boxing for 12 years, that sounds like a long time but it's really not especially given how late he started. Yet, no one really thinks or mentions of Wladimir's age. Wladimir has been just a professional fighter alone for 16 years, and that's not counting all his time in the amateurs. He is now 36 years old, and is heading into his 61st professional fight. IMO, he was actually at his physical peak when he first fought Thompson, at 32 years of age. I believe he's coming down from his peak now, given he's heading into his late 30's, and has been fighting for so long at this level. Your body will eventually slow down.

I'm not saying Thompson is going to go out there and win the fight, and I'm not saying Klitschko will go out there and dominate, but what I am saying, is that people are making too many assumptions and looking at this fight on paper way, way too much. This fight will be much tougher then people are thinking.
quoted, cuz I read it.... your writing was not for nothing.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Tmann400

Rep Power: 12 Tmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond repute
You need a damn gift already - mangler Good post about Wilder. - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
quoted, cuz I read it.... your writing was not for nothing.
Lol, I appreciate it. I was more so just typing all that out partially to vent, and express my opinion and if anyone happened to read it, cool.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Hougigo
Streets Ahead

Rep Power: 98 Hougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,231,876,421,107.24
Total Points: 13,241,938,150,245.14
thanks bro........... - bigsmoothh Bradley Tribe!! - mathed Bradley Tribe all day... - Rome-By-Ko For the real man of steel, Timothy Bradley. -Bradley Tribe - SnakeVen0m Bradley Tribe - mathed 
Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega Great poster, always look forward to your posts - techliam No Message - MDPopescu Great sig pic - Boxing Goat 
WAR Bradley! - LoadedWraps STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed Easter is approaching so here's an Easter Egg for being a HOF poster - jas To a valiant warrior. - DonMega 
Mount up#The Tribe - Rome-By-Ko a beer for an atg poster - jas To a great poster and fellow Trooper! - LoadedWraps GGG. - Scott.Weiland Great poster :love: - Beercules 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmann400 View Post
Lol, I appreciate it. I was more so just typing all that out partially to vent, and express my opinion and if anyone happened to read it, cool.
I saw a post earlier about how Thompson seemed un-enthusiastic about this fight and his training.
Of course I don't know how much I should trust it because they just joined this month and they said word of mouth.... but, it did plant a seed of doubt. Any word on how his camp went?
Old 07-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Tmann400

I'm not part of his camp or anything, so I don't know. I have seen interviews and a video on youtube of him seeing a doctor, the doctor checked his stress levels and his overall health and everything. That summed up with him appearing to be in good shape and coming in the lightest of his career in 5 years, he weighs less then he did in the first fight, pretty much tells me he's taken this very seriously.