Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Global Boxing Scene
Thread Navigation

Old 06-10-2012, 09:24 AM
typeone
Tell's It How It Is......

Rep Power: 13 typeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,474,232.69
Total Points: 22,738,678.26
Merry Crimbo lad - The Surgeon Female? In that case u will need this! - The Surgeon 
Angry Manny Vs Bradley...Disgrace

Again boxing as a sport has been rocked again by a ridiculous decision. I dont know how to put into words the sadness that I'm feeling for which was once our great sport!
Boxing has been made to look cheap, And dirty once again..

I dont really feel the need to go through what was my opinion round by round as anyone who is a true boxing fan would not struggle to see the true winner!

There is speculation to who fixed this fight and for what ever reason, I am for one, with you all in searching for the people involved in fixing this fight...But the truth is we are never going to get the answers. So we are left Angry and frustrated to what is happening to boxing?

Let's put it to them as the scum that are in charge of boxing are unable to make the right decisions to prevent bent fights like this taking place again..

They should

Have a professional panel show this fight again and rip it a part round by round let's tell it how it is, So the world can see it, let's not brush it under the carpet and pretend it didn't happen it's a disgrace and we won't stand for it..

Prevent the rematch being in Vegas

Eliminate any judge that scored this fight discracfully," by eliminate I don't mean kill just kick them out the sport"

Show the rematch for free, As Manny got robbed but so did all the paying fans on pay per view..if its not for free don't order it period.

Grrrr this is a black day for the sport once again

And I for one think Arum is behind it all...If he's not and he's good for the sport what measure is he going to push for....

Last edited by typeone; 06-10-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-10-2012, 09:47 AM
King of Anal
Banned

Rep Power: 0 King of Anal is a jewel in the roughKing of Anal is a jewel in the roughKing of Anal is a jewel in the roughKing of Anal is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 135,783.77

hmm I had 200 on manny to win... I am sickened
Old 06-10-2012, 09:48 AM
King of Anal
Banned

Rep Power: 0 King of Anal is a jewel in the roughKing of Anal is a jewel in the roughKing of Anal is a jewel in the roughKing of Anal is a jewel in the rough
Total Points: 135,783.77

Arum had rematch on his mind i think... its all he has left to keep manny fighting in house fighters
Old 06-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Mastrangelo
Paul Williams beat Lara

Rep Power: 10 Mastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,825,269,380,861.30
Total Points: 958,435,267,730,220.62
thanks for the fight...cheers! - joe strong 

I thought Manny won, I had it 116:112 for him, but it wasn't a robbery. People are just crying like always when they can't understand things. Pacquiao was giving away 2 and half minutes of almost every rounds and then would just explode with couple flurries. I thought it was enough to win him the rounds, but some of them were very close so I can very well understand judges thinking otherwise.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,000,072,776.86
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas one of the greats - jas 

Its a business NOT a SPORT! A very dirty business that I personally didn't want to be a part of anymore, I walked completely in 1988 and I miss the fighters greatly but the inner workings of the game is a disgrace and it always was!! Ray Corso

Only the fans can save the game now, boycott the pay per views and bring the sanctioning bodies and promotors down to earth and be made accountable for their actions. Lets see what the real fans are made of!!!

Pac 9 rounds to 3 for Tim! No way did Tim win the fight, No Way!

Last edited by Ray Corso; 06-10-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:34 AM
typeone
Tell's It How It Is......

Rep Power: 13 typeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond reputetypeone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,474,232.69
Total Points: 22,738,678.26
Merry Crimbo lad - The Surgeon Female? In that case u will need this! - The Surgeon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastrangelo View Post
I thought Manny won, I had it 116:112 for him, but it wasn't a robbery. People are just crying like always when they can't understand things. Pacquiao was giving away 2 and half minutes of almost every rounds and then would just explode with couple flurries. I thought it was enough to win him the rounds, but some of them were very close so I can very well understand judges thinking otherwise.
I totally understand things, what was Bradley doing in the first 2 mins of the rounds then? As for crying Mmmmm I didnt mind would have won this fight, So it's got nothing to do with favouring one fighter over the other...I think maybe that your not actually understanding what I am getting at..

This was a bent fight IMO I can't find an Angle to try and make it right, chilling out for the first 2 mins of a round is not the answer IMO as bradley must of been doing the same??????

Copy box figures don't lie either..
Old 06-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Mastrangelo
Paul Williams beat Lara

Rep Power: 10 Mastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,825,269,380,861.30
Total Points: 958,435,267,730,220.62
thanks for the fight...cheers! - joe strong 

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeone View Post
I totally understand things, what was Bradley doing in the first 2 mins of the rounds then? As for crying Mmmmm I didnt mind would have won this fight, So it's got nothing to do with favouring one fighter over the other...I think maybe that your not actually understanding what I am getting at..

This was a bent fight IMO I can't find an Angle to try and make it right, chilling out for the first 2 mins of a round is not the answer IMO as bradley must of been doing the same??????
I didn't say you are biased. I said people are crying, what I used as replacement for loudly complain, because they can't understand that some people will see the things differently. Bradley was blocking and slipping much more punches from Pacquiao than HBO team was giving him credit for.
I'm not saying that Bradley was overwhelming Pacquiao in those 2 minuts of Pacs lazyness, but I think he was doing more than him. Then, in the exchanges PAcquiao had an adventage most of a times and now the question is, was this adventage bigger than Bradleys adventage in quiet parts of a rounds? I think he did, but it's not like only Pacquiao was landing when they were trading, as most of people seem to believe, so I can very well understand judges disagreeing with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeone View Post
Copy box figures don't lie either..
Don't be naive. How do you think they count those punches? They just sit and count, just like you and me could do. And you think it's easy to count landed punches when both guys are exchanging the way Pacquiao and Bradley did? It's 50% guessing in those kind of fights. Compuboxing stats are ridiculous at times, I stopped putting any attention to it some time ago and I suggest you doing the same thing.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:38 PM
spursbob
Amateur

Total Points: 3,440.95

Boxing is dead to me. I'll never watch another fight again. Pac. needs to come out and state he was robbed and disagrees with the decision else I will suspect he is involved too. It makes me wonder if all decisions are rigged so everything before might not count either. RIP boxing.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:20 PM
albyboxing
Amateur

Total Points: 351.95

I want to say I'll never watch boxing again. But a part of me is now interested in what they will do next lol
Old 06-10-2012, 01:26 PM
albyboxing
Amateur

Total Points: 351.95

A great read: The reaction to the fight. Wow!

http://www.gymclassallstars.com/2012...acquiao-v.html

/snippet
In the end, who loses with this bullsh*t? The true supporters and fans of boxing. To put it simply, there is absolutely no credibility anymore. For those wondering, the rematch has already been set: November 10th -- and apparently the third match to complete the trilogy is in the works as well.