Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 89 Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 456,037,917,527,337.06
Total Points: 456,037,917,528,666.06
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
10 years... impressive :beerchug: - jose830 Congrats on 10 years. - deanrw To a well-read member - -Weltschmerz- No Message - Run 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflo777 View Post
Did they ever say they want to charge him in the US? Or is that just rumors? It is also said he would be extradited to America in Sweden, that is also just a rumor.
There has been appointed a commission in the US which has been conducting investigations as to the potential for charging him in the US (which entails extradition).

There have been public calls from US politicians to persecute him.

I would suggest you check the justification given by the Ecuadorian Foreign Minister, which was very thorough as to the reasons for granting asylum. The article I posted above is an okay primer as well, but it's just an opinion piece (I'd suggest reading it at the Guardian website, as there are links to sources included in the text). The Ecuadorian FM gave about a 20 or so minute explanation of the reasoning for the asylum ruling. Regarding the "rumors" of extradition from Sweden, as the FM said (to paraphrase), were he to be sent to Sweden, it would initiate a chain of events in which he would have no further recourse to prevent his extradition to the US.

In essence, the Ecuadorians judged that Assange's fears of political persecution, up to and including potential life imprisonment, being imprisoned without due process, etc. were warranted.

And let me reiterate, I am of course just a person commenting and posting stories on a message board, who is in no way whatsoever involved in these very real political events. These are events with considerable implications. If you really want answers to whichever questions you harbor, the best advice is to seek out answers for yourself and form your own interpretations.

Last edited by Virgil Caine; 08-17-2012 at 11:21 AM..
Old 08-17-2012, 06:41 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Rep Power: 214 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1.76
Total Points: 2,140,326,051,036.17
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodogoshi View Post
When the Guardian comments section speaks the whole world listens. Because the Guardian comments section is totally without political bias.

Oh and he faces charges of espionage in the US, not treason. But espionage is still a capital crime... which I believe would mean that Sweden would be prohibited by EU law from allowing his extradition to America. The EU forbids extradition to the US unless a guarantee is made that the death penalty will not be imposed or carried out.

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/uedoc...jha/110727.pdf

The best thing about Ecuador is their dedication to human rights. Unless you happen to live near oil and then you have none.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:06 PM
The Tase
Banned

Rep Power: 0 The Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,910,687,908,228.25
Total Points: 1,910,688,997,770.09
i remember this mofo "rif raf" from this old show called from G's to gents :lol1: he's afocking waste of space...thanks for the green! - jose830 A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 on me - sugarsmosley I hear you lad - Rocky... wears his heart on his sleeve - jas 

somebody explain this to me, is he being sought for the rape charge and or because of wikileaks?

could be national security agencies making trump up charges in order to destroy his credibility.

Im surprised Iran or North Korea didnt embrace him with open arms.

What are peoples's opinion of assange?

Rebel with a cause or just a plain old criminal?
Old 08-17-2012, 08:15 PM
devildg
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 devildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 214.14
Total Points: 2,077,942.50

Is there a way out to extract Assange from the embassy? I'd work to possibly smuggle him into a cargo plane.

The Ecuadorians are probably getting the run around from the Brits right now in terms of the so called "negotiating"
Old 08-17-2012, 08:24 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Rep Power: 214 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMB View Post
somebody explain this to me, is he being sought for the rape charge and or because of wikileaks?

could be national security agencies making trump up charges in order to destroy his credibility.

Im surprised Iran or North Korea didnt embrace him with open arms.

What are peoples's opinion of assange?

Rebel with a cause or just a plain old criminal?
From what I can tell the charges are bull****. Not because of Wikileaks but because of a curious interpretation of "rape" under Swedish law in which someone who has sex with a woman without a condom can be charged with sexual assault if the female said she didn't consent to unprotected sex. It seems that Assange was getting it on with two women unprotected and they didn't care until they found out about each other. They then made filed a complaint.

So the charges are legit, they just wouldn't apply under most jurisdictions.

I think he would beat the charges but would face extradition to the US.

Where does Ecuador come into this? I guess Venezuela won silver in the "save Assange and make the first world look stupid" olympics.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Mike Tyson77
Time's a flat circle

Rep Power: 88 Mike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 22,960,693,731.92
Happy New Year - Freedom. Never left a man behind - Unknown Champ the whipping boy's done wrong! - - v e t - Thanks and YW ya crazy sumbtch - Jim Jeffries Brew back at you. Salud. - Sweet Pea 50 
cheers!!! - jose830 one more - jose830 Thanks, junk foods on me. Munch up!! - Terrel Here, take mine, I drink too god damned much anyhow - Dye you and me both - Frogs! 
have a fish first - Frogs! Happy birthday - ShaunRoberts Happy B-day.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy Birthday bro! - jose830 birthday pint m8 - the collector 
Happy birfday, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 Happy Birthday - jaded Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 14000 post! - jose830 When Gotham is ashes...then you have my permission to die! - LoadedWraps 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Mannie Phresh World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

Trust me, if the U.S. government wants someone bad enough, theyll send SEAL team 6 to get them....and "get" them they will.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:10 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
Trust me, if the U.S. government wants someone bad enough, theyll send SEAL team 6 to get them....and "get" them they will.
Sorry, we didn't quite need to baseless opinion of a stupid uneducated yahoo yet. Why not wait and we'll let you know by message when we need you.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Mike Tyson77
Time's a flat circle

Rep Power: 88 Mike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 22,960,693,731.92
Happy New Year - Freedom. Never left a man behind - Unknown Champ the whipping boy's done wrong! - - v e t - Thanks and YW ya crazy sumbtch - Jim Jeffries Brew back at you. Salud. - Sweet Pea 50 
cheers!!! - jose830 one more - jose830 Thanks, junk foods on me. Munch up!! - Terrel Here, take mine, I drink too god damned much anyhow - Dye you and me both - Frogs! 
have a fish first - Frogs! Happy birthday - ShaunRoberts Happy B-day.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy Birthday bro! - jose830 birthday pint m8 - the collector 
Happy birfday, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 Happy Birthday - jaded Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 14000 post! - jose830 When Gotham is ashes...then you have my permission to die! - LoadedWraps 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Mannie Phresh World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
Sorry, we didn't quite need to baseless opinion of a stupid uneducated yahoo yet. Why not wait and we'll let you know by message when we need you.

I know much more than you when it comes to U.S. Military.

Ill let you in on something, I cant say too much but this. the Navy SEALs arent really the best spec op unit we have. We have several other Black Ops units that the public does not know about. Now some of these guys are picked from SEALS,Rangers,Delta. They go through years more of training and all records of them are removed. They do all kinds of things that the U.S. cant go on the record to claim. Assassinations of threats to U.S. security and such.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:54 AM
Superflo777
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 Superflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 285,478,306,085.59
Total Points: 285,581,496,011.94
Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodogoshi View Post
There has been appointed a commission in the US which has been conducting investigations as to the potential for charging him in the US (which entails extradition).

There have been public calls from US politicians to persecute him.

I would suggest you check the justification given by the Ecuadorian Foreign Minister, which was very thorough as to the reasons for granting asylum. The article I posted above is an okay primer as well, but it's just an opinion piece (I'd suggest reading it at the Guardian website, as there are links to sources included in the text). The Ecuadorian FM gave about a 20 or so minute explanation of the reasoning for the asylum ruling. Regarding the "rumors" of extradition from Sweden, as the FM said (to paraphrase), were he to be sent to Sweden, it would initiate a chain of events in which he would have no further recourse to prevent his extradition to the US.

In essence, the Ecuadorians judged that Assange's fears of political persecution, up to and including potential life imprisonment, being imprisoned without due process, etc. were warranted.

And let me reiterate, I am of course just a person commenting and posting stories on a message board, who is in no way whatsoever involved in these very real political events. These are events with considerable implications. If you really want answers to whichever questions you harbor, the best advice is to seek out answers for yourself and form your own interpretations.
An Ecuadorian politician saying he would be extradited from Sweden is not a good enough source for me, sorry. All there is is just rumors which are treated like facts about Sweden wanting to bring him to America, which is blatantly unproven. All he would have had to do is go to Sweden and answer some questions to the investigators, the "rape" case is a joke anyway and he wouldn't be convicted of anything. And that Assange is doing business with the Russian government and their propaganda TV channel Russia Today, the same government that is arresting gays for saying being gay is okay, shows me all I need to know about this man.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:41 AM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
I know much more than you when it comes to U.S. Military.

Ill let you in on something, I cant say too much but this. the Navy SEALs arent really the best spec op unit we have. We have several other Black Ops units that the public does not know about. Now some of these guys are picked from SEALS,Rangers,Delta. They go through years more of training and all records of them are removed. They do all kinds of things that the U.S. cant go on the record to claim. Assassinations of threats to U.S. security and such.
Oh yeah, I think I heard of those guys as well. Where did I hear of them? Hmm. Oh yeah, I remember! In the Call of Duty Black Ops video game!

Yeah there's a difference between a night-time raid on a Pakistani compound near the Afghan border and violating the sovereignty of both Ecuador's embassy and your number one ally Great Britain by sending special military ops into a building in the middle of one of the biggest cities in the world after an extremely high profile media target.

If we wanted him badly enough we could get him, but to do so would be a bit of a diplomatic nightmare. This is a political situation, not a military one. But then again you're a gun-obsessed basket case so naturally you assume that any problem can be solved with enough shooty men.