Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#31
Old 06-19-2012, 02:41 AM
lacson
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 441
Rep Power: 6 lacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,020,905.67
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,020,905.67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion4ever View Post
To be honest, the Pacquiao/Bradley fight was so close and could've gone either way; Depending on one's like or dislike of the other fighter. In truth, the fight was so boring at times that neither fighter deserved or had done enough in my judgement, to justifiably state a claim of robbery. All the official judges were just a swing round or two of each other which confirms my point; 5-7, 7-5 and 7-5. I admit that Bradley implemented a very good defensive strategy but at the same time, he threw punches very wildly, which did not land as did Manny Pacquiao. However, according to two of the official judges scorecards, Timmy probably wanted it just a little bit more than Manny and perhaps had done just little bit more in the fight as well in order to seal the victory.
Delusional noob. 11-1 Pacquiao.
Reply With Quote
lacson is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#32
Old 06-19-2012, 02:46 AM
lacson
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 441
Rep Power: 6 lacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,020,905.67
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,020,905.67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primera View Post
because that one was an actual robbery
The only common denominator on those two fights is that Pacquiao out punched both. At least against Marquez it was competitive. Bradley had pu$$y punches, couldn't hurt Pacquiao with even one punch.
Reply With Quote
lacson is offline
#33
Old 06-19-2012, 02:51 AM
T-Rav
Amateur
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22
Rep Power: 0 T-Rav is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 3,931.42
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,931.42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh you out son View Post
100% true. if you gave bradley more than 4 rounds you know nothing about boxing. it was not a close fight which is why every sportswriter and essentially all fans (minus massive pac haters) thought pac clearly won.

when you have famous black people that support black athletes strongly like busta rhymes saying bradley should give the belt back, that tells you something. when the mayweathers say pac won that is more than strong evidence lol. and when bradley's friend and fellow african american boxer says that pacquiao won clearly and bradley should give the belt back ... well there is nothing left to be said.

so if you are one of the very small minority than thought bradley won, or even that the fight was very close, you need to re-evaluate your intelligence and sanity. either that or forget your racist hate to the small little asian (this is a big one)
Exactly! Very well put. When you have two men who are extremely partial to Floyd Mayweather Jr. say that Pacquiao clearly won, then that is saying something. I think the Nevada Athletic Comission dropped the ball on this one. They used the most dependable judge, Dave Moretti, on the undercard instead of the main event! And then they had the nerve to throw in CJ Ross, when there are clearly more qualified female judges out there like Harold Lederman's daughter, Julie Lederman.
Reply With Quote
T-Rav is offline
#34
Old 06-19-2012, 02:53 AM
lacson
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 441
Rep Power: 6 lacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond reputelacson has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,020,905.67
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,020,905.67
Default

I think every pro boxer that gave their opinion had Pacquiao winning by a blowout.

The only ones giving Bradley a nod are old senile judges and four-eyed keyboard warriors. Who by the time they've watched the replays ten times had gone from a close fight to Bradley giving boxing lessons to Bradley winning a blowout.
Reply With Quote
lacson is offline
#35
Old 06-19-2012, 02:59 AM
jvsnypes
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Easton,MD
Age: 42
Posts: 1,262
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 10 jvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,000,034,123.41
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,034,123.41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh you out son View Post
100% true. if you gave bradley more than 4 rounds you know nothing about boxing. it was not a close fight which is why every sportswriter and essentially all fans (minus massive pac haters) thought pac clearly won.

when you have famous black people that support black athletes strongly like busta rhymes saying bradley should give the belt back, that tells you something. when the mayweathers say pac won that is more than strong evidence lol. and when bradley's friend and fellow african american boxer says that pacquiao won clearly and bradley should give the belt back ... well there is nothing left to be said.

so if you are one of the very small minority than thought bradley won, or even that the fight was very close, you need to re-evaluate your intelligence and sanity. either that or forget your racist hate to the small little asian (this is a big one)
Just because Ward and Busta are African Americans don't mean they speak for all African Americans. They definitely don't speak for me. I thought Bradley won 115-114. The problem is...the judges got it right this time. That's why it was close on all 3 score cards. As a judge you have to judge on stricly what you see in the ring. They can't let the crowd influence them evrytime Manny throws a punch and the crowd goes crazy no matter if it landed or not. The Manny's fans judge with their hearts. The crowd pays good money so they judge by the guy that seems more entertaining. Fans at home are influenced by the crowd noise and the biased commentating.As judges, they have to look at both fighters as nobodys. It doesn't matter to them that its the great MANNY PACQUIAO that's getting outboxed.

Take away your personal motives and the fact that you may have lost money on this fight. Turn the volume completely down. Now watch the fight. Its amazing how different it is now to the eye. Now all of a sudden, you can actually see Manny getting frustrated in this fight. Now you can actually see that Bradley was never hurt by any punch. Now you can see the jabs and the body shots that Bradley landed. Now you can see how bad Bradley was making Manny miss. Who landed the bigger harder shots? Manny. He's the harder puncher. Who displayed true all around boxing skill throughout the fight? Bradley. What's the name of this great sport we love??? BOXING!!! No, Bradley didn't make the crowd jump out their seats, no he wasn't that exciting. But on June 9th, he quietly outboxed the legendary Manny Pacquiao. If it was Floyd Mayweather in there with Manny, the reaction would have been completely different. Your eyes would allow you to believe what you were seeing. The crowd would have been on their feet if it was Floyd landing those same shots on Manny. They would have been dazzled and cheering if it was Floyd who was making Manny miss so bad. There would have been no controversy had it been Floyd who got the split decision with the exact same performance. These ppv fights have now become events and people expect a spectacular show. Well Manny couldn't put on that show simply because Timothy wouldn't let him. Tim took the excitement out of the fight because he smoothly outboxed him and without punching power, it didn't appear spectacular. But, boxing is boxing. If that was 2 unknown amateurs by the name of Bradley and Manny, then Bradley would have won with absolutely no controversy. That's why all 3 judges scored it close. Because of Manny's robbery over Marquez, they were not going to be influenced by this iconic figure again. They judged the fight the right way and got it right. Now, the rest of the world need to follow suit.
Reply With Quote
jvsnypes is offline
#36
Old 06-19-2012, 03:05 AM
T-Rav
Amateur
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22
Rep Power: 0 T-Rav is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 3,931.42
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,931.42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvsnypes View Post
Just because Ward and Busta are African Americans don't mean they speak for all African Americans. They definitely don't speak for me. I thought Bradley won 115-114. The problem is...the judges got it right this time. That's why it was close on all 3 score cards. As a judge you have to judge on stricly what you see in the ring. They can't let the crowd influence them evrytime Manny throws a punch and the crowd goes crazy no matter if it landed or not. The Manny's fans judge with their hearts. The crowd pays good money so they judge by the guy that seems more entertaining. Fans at home are influenced by the crowd noise and the biased commentating.As judges, they have to look at both fighters as nobodys. It doesn't matter to them that its the great MANNY PACQUIAO that's getting outboxed.

Take away your personal motives and the fact that you may have lost money on this fight. Turn the volume completely down. Now watch the fight. Its amazing how different it is now to the eye. Now all of a sudden, you can actually see Manny getting frustrated in this fight. Now you can actually see that Bradley was never hurt by any punch. Now you can see the jabs and the body shots that Bradley landed. Now you can see how bad Bradley was making Manny miss. Who landed the bigger harder shots? Manny. He's the harder puncher. Who displayed true all around boxing skill throughout the fight? Bradley. What's the name of this great sport we love??? BOXING!!! No, Bradley didn't make the crowd jump out their seats, no he wasn't that exciting. But on June 9th, he quietly outboxed the legendary Manny Pacquiao. If it was Floyd Mayweather in there with Manny, the reaction would have been completely different. Your eyes would allow you to believe what you were seeing. The crowd would have been on their feet if it was Floyd landing those same shots on Manny. They would have been dazzled and cheering if it was Floyd who was making Manny miss so bad. There would have been no controversy had it been Floyd who got the split decision with the exact same performance. These ppv fights have now become events and people expect a spectacular show. Well Manny couldn't put on that show simply because Timothy wouldn't let him. Tim took the excitement out of the fight because he smoothly outboxed him and without punching power, it didn't appear spectacular. But, boxing is boxing. If that was 2 unknown amateurs by the name of Bradley and Manny, then Bradley would have won with absolutely no controversy. That's why all 3 judges scored it close. Because of Manny's robbery over Marquez, they were not going to be influenced by this iconic figure again. They judged the fight the right way and got it right. Now, the rest of the world need to follow suit.
Then I question your ability to judge, because you somehow managed to find an extra point to give to Bradley in a fight that had no knockdowns or point deductions.
Reply With Quote
T-Rav is offline
#37
Old 06-19-2012, 03:15 AM
KRAFTSMAN
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,002
Rep Power: 9 KRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond reputeKRAFTSMAN has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 22,347.60
Bank: 106,519,789,936.06
Total Points: 106,519,812,283.66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvsnypes View Post
Take away your personal motives and the fact that you may have lost money on this fight. Turn the volume completely down. Now watch the fight.
I don't even get this turn-the-volume-down nonsense. You can see shock on people's faces that were right beside the ring. Were they seeing and hearing what we were seeing and hearing on TV? Ward was there as a lot of others who saw the fight live. No commentaries or anything.
Reply With Quote
KRAFTSMAN is offline
#38
Old 06-19-2012, 03:57 AM
jvsnypes
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Easton,MD
Age: 42
Posts: 1,262
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 10 jvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,000,034,123.41
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,034,123.41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rav View Post
Then I question your ability to judge, because you somehow managed to find an extra point to give to Bradley in a fight that had no knockdowns or point deductions.
I made round 8 10-10
Reply With Quote
jvsnypes is offline
#39
Old 06-19-2012, 04:01 AM
jvsnypes
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Easton,MD
Age: 42
Posts: 1,262
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 10 jvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,000,034,123.41
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,034,123.41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
I don't even get this turn-the-volume-down nonsense. You can see shock on people's faces that were right beside the ring. Were they seeing and hearing what we were seeing and hearing on TV? Ward was there as a lot of others who saw the fight live. No commentaries or anything.
Crowd response has a huge impact on what you think you are seeing. Everyone in the building is there to see Manny, so of course anything he does will get a great roar from the crowd. Don't call it nonsense until you try it. I was at the Williams vs Martinez I Fight in Atlantic City. When i watched it there I felt one way. When I watched it on HBO I felt another way.
Reply With Quote
jvsnypes is offline
#40
Old 06-19-2012, 04:01 AM
Rapid Counter
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,755
Rep Power: 14 Rapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 18,019.57
Bank: 262,594,630,397,642.03
Total Points: 262,594,630,415,661.59
Cool poster (GL on our bet) - eddie_monster Happy Easter babe :) :kiss: - Bossy Thanks for the help bro! - Camp Beast 1k - rorymac you made my day with that sig....lmao - Alx. 
you made my day with that sig....lmao - Alx. your sig...Lmao!...beer on me... - jose830 Thanks! - FeFist nice albums! i will be paying random visits :D - jose830 LOL @ your sig, heres a cookie from someones picnic basket i looted - Yogi Bear 
Long time man, im not around so much anymore, but here is a beer my brethren - chav Your the man bro - torosboxing75 you got a good sense of humor that's what's up! - -jose- 
Default

Who is Ward promoted by? Sounds to me like he is trying to get/stay on Arum's good side.
Reply With Quote
Rapid Counter is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, andre, controversy, speaks, ward

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.