Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 06-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Stromprophet
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 11 Stromprophet has a reputation beyond reputeStromprophet has a reputation beyond reputeStromprophet has a reputation beyond reputeStromprophet has a reputation beyond reputeStromprophet has a reputation beyond reputeStromprophet has a reputation beyond reputeStromprophet has a reputation beyond reputeStromprophet has a reputation beyond reputeStromprophet has a reputation beyond reputeStromprophet has a reputation beyond reputeStromprophet has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 37,892.91
Default Duane Ford on Fight Game

So.....

His reasoning was a) He penalized Manny because he didn't close Bradley out.

I've never once in my life heard that as a criteria for scoring rounds.

And b) Bradley was landing body shots in the second half of the fight.....yeah, at the pace of a few a round.

How can (2) of those judges tremendously experienced get the scores so wrong? Smells to high heaven.

Leaving aside all other things.

1) Bradley had no effective counter punching, nothing like what JMM did against Manny. So, no points on that.
2) Bradley has no power. Anyone disagree there? He has very few KOs in his career. He can't close. Who really believes he was landing the harder punches?
3) Ring Aggression? Again, anyone think Bradley was the aggressor?
4) Landed punches
5) Harder punches

They were both missing a lot. I think all else being equal. Manny hurt Bradley twice, two separate rounds, landed more punches, and harder punches.

Last month. We saw an exciting Cotto fight. Mayweather outlanded by similar amounts to this fight, but Cotto landed some good rounds and good shots. Mayweather had Cotto hurt in the last round.

It was a blow out Mayweather. I thought this was just as obvious for Manny.

Every scorer that we have seen, ex-boxer, current boxer, the AP, etc had Manny. The same people who had JMM slightly in the last fight (the correct call).

Wow to ridiculousness. Vegas is a tomb.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-17-2012, 04:30 PM
mushahadeen
Banned

Rep Power: 0 mushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 4,806,259.64
sit on that you cunt - project xxx1 I know you need it - kyshenko team Add this to your collection - led you deserve a kick for being so stupid - Freedom. stop being racist - Freedom. 
you can pretend it's Floyd - Freedom. You'll need it for Chavez Jr - vacon04 ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry love your style of posting, keep it up - Primera Pretend its Chavez Jr and sit on it. - Sir. Afiln 
No Message - whoseyourdaddy p4p best chavez jr fan - Perro For the 15th to dry your tears - dan_cov For Chavez Jr when you visit him in hospital - dan_cov 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mathed Gay and Lesbian Pride - kyshenko team Gay and Lesbian Pride - MANIAC310 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromprophet View Post
His reasoning was a) He penalized Manny because he didn't close Bradley out.

I've never once in my life heard that as a criteria for scoring rounds.
Duane Ford is a delusional psychopath. He is the Poster Child for Alzeimers and Adult Diapers.

Those three stooges were also in part responsible for Rios vs. Abril. Not to mention in teaching other judges Duane Ford has contaminated all of judging.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Lineal Champ
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 Lineal Champ has a reputation beyond reputeLineal Champ has a reputation beyond reputeLineal Champ has a reputation beyond reputeLineal Champ has a reputation beyond reputeLineal Champ has a reputation beyond reputeLineal Champ has a reputation beyond reputeLineal Champ has a reputation beyond reputeLineal Champ has a reputation beyond reputeLineal Champ has a reputation beyond reputeLineal Champ has a reputation beyond reputeLineal Champ has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 102,504.99

Pacquiao a victim of his own success.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:45 PM
CHOWWOKKA
lats of peace

Rep Power: 28 CHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,166,270,440,746.18
Total Points: 11,781,921,686,781.69
owning pactards left and right with ease - I'm so sorry Happy Easter, anyway! :) :kiss: - Bossy have an apple - bigsmoothh Happy holidays bro! - led* 

And new.........
Old 06-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Big_L
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 Big_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 101,000,158,913.61

i think you misinterpreted what he was trying to say. he was just making an observation that the old manny would have finished him. not implying that he punished him the rest of the fight because he didn't.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:51 PM
AndNewChampion
Banned

Rep Power: 0 AndNewChampion has a reputation beyond reputeAndNewChampion has a reputation beyond reputeAndNewChampion has a reputation beyond reputeAndNewChampion has a reputation beyond reputeAndNewChampion has a reputation beyond reputeAndNewChampion has a reputation beyond reputeAndNewChampion has a reputation beyond reputeAndNewChampion has a reputation beyond reputeAndNewChampion has a reputation beyond reputeAndNewChampion has a reputation beyond reputeAndNewChampion has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 3,382,381.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_L View Post
i think you misinterpreted what he was trying to say. he was just making an observation that the old manny would have finished him. not implying that he punished him the rest of the fight because he didn't.
The more I see or hear judges talk, the more I lose faith, much like in some ref's. Joe Cortez may have bene great, but in his old age he has slipped. I can only say that is the case for judges. For example one judge got Khan Peter wrong where Khan was deducted. If that mistake happened who is to say it doesn't happen on close rounds where mistakes are made but you will never know.

115-113 maybe have been equal scores, but even then the judges had different rounds to different fighters. There isn't a consistency.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:53 PM
crazed_z06
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 crazed_z06 has much to be proud ofcrazed_z06 has much to be proud ofcrazed_z06 has much to be proud ofcrazed_z06 has much to be proud ofcrazed_z06 has much to be proud ofcrazed_z06 has much to be proud ofcrazed_z06 has much to be proud ofcrazed_z06 has much to be proud ofcrazed_z06 has much to be proud ofcrazed_z06 has much to be proud of
Total Points: 2,018,622.35

I said the same thing to my friend. That comment from Ford made me think he was penalizing Pac for not being old Pac.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Roy Hobbs
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Roy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Hobbs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 228,849.07
Total Points: 279,617.47

you cant score pitty pat pawing punches that have absolutely no effect on the opponent. 70 year olds should not be judging any kind of sports anyway. The most i could give bradley is 4 rounds.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:20 PM
mozzer101
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 mozzer101 has a reputation beyond reputemozzer101 has a reputation beyond reputemozzer101 has a reputation beyond reputemozzer101 has a reputation beyond reputemozzer101 has a reputation beyond reputemozzer101 has a reputation beyond reputemozzer101 has a reputation beyond reputemozzer101 has a reputation beyond reputemozzer101 has a reputation beyond reputemozzer101 has a reputation beyond reputemozzer101 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 94,239.71
start of your collection - mathed 

This guy is crazy. He also judged PAC on the way he fought on previous fights instead of that night. It doesn't matter how the old PAC looked. That's the past. Judge him on that night and that night only.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:28 PM
mushahadeen
Banned

Rep Power: 0 mushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 4,806,259.64
sit on that you cunt - project xxx1 I know you need it - kyshenko team Add this to your collection - led you deserve a kick for being so stupid - Freedom. stop being racist - Freedom. 
you can pretend it's Floyd - Freedom. You'll need it for Chavez Jr - vacon04 ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry love your style of posting, keep it up - Primera Pretend its Chavez Jr and sit on it. - Sir. Afiln 
No Message - whoseyourdaddy p4p best chavez jr fan - Perro For the 15th to dry your tears - dan_cov For Chavez Jr when you visit him in hospital - dan_cov 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mathed Gay and Lesbian Pride - kyshenko team Gay and Lesbian Pride - MANIAC310 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzer101 View Post
This guy is crazy. He also judged PAC on the way he fought on previous fights instead of that night. It doesn't matter how the old PAC looked. That's the past. Judge him on that night and that night only.
You're being too logical.

In Duane Ford's mind there are giant bunnies and talking elves and rainbow fishes flying around and sh1t.

The guy is clearly a delusional psychopath.