Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 06-11-2012, 10:51 AM
lizard_man
Contender

Rep Power: 7 lizard_man has a reputation beyond reputelizard_man has a reputation beyond reputelizard_man has a reputation beyond reputelizard_man has a reputation beyond reputelizard_man has a reputation beyond reputelizard_man has a reputation beyond reputelizard_man has a reputation beyond reputelizard_man has a reputation beyond reputelizard_man has a reputation beyond reputelizard_man has a reputation beyond reputelizard_man has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 36,048,719,708.29
Total Points: 36,048,744,090.07
Default someone that personally knows bradley posted this up about a month ago

I say that [Bradley wins] thinking on business terms, not because Bradley is the better fighter [he's not]. I've met Bradley a bunch of times, and my brother knows him personally (his sister-in-law is like best friends with bradley's wife -- when he bought his wife a car after he signed with top rank, he hid it away in my bros' garage, lol)

I say "business terms" because Pac's near the end of his career and there's no ****ing way, after Arum sunk millions into Bradley with a sizable signing bonus, the money from the Casamayor fight, and the guarantee he's getting in this Pacquiao fight, that Arum would let Bradley lose.

Bradley is set to be Arum's new pet/cash cow. This fight will be a changing of the guard. If Bradley loses, his career (at least as a money maker for Arum) is over. Arum can't let that happen with the investment he's made in Bradley thus far -- if he loses, who else can he fight? his career is pretty established, and his resumé is impressive with wins over peterson, alexander, nate campbell and casamyor -- even though he's fairly unknown. If he loses against elite opposition, he's going to be seen as a B-rate fighter and there isnt much more he can do at this point -- maybe move up in weight? not too much left in the welterweight division right now, so he'd have to move up to like 154 or something, where he'd get destroyed.

On the other hand even if Pac loses, he's still marketable simply because of his status within the sport. A loss, or a controversial decision in a fixed fight would probably even make him MORE popular than he already is. People will be up in arms about that ****. They can make a rematch with Bradley, or see if a loss gets Mayweather in the ring. Either way, **** doesn't matter at this point in his career -- he's already achieved so much and largely cemented his legacy.

Obviously this is all conspiracy theory ****, but I wouldnt put it past Arum. Need proof?
look at Rios vs Abril, which was like 10 rounds to 2, and Rios still won
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-11-2012, 11:02 AM
BlackHat
milking the cashcow

Rep Power: 14 BlackHat has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHat has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHat has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHat has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHat has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHat has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHat has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHat has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHat has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHat has a reputation beyond reputeBlackHat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,037,070,573.80
Total Points: 10,037,099,744.81
jacobs is tua tough! - Left Hook Tua Merry Christmas - msagrain jacobs the man! - Left Hook Tua No Message - Mr._Pink 

It does makes sense to me.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Luilun
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Luilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,113,974.93

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard_man View Post
I say that [Bradley wins] thinking on business terms, not because Bradley is the better fighter [he's not]. I've met Bradley a bunch of times, and my brother knows him personally (his sister-in-law is like best friends with bradley's wife -- when he bought his wife a car after he signed with top rank, he hid it away in my bros' garage, lol)

I say "business terms" because Pac's near the end of his career and there's no ****ing way, after Arum sunk millions into Bradley with a sizable signing bonus, the money from the Casamayor fight, and the guarantee he's getting in this Pacquiao fight, that Arum would let Bradley lose.

Bradley is set to be Arum's new pet/cash cow. This fight will be a changing of the guard. If Bradley loses, his career (at least as a money maker for Arum) is over. Arum can't let that happen with the investment he's made in Bradley thus far -- if he loses, who else can he fight? his career is pretty established, and his resumé is impressive with wins over peterson, alexander, nate campbell and casamyor -- even though he's fairly unknown. If he loses against elite opposition, he's going to be seen as a B-rate fighter and there isnt much more he can do at this point -- maybe move up in weight? not too much left in the welterweight division right now, so he'd have to move up to like 154 or something, where he'd get destroyed.

On the other hand even if Pac loses, he's still marketable simply because of his status within the sport. A loss, or a controversial decision in a fixed fight would probably even make him MORE popular than he already is. People will be up in arms about that ****. They can make a rematch with Bradley, or see if a loss gets Mayweather in the ring. Either way, **** doesn't matter at this point in his career -- he's already achieved so much and largely cemented his legacy.

Obviously this is all conspiracy theory ****, but I wouldnt put it past Arum. Need proof?
look at Rios vs Abril, which was like 10 rounds to 2, and Rios still won
Poor investment cause who's going to pay to watch Bradley on PPV after his corrupt win
Old 06-11-2012, 11:35 AM
coolka
Contender

Rep Power: 4 coolka has a reputation beyond reputecoolka has a reputation beyond reputecoolka has a reputation beyond reputecoolka has a reputation beyond reputecoolka has a reputation beyond reputecoolka has a reputation beyond reputecoolka has a reputation beyond reputecoolka has a reputation beyond reputecoolka has a reputation beyond reputecoolka has a reputation beyond reputecoolka has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,747.17

The very first thing that came to my thoughts. I couldn't agree more, Bradley is a B class sparring partner type with B class opponents. Bob Arum is just smart and an ass at the same time LOL

1. Barry Tompkins, Showtime: 119-110 Pacquiao.
2. Harold Lederman, HBO: 119-109 Pacquiao.
3. Ray Markarian, The Sweet Science: 119-109 Pacquiao.
4. Michael Marley, Examiner: 119-109 Pacquiao.
5. Dan Rafael, ESPN: 119-109 Pacquiao.
6. Vittorio Tafur, San Francisco Chronicle: 119-109 Pacquiao.
7. Michael Woods, The Sweet Science: 119-109 Pacquiao.
8. Ramon Aranda, 3 More Rounds: 118-110 Pacquiao.
9. Mario Cabrera, Boxing Republic: 118-110 Pacquiao.
10. Nigel Collins, ESPN: 118-110 Pacquiao.
11. Mike Coppinger, Ring Magazine: 118-110 Pacquiao.
12. Ace Freeman, Fight Fan: 118-110 Pacquiao.
13. Rich Marotta, KFI Los Angeles: 118-110 Pacquiao.
14. Kelsey McCarson, The Sweet Science: 118-110 Pacquiao.
15. Gabriel Montoya, MaxBoxing: 118-110 Pacquiao.
16. Pete O’Brien, USA Today: 118-110 Pacquiao.
17. Eric Raskin, Grantland: 118-110 Pacquiao.
18. Michael Rosenthal, Ring Magazine: 118-110 Pacquiao.
19. Colin Seymour, Examiner: 118-110 Pacquiao.
20. Ryan Songalia, Ring Magazine: 118-110 Pacquiao.
21. Ryan Burton, Boxing Scene: 117-112 Pacquiao.
22. Scott Christ, Bad Left Hook: 117-111 Pacquiao.
23. Tim Dahlberg, Associated Press: 117-111 Pacquiao.
24. Gareth Davies, London Daily Telegraph: 117-111 Pacquiao.
25. Doug Fischer, Ring Magazine: 117-111 Pacquiao.
26. David Greisman, Boxing Scene: 117-111 Pacquiao.
27. Jorge Hernandez, The Low Blow: 117-111 Pacquiao.
28. Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports: 117-111 Pacquiao.
29. Robert Littal, Black Sports Online: 117-111 Pacquiao.
30. Steve Kim, Max Boxing: 117-111 Pacquiao.

The list won't stop....but you can hit the link if you like
http://blog.johnny360.com/2012/06/cancer-in-boxing.html
Old 06-11-2012, 11:38 AM
p4p-champ
King of the Ring

Rep Power: 14 p4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 414,532,636,422.57
Total Points: 614,569,472,933.55
Be Joyful - Gift Giver pactard stomping champion - I'm so sorry 

I the think he is bang on, we should all know by now that Arum could care less about the sport, its fans or the fighters. Its all about how he can fill his pockets.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Kenny MF Powers
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Kenny MF Powers has a reputation beyond reputeKenny MF Powers has a reputation beyond reputeKenny MF Powers has a reputation beyond reputeKenny MF Powers has a reputation beyond reputeKenny MF Powers has a reputation beyond reputeKenny MF Powers has a reputation beyond reputeKenny MF Powers has a reputation beyond reputeKenny MF Powers has a reputation beyond reputeKenny MF Powers has a reputation beyond reputeKenny MF Powers has a reputation beyond reputeKenny MF Powers has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,698,496,685,812.32
Total Points: 1,699,907,948,867.97
For watching fights. - LADodgerDog Subway for you! - Dorian.. Keep swimming Kenny - rorymac 4 the kind words - sugersean15 No Message - Kenny MF Powers 
awesome sig bro! - chiguy91 Stalking your thread- Congrats! :) - I ♥ RVP ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry Thanks bro, glad there are other free thinkers - Boxingtech718v2 :D - cawadoody 
Happy holidays bro! - led* 

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p-champ View Post
I the think he is bang on, we should all know by now that Arum could care less about the sport, its fans or the fighters. Its all about how he can fill his pockets.

Picture looks pretty accurate...
Old 06-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Rep Power: 59 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 335,129,192,489,323.06
Total Points: 335,129,192,594,497.19
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Bradley is still going to be Bradley, I would say this though...Arum really need to do more to market Bradley, The 247 did help him IMO and i could see Bradley is now following the Mayweather blueprint so maybe he can be a cash-cow afterall, I still have no doubts that Pac was sold out here by Arum no doubt in my mind.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Brother Khalid
The Truth Terrorist

Rep Power: 37 Brother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 32,716,036,525,155.01
Total Points: 32,716,036,607,201.48
Thanks so much for all your HD wizardry! - AndyShitHot 2 commemorate ur new name homey .... - -Boxzilla- 720p legend ..... - -Boxzilla- the king of hd - -Boxzilla- Hooking it up with some excellent quality fights - TheCheetah 
The KING OF HIGH DEF FIGHTS - TheCheetah The King of High Def fights! - TheCheetah High Definition LEGEND - TheCheetah Thanx - PR13 u do homework - nice guy and top poster - cleaner147 
And still...! leaving HD devastation and destruction in your wake. - PittyPat For all the Videos Mate - Stone Roses! Money Mayweather &amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; Pacman - Stone Roses! For the Vasquez-Marquez Trilogy - Stone Roses! cheers! - Tamis_Siensya 
gift giving time to friends - serv have some more mate! - Tamis_Siensya Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Kick Khalid Muhammed aka &quot;The Black Hitler&quot; - Freedom2013 Its white... - Mannie Phresh 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dynamite Kid Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Akinapepemo 
Autism - cleaner147 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - South318 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray* View Post
Bradley is still going to be Bradley, I would say this though...Arum really need to do more to market Bradley, The 247 did help him IMO and i could see Bradley is now following the Mayweather blueprint so maybe he can be a cash-cow afterall, I still have no doubts that Pac was sold out here by Arum no doubt in my mind.
I agree 100%

Think about it.....Rios has just been exposed. Gamboa jumped ship, Jones got KO'd...Pavlik exposed., Lopez exposed...lee is a fraud.....when you really think about it, Top Rank has Manny and that's about it.

Bradley is the only fighter they have that is close to being marketable at this point, and Arum has stated several times, when Bradley was with Shaw, that he could build Bradley up into a big name.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:49 PM
PAKYO
in the sandlands

Rep Power: 14 PAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond reputePAKYO has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 883,719,715.98
Total Points: 883,756,212.60

Yup. sure fire fixed. no doubt about it.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 54 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,225,005,037,030.18
Total Points: 2,471,005,237,265.20
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p-champ View Post

That pic explains everything.