Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 06-08-2012, 06:00 PM
JakeNDaBox
The Jake of All Trades

Rep Power: 200000 JakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 63,071,491,050.58
Total Points: 63,278,229,354.53
Send a message via AIM to JakeNDaBox Send a message via Yahoo to JakeNDaBox
Post Comments Thread For: Holt-Allakhverdiev Fight Canceled Due To Visa Issues

By Keith Idec

A June 20 bout between former junior welterweight champion Kendall Holt and Khabib Allakhverdiev was canceled Friday due to Holt’s visa issue.

Holt, of Paterson, N.J., was scheduled to fly to Moscow on Wednesday for a 10-round, 140-pound fight against the unbeaten Russian southpaw.

His attorney, Patrick English, said Friday that Holt’s undisclosed visa problem could not be resolved in time for the ex-WBO titleholder to make the trip halfway around the world. Holt’s contract called for him to arrive in Moscow no fewer than six days before the fight for promotional purposes.

“It’s something that could’ve been resolved if we had more time to work it out,” English said. “This time frame wouldn’t allow it, so unfortunately the fight had to be canceled.” [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-08-2012, 06:13 PM
taansend
In denial about UK refs

Rep Power: 23 taansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,208,979,293.12
Good poster. - ddangerous Nice looking pup.  Have anyother Pepsi - ABOSWORTH 
Smile

I feel sorry for Holt. A decent fighter (although he put in a non effort against Garcia - I was there & thought he'd win big. I was very drunk though. Cost me a ****ing fortune at $8.50 a beer). If he was from somewhere else he'd have a great fan base but black guys from New Jersey seem to struggle. Not sure why. I was also there the night he beat Diaz (I worked there at the time). One of the best punches of the last couple of years.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Unseen
People Call Me Crazy

Rep Power: 33 Unseen has a reputation beyond reputeUnseen has a reputation beyond reputeUnseen has a reputation beyond reputeUnseen has a reputation beyond reputeUnseen has a reputation beyond reputeUnseen has a reputation beyond reputeUnseen has a reputation beyond reputeUnseen has a reputation beyond reputeUnseen has a reputation beyond reputeUnseen has a reputation beyond reputeUnseen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 385,443.21
Total Points: 418,765.25
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest ima cgive you all the supernan set homie, lol, im off to work but one day, your superman gift set will be 20 - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 

Holt was going to make 100K which is more than what he normally gets.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:32 PM
tripper
Banned

Rep Power: 0 tripper has a reputation beyond reputetripper has a reputation beyond reputetripper has a reputation beyond reputetripper has a reputation beyond reputetripper has a reputation beyond reputetripper has a reputation beyond reputetripper has a reputation beyond reputetripper has a reputation beyond reputetripper has a reputation beyond reputetripper has a reputation beyond reputetripper has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,836.74

Zab judah is over there so he should step up and avenge his daft chicken dance knock out. Why do people wait until 1 week before a fight to try get a visa. Numptys
Old 06-08-2012, 09:50 PM
anonymous2.0
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 anonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeanonymous2.0 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,032,582.40
Remain anonymous, yet present. - Atreyu Khalil 

Incompetent. Visas, passports, and all that other paperwork should have been done beforehand during negations so there wouldn't be this issue. Now you lose money because the team was unprofessional enough to say 'Hey, am I all set to go over there?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by taansend View Post
Cost me a ****ing fortune at $8.50 a beer).
No beer should ever cost that much. But wtf were you doing drinking 8.50 beer in the first place.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:14 PM
LAPete
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 LAPete has much to be proud ofLAPete has much to be proud ofLAPete has much to be proud ofLAPete has much to be proud ofLAPete has much to be proud ofLAPete has much to be proud ofLAPete has much to be proud ofLAPete has much to be proud ofLAPete has much to be proud of
Total Points: 15,918.54
This is for making things up that I never wrote. - Sugar Booger 

This might be a blessing in disguise. Smart money would have a fighter travel half way around the world to fight at least one month in advance to insure that the fighter gets adjusted to the time change and the culture shock. This is frigging Russia and it is very very different than any other part of then world.
To leave one week in advance could have seriously put a win in jeopardy for Holt and i seriously doubt that he was fighting just for the money. I wish him luck moving forward and hope that this fight gets moved to a later date and Kendall goes over much earlier to train.....and WIN!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:02 PM
macman
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 11 macman has a reputation beyond reputemacman has a reputation beyond reputemacman has a reputation beyond reputemacman has a reputation beyond reputemacman has a reputation beyond reputemacman has a reputation beyond reputemacman has a reputation beyond reputemacman has a reputation beyond reputemacman has a reputation beyond reputemacman has a reputation beyond reputemacman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 327,705.33

Damn, was looking forward to this one. Allakhverdiev looking very good so far, but this is a good step up against a dangerous fighter - do hope it's rescheduled.

Also, sloppy damn work from Holt's people - this is the stuff that they are taking a cut of Holt's money to organise, & it's pretty basic stuff...... Get it together next time.