Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 06-09-2012, 12:16 PM
JK1700
Boxing Virtuoso

Rep Power: 13 JK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond reputeJK1700 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,972,933,907.18
Total Points: 6,977,008,596.77
keep up the good work champ - Atreyu Khalil Cheers! - dan_cov 

I just got done watching Hagler-Leonard and I scored it 115-113 for Hagler. I can fully understand why this fight is so debated because I thought that Hagler deserved to win and in my opinion there was really only a few rounds that Leonard won clearly, while Hagler seemed to win more of his rounds clearly, especially in the middle and late rounds. I could probably find 7 rounds to give to Leonard if I tried hard enough but I did score the 12th for him which could have gone to Hagler. I don't think I would classify it as a robbery because so many of the rounds were close but I thought that Leonard got a gift, that's a better way to put it. If I was him I wouldn't have been satisfied with that victory and tried to get a rematch. I don't fully know the history of it and who's to blame but there really should have been one. Aside from that all else I have to express is my disgust at the judge who scored it 118-110. How he wasn't banned from the sport for giving such an outrageously inaccurate and dishonest verdict I will never know. His scorecard has to be considered one of the worst ever.

On another note. I will check out some of the posts and fights being mentioned in this thread later. Don't think i'm ignoring you all. I'll get back to you.

Last edited by JK1700; 06-09-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Barn
TheTartanSoldier

Rep Power: 48 Barn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,953,766,464,748.22
Total Points: 58,937,678,138,196.46
Merry Crimbo! - The Surgeon To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A Your 4000th post and you quoted me, I'm honoured! Happy 4k :wave: - *Boss Lady* 4 the uploads! - chiguy91 Congrats on 5K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 well deserved - the collector For the massive amount of points given - MindBat Merry X-mas Lad! Have a good un! - The Surgeon Happy New Year - Freedom. 
You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one. - dan_cov 
Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 what up homie...just incase I want you to know I had nothing to do with that thread title change that's your thread bro - -jose- :love: - -jose- For the help buddy - Badzi87 Merry Christmas Barn - TBear 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1700 View Post
I just got done watching Hagler-Leonard and I scored it 115-113 for Hagler. I can fully understand why this fight is so debated because I thought that Hagler deserved to win and in my opinion there was really only a few rounds that Leonard won clearly, while Hagler seemed to win more of his rounds clearly, especially in the middle and late rounds. I could probably find 7 rounds to give to Leonard if I tried hard enough but I did score the 12th for him which could have gone to Hagler. I don't think I would classify it as a robbery because so many of the rounds were close but I thought that Leonard got a gift, that's a better way to put it. If I was him I wouldn't have been satisfied with that victory and tried to get a rematch. I don't fully know the history of it and who's to blame but there really should have been one. Aside from that all else I have to express is my disgust at the judge who scored it 118-110. How he wasn't banned from the sport for giving such an outrageously inaccurate and dishonest verdict I will never know. His scorecard has to be considered one of the worst ever.

On another note. I will check out some of the posts and fights being mentioned in this thread later. Don't think i'm ignoring you all. I'll get back to you.
I had it for Hagler 6-5-1.

I guess I catch the Hoya vs Mayweather robbery cries as I uploaded the full fight to Youtube and the comments section is a major disaster.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:58 PM
The Smash
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 The Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,032,727.00
Top notch poster - thuggery 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnburner View Post
I had it for Hagler 6-5-1.

I guess I catch the Hoya vs Mayweather robbery cries as I uploaded the full fight to Youtube and the comments section is a major disaster.
*Sighs and decides he may have to watch the fight again*
Old 06-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Barn
TheTartanSoldier

Rep Power: 48 Barn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond repute
Merry Crimbo! - The Surgeon To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A Your 4000th post and you quoted me, I'm honoured! Happy 4k :wave: - *Boss Lady* 4 the uploads! - chiguy91 Congrats on 5K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 well deserved - the collector For the massive amount of points given - MindBat Merry X-mas Lad! Have a good un! - The Surgeon Happy New Year - Freedom. 
You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one. - dan_cov 
Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 what up homie...just incase I want you to know I had nothing to do with that thread title change that's your thread bro - -jose- :love: - -jose- For the help buddy - Badzi87 Merry Christmas Barn - TBear 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Smash View Post
*Sighs and decides he may have to watch the fight again*
Howcome, did you score it for Leonard widely?

It's a matter of opinion as to who's punches you find more damaging, and for me it was definitely Hagler's.

I don't normally recommend this but, it is a good idea to turn the volume off when watching this fight.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:07 PM
The Smash
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 The Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,032,727.00
Top notch poster - thuggery 

I don't have it for Ray so widely, I just don't think it's very contentious that he won more rounds, because while he didn't get a lot done, he did get something done and Hagler didn't. If I remember correctly, I've had it 7-5 for Ray consistently and occasionally 6-4-1.

The way the Hagler contingent talk about the fight and so bitterly contest the result, you'd think Ray lost every round 10-7, is outlandish. I think he shaded a close fight. As I said though, it's always worth a review.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Barn
TheTartanSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Smash View Post
I don't have it for Ray so widely, I just don't think it's very contentious that he won more rounds, because while he didn't get a lot done, he did get something done and Hagler didn't. If I remember correctly, I've had it 7-5 for Ray consistently and occasionally 6-4-1.

The way the Hagler contingent talk about the fight and so bitterly contest the result, you'd think Ray lost every round 10-7, is outlandish. I think he shaded a close fight. As I said though, it's always worth a review.
6-4-1 is a dodgy scorecard, wouldn't have been surprised if JoJo Guerra had that in a parallel universe.

Hagler's punches are more subtle as no-one, crowd or broadcaster seem to care when they land and when Leonard lands nothing they go nuts. Hence the reason for muting.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:25 PM
#1Assassin
Conveyor of Truth

Rep Power: 28 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,046,501,607.01
Total Points: 18,130,771,455.47
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 
great advice in training forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastrangelo View Post
It was tough fight that he might've felt he lost, I think it's rather understandable that after close fight with 2 knockdowns against him he might've felt that he's not going to get a decision. Later he admitted that, not a proof really.
if thats what happened, sure. but it wasnt, you got it all wrong dude.

in the post fight interview directly after the fight ray said he thought he won. it was in the following weeks or months that he has had a change of hearts and admitted the judges got it wrong.

when he got some distance to the fight and watched it back he realized he had lost and to this day he says hearns rightfully defeated him.

1:40

case closed.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Mastrangelo
Paul Williams beat Lara

Rep Power: 10 Mastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,122,820,356,169.25
Total Points: 960,732,818,706,953.00
thanks for the fight...cheers! - joe strong 

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Assassin View Post
if thats what happened, sure. but it wasnt, you got it all wrong dude.

in the post fight interview directly after the fight ray said he thought he won. it was in the following weeks or months that he has had a change of hearts and admitted the judges got it wrong.

when he got some distance to the fight and watched it back he realized he had lost and to this day he says hearns rightfully defeated him.
Nah dear Assasin, what's definitely more likely is that as still active fighter not eager to get in the ring with Hagler again will not say, oh he beat me.
When he's retired he doesn't care that much anymore, so he may say he felt he lost the fight. And he might've felt that, not a big deal.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Scott9945
Gonna be more suspicious

Rep Power: 76 Scott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond reputeScott9945 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,554,494,536,597,654.00
Total Points: 6,565,774,587,909,708.00
not sure if u drink beer so i bought u a pepsi - writeright you're ok with me too bro - Left Hook Tua a bribe for free porn. lol - Left Hook Tua Cheers - T-97 Meant to send this to you earlier but sent to myself by mistake lol. Cheers - joseph5620 
First round on me - mrpain81 8K Posts - T-97 You're killing them in the political debates! lol. - joseph5620 Cheers amigo - anonymousboxing Have a tuna melt homey - mangler 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led top poster - JAB5239 Great poster. - Barnburner Yes lets ban the troll - McGoorty In honor of Joe Frazier - Terry A 
Merry Christmas - The Surgeon good poster - jazluvr thanks for the swift e-points payment - jas one of the great posters in the history forum - jas for a year of quality posts in 2014 - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
The only punches Chisora landed consistently were meaningless body shots and looping right hands that are half blocked and were only noticeable because Helenius' hair was wet.
And Helenius didn't do sh*t the entire fight. Chisora made all the action. This one wasn't even close and if you think Helenius won then you have no credibility with me. The wet hair excuse is particularly weak.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Thread Stealer
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 31 Thread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 41,057,916.43
Most knowledgeable poster on NSB - BatTheMan Boxing Guru - DWiens421 4k posts. Keep up the great work! - danc1984 To an excellent poster - JAB5239 No Message - Old Coward 
you're the man - Dambala For being a great poster - -IronMike- 

Muhammad Ali-Doug Jones. Ali (Clay back then) won the fight fairly IMO. The crowd just went nuts when Jones threw a shot that came close to Ali.

On the other hand, I thought Earnie Shavers got robbed against Ali. A lot of others think the decision was fair, and I think even Shavers said in an interview for ESB that he thought the decision was fair.

I watched it and thought Shavers won clearly. Ali's little flurries mostly caught Earnie's gloves.

Ali was of course WELL past it though.