Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Will there be a U.S. heavyweight world champion in the next 10 years?
There will be for sure 22 70.97%
Not in the next 10 years 5 16.13%
There will NEVER be another US HW world champ! 4 12.90%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 06-08-2012, 08:47 AM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 102 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 131,301,910,889,405.23
Total Points: 137,304,592,542,098.95
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fix View Post
Obviously the Klitschko's size advantage is one thing and it's the main reason they keep winning but you've got guys like Haye, Chisora and even Price in the UK who would beat everyone in the US right now. Most US guys are still fat and not living up to their potential. It means they don't give themselves the best shot of being successful. Seth Mitchell is a hope but there's no way he's ready for some of the best in the world, he gets beat quick by everyone I mentioned right now.

So question is do you think a U.S. boxer will become a recognized HW world champion in the next 10 years or you think it'll never happen again?

i doubt it

and it's certainly got nothing to do with "how good the brits are," lol

the americans in the top 10 are fat bastards or rejects from the NFL

get our best athletes in there (the 6'10" 275 lbs dudes who run like deer) and you'll get a champion out of them eventually
seth mitchell is making lots of waves
seth mitchell is FAR from a great athlete. he's just a good one. nothing more. he's got the size and power that you look for at HW, but he's not some brilliant athlete.
he'd be average in the NFL at best.
Tommy Z? he's about as poor an athlete as you will find in the NFL and he was a very good amateur boxer

the problem is that they dont box. is it really some coincidence then if the division is so poor when the country that has kept it in it's back pocket is no longer pumping out HW boxers?

take football and basketball out of high school and college athleteics and replace it with boxing
these guys would not even seem real to you.

Last edited by New England; 06-08-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-08-2012, 08:54 AM
D4thincarnation
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 34 D4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 35,737,967,536,497,608.00
Total Points: 37,737,967,536,524,432.00
for creating a cool thread - mathed No Message - Tha_Greatest Cheers bro - dan_cov Euro 2012 - Top goalscorer winner! - Fury some pie for an atg - sugarsmosley 
For the prediction competition - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
i doubt it

and it's certainly got nothing to do with "how good the brits, are," lol

the americans in the top 10 are fat bastards or rejects from the NFL

get our best athletes in there (the 6'10" 275 lbs dudes who run like deer) and you'll get a champion out of them

the problem is that they dont box. is it really some coincidence then if the division is so poor when the country that has kept it in it's back pocket is no longer pumping out HW boxers?

take football and basketball out of high school and college athleteics and replace it with boxing
these guys would not even seem real to you.

Yeah because past American Heavyweight champs were 6'10 and around the 275lbs mark.

And Football, Basket ball has only being taught in High school for the last 25 years has it.

Got to love these American excuses for there abysmal showing on the heavyweight scene over the decade.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Hitman932
I LOVE Euro Fighters!!

Rep Power: 87 Hitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,680,997,444,980.18
Total Points: 1,681,006,372,437.99
sneak this in - mgkirkpatrick Cheers - squealpiggy For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan Lickle Ricky is thankful for the fight. - OASIS_LAD Karoly Balzsay - Tunney 
Cheers to the unban you racist polack! - Mizzou on the money bro! - MELLY-MEL... happy birthday hitman! - Makavelli Amir Khan is better than the cowardly Zsolt Erdei - Freedom. To cheer you up after TT's loss, I know you chaps enjoy these! - The Weebler I 
Great breakdown of those boxing crooks - hectari 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
And Football, Basket ball has only being taught in High school for the last 25 years has it.

Got to love these American excuses for there abysmal showing on the heavyweight scene over the decade.
No, but they've only started to make athletes insanely rich in the past 15-20 years. Before that time the earnings gap between boxing and other pro sports didn't exist.

Not to mention sports are the only way for many poor Americans to go to college. There is no such thing as a boxing scholarship. If you play football, basketball or baseball at a high level you get a free education that would otherwise cost you upwards of 100K.

Doesn't take a genius, or genius parent to figure out which path is best for their son long term.

I don't really care for the whole argument about potential fighters who play other sports but anyone who thinks that there isn't a guy in the NFL or NBA who could have been a better fighter than Derek Chisora or Robert Helenius is nuts.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:34 AM
D4thincarnation
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 34 D4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 35,737,967,536,497,608.00
Total Points: 37,737,967,536,524,432.00
for creating a cool thread - mathed No Message - Tha_Greatest Cheers bro - dan_cov Euro 2012 - Top goalscorer winner! - Fury some pie for an atg - sugarsmosley 
For the prediction competition - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman932 View Post
No, but they've only started to make athletes insanely rich in the past 15-20 years. Before that time the earnings gap between boxing and other pro sports didn't exist.

Not to mention sports are the only way for many poor Americans to go to college. There is no such thing as a boxing scholarship. If you play football, basketball or baseball at a high level you get a free education that would otherwise cost you upwards of 100K.

Doesn't take a genius, or genius parent to figure out which path is best for their son long term.

I don't really care for the whole argument about potential fighters who play other sports but anyone who thinks that there isn't a guy in the NFL or NBA who could have been a better fighter than Derek Chisora or Robert Helenius is nuts.

Yeah and if it wasn't for the popularity of football and the amount of money players can make from it in Europe, Europe would dominate the boxing weight divisions from lightweight to cruiserweight.

In the last 15-20 years the average American waistline has gone through the roof as well.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:30 AM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 200,105,877,904.74
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

Depends. Bryant Jennings has the best shot out of the current American HW's. We don't really know how good Deontay Wilder is because he still is yet to fight anyone worth a damn. Seth Mitchell, no way. He'll probably fight for the vacant WBC title in the next year and get beat down.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:33 AM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 

It's no secret that since the Lewis-Bowe-Moorer-Holyfield era winded down, that the skill level of most HW's has dropped greatly. The best American HW's have been Chris Byrd, Hasim Rahman, and John Ruiz. That's a far cry in terms of talent when you compare those guys to Bowe, Moorer, Holyfield, Tyson, Holmes, the best American HW's from the era's prior to this one.

Last edited by 4Corners; 06-08-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:36 AM
RightStraight
Contender

Rep Power: 6 RightStraight has a reputation beyond reputeRightStraight has a reputation beyond reputeRightStraight has a reputation beyond reputeRightStraight has a reputation beyond reputeRightStraight has a reputation beyond reputeRightStraight has a reputation beyond reputeRightStraight has a reputation beyond reputeRightStraight has a reputation beyond reputeRightStraight has a reputation beyond reputeRightStraight has a reputation beyond reputeRightStraight has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,091.40

Yes, one name. David Rodriguez.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:39 AM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightStraight View Post
Yes, one name. David Rodriguez.
I highly doubt that.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:41 AM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 102 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 131,301,910,889,405.23
Total Points: 137,304,592,542,098.95
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
Yeah and if it wasn't for the popularity of football and the amount of money players can make from it in Europe, Europe would dominate the boxing weight divisions from lightweight to cruiserweight.

In the last 15-20 years the average American waistline has gone through the roof as well.

you must be a dirk diggler alt
reduced once again to comments about the "fat american"
you get that your own country is not much slimmer, right?

and yes, if soccer didnt exist there would be tons of great boxers to come out of the talent pool

they just arent exclusively hw
and all of these big soccer/football countries didnt rule these divisions before soccer got big

america did rule the HW division before the scholastic and professional football / basketball phenomenon (with both sports really only picking up steam in the last 20 years)

and almost every one of these guys is a HW.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Michael Paine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 31 Michael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 389,482,418,360.95
Total Points: 389,482,590,051.77
ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Happy belated 1 year Anniversary. - E.P.T. Hahahaha, funny reply my ninja, here's another cake for your upcoming 2 year anniversary. - E.P.T. 
happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley 

No doubt in my mind that an American will pick up one of the world titles in the next 10 years.