Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2012, 03:26 PM
vcvc
Banned

Rep Power: 0 vcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,268,926,712.29
Total Points: 7,279,403,001.44
No Message - AL YANKAB*TCH No Message - kyshenko team here brother, no need to use bananas anymore - kyshenko team Respect - D.I.E.S.E.L For the youth club - BostonGuy 
youth club - BostonGuy a true n bomb - dj Benze :) - Bossy and another - Bossy No Message - Bossy 
No Message - Bossy faggot - project xxx1 sit on this - project xxx1 use this on emz - project xxx1 wipe your tears away bitch - project xxx1 
stick in your ass - project xxx1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - kyshenko team 
Thumbs up China laughs at Planned American Stealth destroyer "It really sucks"

The US Navy is readying a $7 billion boat that can launch attacks faster than the speed of sound and is practically invisible to detection. Even with that hefty cost, however, China says it will only take a few fishing boats to blow up the DDG-1000.

The chief of US naval operations says that the DDG-1000 super-stealth destroyer warship is the “future” of America’s on-the-water weaponry, and at that price tag it better be. Right now the ship is costing taxpayers around $3.1 billion but the price of research and development is likely to bring the tally to more than double. The ship is several years in the making and the first of its kind is expected to be ready by 2014, but critics in China — the very place Uncle Sam plans to send his up and coming fleet — are laughing at America’s latest endeavor.

"It would be a goner," Rear Adm. Zhang Zhaozhong of China's National Defense University tells the nation’s CCTV military channel.

The US intends on sending its newest ship towards China’s Pacific Coast where it will be able to monitor activity in the budding region without being easily detected. The boat’s wave-piercing hull will leave almost no wake in the water, reports the Associated Press, and upgrades to the ship will eventually equip it with electromagnetic railguns that can shoot projectiles by using an electric current and magnetic field to fire at enemy targets. Zhaozhong warns, however, that where the US invests in unnecessary weaponry and sleek, stealth technology, it fails to properly outfit the ship with the material to keep it from going kerplunk.

According to the AP, Zhaozhong claims that the DDG-1000’s impressive design could be easily overwhelmed by a mere fleet of fishing boats that are laden with explosives. If enough of those boats could be mobilized around the stealth ship, says Zhaozhong, its high-tech hull could be blown apart sending the boat straight to the bottom of the sea.

That, of course, is not how the Pentagon wants to spend a few billion dollars. "Whether the Navy can afford to buy many DDG-1000s must be balanced against the need for over 300 surface ships to fulfill the various missions that confront it," Dean Cheng, a China expert with the Heritage Foundation, adds to the AP. "Buying hyper-expensive ships hurts that ability, but buying ships that can't do the job, or worse can't survive in the face of the enemy, is even more irresponsible."

A 2008 report on the ship from US Navy Vice Admiral Barry McCullough revealed that “the DDG-1000 cannot perform area air defense” and that the ship essentially lacked any ability to fire at enemies located above, making it a sitting duck for air attacks. At the time, a naval source with Defense News said that the ship "could carry and launch standard missiles, but the DDG 1000 combat system cant guide those missiles onward to a target."

Off the sea and in the air, the Pentagon is having other problems with costly crafts that aren’t operating up to snuff. After a serviceman was killed on board an F-22 Raptor stealth jet in 2010, the Air Force has repeatedly grounded the fleet over security concerns. Recently, several pilots announced that they would refuse to board the craft until all of its kinks were worked out. The Air Force has spent around $77.4 billion on its F-22 fleet so far — the cost of building and maintaining around 11 of the DDG-1000s — but has been forced to ground them time and time again. Around $400billion worth of high-tech F-35 fighter jets have been grounded no fewer than three times as well.

Although the Navy first ordered 32 of the DDG-1000s, they have slashed that figure three times; once the first boat is finished, only two more are currently slated to join it.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Mike Tyson77
Time's a flat circle

Rep Power: 88 Mike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond reputeMike Tyson77 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 22,960,648,139.92
Happy New Year - Freedom. Never left a man behind - Unknown Champ the whipping boy's done wrong! - - v e t - Thanks and YW ya crazy sumbtch - Jim Jeffries Brew back at you. Salud. - Sweet Pea 50 
cheers!!! - jose830 one more - jose830 Thanks, junk foods on me. Munch up!! - Terrel Here, take mine, I drink too god damned much anyhow - Dye you and me both - Frogs! 
have a fish first - Frogs! Happy birthday - ShaunRoberts Happy B-day.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy Birthday bro! - jose830 birthday pint m8 - the collector 
Happy birfday, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 Happy Birthday - jaded Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 14000 post! - jose830 When Gotham is ashes...then you have my permission to die! - LoadedWraps 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Mannie Phresh World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

the chinese use old surplus Nazi and Soviet **** in there "navy" The mighty U.S. War machine can be matched by nobody!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:35 PM
piojo del norte
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 piojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 120,360,175,998.13
Total Points: 241,361,598,776.73
Ice cold beer. - Round 1 have a pretzel - TuR'oK Calm down and enjoy some fruit. - Robin Hood saludos camarada - bigsmoothh New Billionaire - Roja's480 
cheers mate - bigsmoothh 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - !! AI-Holmes!! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigsmoothh 

pure jealousy.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:20 PM
MidnightSpecial
Dean of the Scene

Rep Power: 44 MidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,663,832,617,201.96
Total Points: 13,863,982,953,760.48
HDTV - MANGLER Thanks! - jazluvr for taking my abuse like a champion!! U.S showed heart my nigg.. I just like talking shit about u.s soccer. :D - -Jack- have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Gets hot in the south...drink up! - jazluvr 
good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang Drink up Cuzin!!!!!! Gulf Coast FTW!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! Cheers - AKATheMack have a fish - MidnightSpecial have a beer...its pabst - -pound4pound- 
Who Dat? - Super Saints! - LeeVanCleef Drink up Cuzzin!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! for a cool poster - led Heineken for my buddie! - Doreem The only guy who will give me a run for my money GIF style! - Dorian.. 
have a beer on me - led real talk - shogun tua Cheers! - Uncle Howie Feliz Navidad - El Mustang I couldn't send you karma, so gift instead. Kissing the ring, to keep the pimp hand strong :lol1: - Bossy 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Scientist Childhood Cancer - MARKBNLV Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Spray_resistant Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - LeeVanCleef World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - DorianWozniacki 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 

Chienese warships have never been battle tested so their opinion is rather moot.

American naval warships are very advanced as is, many of our old fleet ships like the ddg and lpd class.are stilled more advanced and tested compared to chienese design.

Ddg 1000's are nothing to mess with.

Look at the USS Cole....took a direct hit to a "soft" spot and never sank
Old 06-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Ukr_Alex
'Ah Mr Haye'

Rep Power: 18 Ukr_Alex has a reputation beyond reputeUkr_Alex has a reputation beyond reputeUkr_Alex has a reputation beyond reputeUkr_Alex has a reputation beyond reputeUkr_Alex has a reputation beyond reputeUkr_Alex has a reputation beyond reputeUkr_Alex has a reputation beyond reputeUkr_Alex has a reputation beyond reputeUkr_Alex has a reputation beyond reputeUkr_Alex has a reputation beyond reputeUkr_Alex has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,119.20
Let's start your gift collection - Artur Kyshenko For your excellent scholarship and intellectual contribution to this forum! - poet682006 Since donations are messed up, have a beer on me brother! - PainfromUkraine 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Artur Kyshenko Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - poet682006 

Here we go with more China BS...

The Chinese Navy is nothing......I mean really......Chinese engineering is sub par at best at everything they do...

Headlines like these only get people talking at forums like these...
Old 06-04-2012, 09:39 PM
pnksntdead
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 32 pnksntdead has a reputation beyond reputepnksntdead has a reputation beyond reputepnksntdead has a reputation beyond reputepnksntdead has a reputation beyond reputepnksntdead has a reputation beyond reputepnksntdead has a reputation beyond reputepnksntdead has a reputation beyond reputepnksntdead has a reputation beyond reputepnksntdead has a reputation beyond reputepnksntdead has a reputation beyond reputepnksntdead has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 670,029,070.82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
Here we go with more China BS...

The Chinese Navy is nothing......I mean really......Chinese engineering is sub par at best at everything they do...

Headlines like these only get people talking at forums like these...
the chinese admiral's tactic against it actually pretty ridiculous. load chinese junks with explosives, for what, to blown them up in hopes of damaging the ship? kinda like sending jackie chan against an armed navy seal.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:51 PM
RajahBell
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 RajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond reputeRajahBell has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 67,194,560,759.18
Total Points: 67,194,561,515.74
Happy Holidays  RajahBell, - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - led* 

For $3.1 billion, the DDG 1000's is a waste of money. Unless, the stealth feature makes it invisible to the naked eye, then it's pretty useless during the day. The U.S. Navy already has one of the most advance fleets in world, its overkill.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:24 PM
G A M E
ALL BLACK EVERYTHING

Rep Power: 10 G A M E has a reputation beyond reputeG A M E has a reputation beyond reputeG A M E has a reputation beyond reputeG A M E has a reputation beyond reputeG A M E has a reputation beyond reputeG A M E has a reputation beyond reputeG A M E has a reputation beyond reputeG A M E has a reputation beyond reputeG A M E has a reputation beyond reputeG A M E has a reputation beyond reputeG A M E has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 784,511,911,335.37
Total Points: 791,511,937,416.59
BURRRRRRRRRRRR! Smoke up! - Bloody$Nate$ No Message - Bossy No Message - Bossy To match the cookies :) - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MARKBNLV Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sir TomJones 

the petrodollar must be near its end... lol
Old 06-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Story
Am I free to go ?

Rep Power: 16 Story has a reputation beyond reputeStory has a reputation beyond reputeStory has a reputation beyond reputeStory has a reputation beyond reputeStory has a reputation beyond reputeStory has a reputation beyond reputeStory has a reputation beyond reputeStory has a reputation beyond reputeStory has a reputation beyond reputeStory has a reputation beyond reputeStory has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 258,443,959,308.84
Total Points: 258,443,965,396.08
medal for a high quality poster - JM1 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

The Chinese Navy is what really makes me laugh.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Rep Power: 57 Ziggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 46,756,133,091,705.98
Total Points: 46,756,133,092,797.80
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 
Send a message via Yahoo to Ziggy Stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajahBell View Post
For $3.1 billion, the DDG 1000's is a waste of money. Unless, the stealth feature makes it invisible to the naked eye, then it's pretty useless during the day. The U.S. Navy already has one of the most advance fleets in world, its overkill.
The quote in your sig, Tolya has said many times. He has better insight into Fischer than anyone I know of.

Poet