Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-31-2012, 08:56 PM
TheGreatA
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 42 TheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 141,366,822,687.30
Total Points: 142,367,067,149.16
To a great poster!! - abosworth great poster. - Melly-Mel For finding the Guzman stream, when nobody else could. - The_Bringer Just wanted to keep the pattern going Machine - danc1984 One of NSBs best contributors - BostonGuy 
7000 posts, congrats!! - JAB5239 To the LinkMaster! - S a m u r a i Respects to a great poster - Gift Of Gab Props on the picture! :lol1: - Spacey1991 Jussi Jääskeläinen - ЯiZО 
For Busting Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 To Celebrate The Exposure Of Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 thanks for the lesson! - mellow_mood This gift is for the videos you posted on my Tyson/Patterson thread a while back.  I recently noticed you posted some great interview videos of Patterson on the thread which I missed at the time because I didn’t follow up on checking the responses. - Benny Leonard For doing a great Glen Johnson highlight video! - St Lion 
To a great historian - Stoppage Good debate. No hard feelings. - Method Checker HERES TO YOU LEFTY - markbnlv Thanks for sharing your boxing knowledge. - Talisayen No Message - dancovboxer 
Hepatitis C - BattlingNelson World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MARKBNLV 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcvc View Post
well he says haye never did it under hims aswell, did haye have a tendancy to gas? he had been the full 12 twice.
Yes he does. He has however figured out a way to compensate for it, but in the process leaves himself more vulnerable to losing rounds (even to the likes of Nikolai Valuev). Haye has come up with some of the lowest punch statistics in compubox history, learning from his losing experience against Carl Thompson where he was administered oxygen after a mere 4 rounds of action.

If Khan wishes to cut back on roadwork, he has to become more economical, comfortable and relaxed in the ring. You have to be able to pick your punches, conserve your energy and use the rest periods to gather up a second wind. The explosive sprints work well enough for 3 minutes of action but when you go for a whole 30 minutes, the 1 minute rest period isn't enough to compensate in my estimation in a fast-paced fight.

His current style can only be kept up for 12 rounds with great all-around conditioning. He moves around at a fast pace, throws a ton of punches with a lot of speed behind them which can wear anybody out, almost equal to running a marathon. These new training techniques seem more suited for short, explosive bursts of energy.

Last edited by TheGreatA; 05-31-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-31-2012, 08:59 PM
vcvc
Banned

Rep Power: 0 vcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond reputevcvc has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,268,926,712.29
Total Points: 7,279,417,532.44
No Message - AL YANKAB*TCH No Message - kyshenko team here brother, no need to use bananas anymore - kyshenko team Respect - D.I.E.S.E.L For the youth club - BostonGuy 
youth club - BostonGuy a true n bomb - dj Benze :) - Bossy and another - Bossy No Message - Bossy 
No Message - Bossy faggot - project xxx1 sit on this - project xxx1 use this on emz - project xxx1 wipe your tears away bitch - project xxx1 
stick in your ass - project xxx1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - kyshenko team 

says he will post a video of khan doing the 4 plate deadlift.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:59 PM
Bobby Shmurda
A Hot Ni@@a

Rep Power: 38 Bobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 436,381,308,368.86
Total Points: 449,487,662,564.32
No Message - ИATAS206 Cool man.  Animes are cool. - jjbj2 kick this ignorant racist - Freedom. this guy can't even debate, he just goes straight to childish insults - happyman One of my favorite posters - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
One of my favorite posters - ROSS CALIFORNIA No Message - ROSS CALIFORNIA good poster - A-Wolf 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan Maxx View Post
In the late 90s or early 2000s, Joe Frazier and Shannon Briggs were on Howard Stern. Joe said he felt like fighters ran way too much and advised Shannon not to do much road work, because he felt it was bad for fighter's legs.
the problem with this statment is that when u look at the fighters who have lasted the longest in the sport even in this era, they are the guys that are the most conditioned, the guys who constantly run and work in the gym. guys like floyd and b hop and even to some extent mosely. these guys all run, they all do roadwork and they have been doing it for decades and their bodies have held up very well.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:07 PM
samouraļ
Le cercle rouge

Rep Power: 12 samouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,000,300,177,820.05
Sorry I had to insert this inside you - robust_ and this - robust_ Still crying over my comments about rap, and now the red K I gave you, so here's some tissues for you to dry those peeps - takingaim 

Did he give a reason for preferring high intensity bursts to roadwork? I know he said it's "old school" apparently but what's he say the problem with roadwork is? This could be bad for Khan, we'll see...
Old 05-31-2012, 09:10 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 51 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,693,290,947,890.12
Total Points: 2,703,891,059,844.51
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

When see Khan sucking wind under performing yet again against Garcia I am going to laugh thinking about this thread~
Old 05-31-2012, 09:15 PM
samouraļ
Le cercle rouge

Rep Power: 12 samouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,000,300,177,820.05
Sorry I had to insert this inside you - robust_ and this - robust_ Still crying over my comments about rap, and now the red K I gave you, so here's some tissues for you to dry those peeps - takingaim 

I just read that he has Khan on mostly organic raw food.

Someone also tweeted a question to him which he responded "getting body fat % down is mostly to do with diet my friend. Eat mostly raw food for a month and watch it go down"!

Studies actually show that fewer calories are absorbed from raw food. Depending on the food, it can even be something like half as much (I'll have to do a search, can't remember exact numbers). So of course your body fat % will go down. No ****.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:23 PM
tranquilo
Banned

Rep Power: 0 tranquilo is infamous around these partstranquilo is infamous around these partstranquilo is infamous around these partstranquilo is infamous around these partstranquilo is infamous around these partstranquilo is infamous around these partstranquilo is infamous around these partstranquilo is infamous around these partstranquilo is infamous around these partstranquilo is infamous around these partstranquilo is infamous around these parts
Bank: 13,755,312,765.01
Total Points: 13,755,438,136.28

oh god another str and conditioning coach making headlines

Ego inflation in 3.....2.....
Old 05-31-2012, 09:29 PM
RyunosukeRonin
CountingBodiesLikeSheep

Rep Power: 11 RyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,030,040,396.45
it's payday - mathed 

StairMaster should be adequate enough
Old 05-31-2012, 09:30 PM
Danny Gunz
Smokin'

Rep Power: 61 Danny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 16,451,994,658,777.01
Total Points: 18,736,810,004,586.07
Cool Poster. - Barnburner 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Danny Gunz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - WANGLER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dorian.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcvc View Post
he said he would rather do sprints, and activities that require bursts then long slow paced road work.
I believe this as well.

Sprints and other anaerobic activities should have prevalence. There is a place for long sustained pace running in boxing but it shouldnt be held higher then sprints and such.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:33 PM
Danny Gunz
Smokin'

Rep Power: 61 Danny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 16,451,994,658,777.01
Total Points: 18,736,810,004,586.07
Cool Poster. - Barnburner 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Danny Gunz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - WANGLER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dorian.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DempseyRollin View Post
there is no substitute for roadwork. none. in the over 100 years boxing has been around, no1 has really found a decent sub for it. just the way it is. roadwork is an essential element of training for numerous reasons. and i just dont see how khan of all ppl can cut it out of his routine.
When he says roadwork he is talking about running like 7 miles at the same pace.

With a sport like boxing where it is mainly anaerobic this isnt exactly helpful.