Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-30-2012, 05:26 PM
wallworkjake123
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 wallworkjake123 will become famous soon enoughwallworkjake123 will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,769.06
Default What do you think of...Adonis Stevenson?

I recently did a post on Adonis Stevenson for my blog.

And basically, I'm just wondering what you guys think of him? I don't see many threads or posts about him, so what do you think?

The IBF told Emanuel Steward that the Froch/Bute winner has nine months to fight Stevenson, so with Froch being the winner, we COULD see Froch/Stevenson later on in the year.

What do you think of that fight? And has Adonis Stevenson got the potential to become a World Champion?

I think he has got the potential to become a World Champion, and I would favour Froch to beat Stevenson, but Stevenson would have a punchers chance, regardless of how great Froch's chin is.

Also, Dan Rafael Tweeted that Stevenson could fight Edwin Rodriguez on the Pascal/Cloud under-card, what do you think of that fight IF it happens?

Let me know your thoughts. Cheers.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-30-2012, 05:34 PM
bibleofboxing
Banned

Total Points: 1,000,002,674.84

Adonis seems like a bit of an a--hole in real life. With that said, I have only ever seen the Bonsante fight so I don't have much of an opinion. Based on his record Froch and the big boys at 168 are going to be too much for him at this point.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:42 PM
wallworkjake123
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 wallworkjake123 will become famous soon enoughwallworkjake123 will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 3,769.06

Fair enough. But with his power, he has a chance to beat anyone. If someone like Steward trains him and says he can beat Bute or Froch, then he must have some skill. I'm not saying I think he can beat Bute or Froch BTW.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:43 PM
dan_cov
Graceful God Golovkin

Rep Power: 61 dan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,853,501,136,258,710,528.00
Total Points: 1,856,506,168,010,626,048.00
:beerchug: - jose830 thank you good sir - thuggery Thanks man - Jloro dan_cov makes Boxingscene a better place - valero Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed 
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed thanks - DannYankee09 p4p poster.  Thank you for keeping it 100% - damit305 you have great predictions - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas 
you deserve a medal for being a truly truly atg poster - jas I see you hit the lotto...congratulations :fing02: - -jose- Congrats good call. - Scott.Weiland. Enjoy - kennylimon solid - SlySlickSmooth 
ATG poster - Croyd a cookie for ur kitchen post lol - sugarsmosley Thx 4 points,made WC more fun - Scott.Weiland knows s**t about boxin' - SlySlickSmooth No Message - Scott Weiland 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ƒallenloki Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ƒallenloki Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ƒallenloki Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Daniel Alpha 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Daniel Alpha Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

He is a bit wreckless for my liking. I would like to see him against a fighter like Magee to see exactly where he is at & if he pulled through that which I would have doubts about I'd like to see him fight Bute, that to me would make more sense than to fight Froch.

I really don't think he would do well against Froch at all. In fact I think Froch would take him out early doors.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:46 PM
gaz26
Contender

Rep Power: 3 gaz26 is a jewel in the roughgaz26 is a jewel in the roughgaz26 is a jewel in the roughgaz26 is a jewel in the rough
Total Points: 43,497.81
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Wink i rate him

i rate him quite highly and think he will give froch a great fight, i like his punch variety and attitude inside the ring but being a bit of a d*ck outside of it is relevant with the way popularity plays a big part in promotional marketability, he is sort of like tim bradley in that respect, i was surprised that top rank signed tim bradley as he wasn't that popular despite arum trying to sell his family man image and i think adonis is in a similar position along with the high risk low reward that comes with him, other wise is a good solid all round fighter with potential to cause froch problems with his workrate though froch would more than likely stop him after a decent fight

Last edited by gaz26; 05-30-2012 at 05:48 PM.