Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-29-2012, 08:05 AM
steeluv
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 steeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these parts
Bank: 926,106.12
Total Points: 1,016,776.52
Default Is it me or is Amir Khan and career going to be same as Jermaine Taylor

Is it me or is Amir Khan and his career going to be same as Jermaine Taylor,
i have wondered this for a while, whilst people think Maidana as a test
I look at the accuracy of Maidiana and think otherwise. he cant counter punch, throws wild hooks all night long which can be avioded and counterpunched, and really is a terrible boxer. I think at any stage of Khans career he goes up against a Canelo or big hitter who can walk through khan his speed early on he will suffer a KO that will break him. We saw this with Jermaine Taylor and I think when Khan finally decides to take on elite fighters this will be the end of him
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-29-2012, 08:14 AM
Earl Hickey
Boooooomb Squad

Rep Power: 107 Earl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 331,779,835,227,580.19
Total Points: 332,279,835,943,632.62
have fun with this - Sir TomJones Apple - iBreakbeat You'll need these - Rip Chudd Congrats man! - Rip Chudd Stay safe - rorymac 
Making us BS members proud - Versastyle Happy early Bday and congrats on 10k love :kiss: - Bossy blue parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier Happy Birthday darling! I hope you have a wonderful day xxx - Bossy I swear you make my day with every single post. - Alx. 
LOL, that cracked me up. Here's a cold one on me. - BulgariasFinest Excellent poster. I chuckle every time you post that gif of RJJ getting KTFO. - I'm so sorry Here's one on me - led* 14k posts - ShaunRoberts Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
happy 15,000 - JonoYoungP4P Boxing scenes number one idiot - ROSS CALIFORNIA #FREE EARL HICKEY #JusticeForEarl - thuggery with a bit of luck it's not severe! - HUGH JASS Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Gift Giver AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - iBreakbeat 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Shiranui Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - thuggery 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeluv View Post
Is it me or is Amir Khan and his career going to be same as Jermaine Taylor,
i have wondered this for a while, whilst people think Maidana as a test
I look at the accuracy of Maidiana and think otherwise. he cant counter punch, throws wild hooks all night long which can be avioded and counterpunched, and really is a terrible boxer. I think at any stage of Khans career he goes up against a Canelo or big hitter who can walk through khan his speed early on he will suffer a KO that will break him. We saw this with Jermaine Taylor and I think when Khan finally decides to take on elite fighters this will be the end of him
Khan is a small 140lb'r, Alvarez a big 154lb'r I dont think they will ever cross paths, thats like asking if Floyd came across Mikkel Kessler would he fold?

Otherwise I do agree, Maidana fight was telling, A truly elite fighter would take Maidana apart easily, break him down and bomb him out late, he's the Edison Miranda of 140lbs.

Amir is very talented but has too many frailties, which will be shown up from time to time. His power is just a little too lacking for his style to be 100% effective, he is unsteady on his feet, lacks punch variety and has average at best punch resistance, his defence is leaky and he has no inside game.

The plus points are he has great hand and footspeed, underrated toughness, good height and length and a nice jab, he's pretty good, but not great. He needs to learn better defence, clinching and inside fighting skills, and also needs to relax in the ring, learn when to set his feet, learn when to punch with his opponent.

Against Lamont, P.E.D's aside Amir was quick enough to be able to plant his feet, beat Petersen to the punch, move to Petersens side, reset and throw, this way he could of landed harder shots, insted he folded, retreated, punched on the backfoot (sapping his shots of power) and allowed himself to be caught on the ropes, not imressive. Although I feel the problem stems from roach overrating Amir's punch power and beliving he can emulate Pacquiao, which he cannot, he needs to use his advantages i.e height and reach in ways Pac cannot, but lose the raiding tactics, they favour Pacs abilities and natural advantages, not Amir's.

Otherwise he is fun to watch though, I think he'll have a decent career, mostly wins with the odd loss sprinkled here and there.

Last edited by Earl Hickey; 05-29-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:18 AM
moochi
We need one organization!

Rep Power: 17 moochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond reputemoochi has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,067,817.42

lol Jermaine Taylor actually beat a couple top guns, Hopkins, Winky (draw), and very nearly beat Froch, etc..these are all A grade fighters..

Khan has beaten who?..at best B grade fighters!!..and also lost to Prescott and Peterson, who are also B grade fighters..

I still see Khan as a glorified amateur, another British hype job who they are trying to hype up like Hatton..
Old 05-29-2012, 08:19 AM
steeluv
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 steeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these partssteeluv is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
Khan is a small 140lb'r, Alvarez a big 154lb'r I dont think they will ever cross paths, thats like asking if Floyd came across Mikkel Kessler would he fold?

Otherwise I do agree, Maidana fight was telling, A truly elite fighter would take Maidana apart easily, break him down and bomb him out late, he's the Edison Miranda of 140lbs.

Amir is very talented but has too many frailties, which will be shown up from time to time. His power is just a little too lacking for his style to be 100% effective, he is unsteady on his feet, lacks punch variety and has average at best punch resistance, his defence is leaky and he has no inside game.

The plus points are he has great hand and footspeed, underrated toughness, good height and length and a nice jab, he's pretty good, but not great.

Otherwise he is fun to watch though, I think he'll have a decent career, mostly wins with the odd loss sprinkled here and there.
i wasnt meaning Canelo, I meant someone like him hense the use of 'a ' canelo not actual meaning canelo but someone with similar attributes
Old 05-29-2012, 08:23 AM
steeluv
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by moochi View Post
lol Jermaine Taylor actually beat a couple top guns, Hopkins, Winky (draw), and very nearly beat Froch, etc..these are all A grade fighters..

Khan has beaten who?..at best B grade fighters!!..and also lost to Prescott and Peterson, who are also B grade fighters..

I still see Khan as a glorified amateur, another British hype job who they are trying to hype up like Hatton..
I feel Khan has the potential to outbox fighters like B hop who are not hard hitters, thats why is partial hyped, but if he comes against an acurate hard hitting counter puncher, or someone who can walk through his game and land solid shots its good night Amir
Old 05-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Earl Hickey
Boooooomb Squad

Rep Power: 107 Earl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 331,779,835,227,580.19
Total Points: 332,279,835,943,632.62
have fun with this - Sir TomJones Apple - iBreakbeat You'll need these - Rip Chudd Congrats man! - Rip Chudd Stay safe - rorymac 
Making us BS members proud - Versastyle Happy early Bday and congrats on 10k love :kiss: - Bossy blue parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier Happy Birthday darling! I hope you have a wonderful day xxx - Bossy I swear you make my day with every single post. - Alx. 
LOL, that cracked me up. Here's a cold one on me. - BulgariasFinest Excellent poster. I chuckle every time you post that gif of RJJ getting KTFO. - I'm so sorry Here's one on me - led* 14k posts - ShaunRoberts Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
happy 15,000 - JonoYoungP4P Boxing scenes number one idiot - ROSS CALIFORNIA #FREE EARL HICKEY #JusticeForEarl - thuggery with a bit of luck it's not severe! - HUGH JASS Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Gift Giver AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - iBreakbeat 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Shiranui Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - thuggery 

Quote:
i wasnt meaning Canelo, I meant someone like him hense the use of 'a ' canelo not actual meaning canelo but someone with similar attributes
I agree, people saying Khan vs Ortiz or even Berto is a good fight are tripping imo, Khan would get massacred, i'd bet heavy on either to KO him the way he fights right now.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:27 AM
steeluv
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post

The plus points are he has great hand and footspeed, underrated toughness, good height and length and a nice jab, he's pretty good, but not great. He needs to learn better defence, clinching and inside fighting skills, and also needs to relax in the ring, learn when to set his feet, learn when to punch with his opponent.

Against Lamont, P.E.D's aside Amir was quick enough to be able to plant his feet, beat Petersen to the punch, move to Petersens side, reset and throw, this way he could of landed harder shots, insted he folded, retreated, punched on the backfoot (sapping his shots of power) and allowed himself to be caught on the ropes, not imressive. Although I feel the problem stems from roach overrating Amir's punch power and beliving he can emulate Pacquiao, which he cannot, he needs to use his advantages i.e height and reach in ways Pac cannot, but lose the raiding tactics, they favour Pacs abilities and natural advantages, not Amir's.

your opinon is right on the money! Khan should never try to be macho he just cant do it against the elite, he should use his foot and handspeed , he cant needs to learn to fight close up phonebox style
Old 05-29-2012, 08:28 AM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 38,932,130,396,952.56
Total Points: 40,187,452,007,404.77
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
I feel Khan has the potential to outbox fighters like B hop who are not hard hitters, thats why is partial hyped, but if he comes against an acurate hard hitting counter puncher, or someone who can walk through his game and land solid shots its good night Amir
Go on and go educate yourself kid. This post is hugh grant level of stupid.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:43 AM
hayZ
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 hayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,000,035,541,325.68
links - Sir TomJones for posting the truth about Zionism - Freedom. No Message - -jose- 

"Khan is a small 140lb'r"

He is like 5"10/5"11 of muscle at that weight. Look at his fight vs Judah, then tell me who is a small 140er. He is bigger than pretty much all 140'ers......he is a good fighter but beatable, he has hole in his game and people know it. His chin isn't great, but it isn't as bad as people think it is and he has that toughness/heart which gets him through certain situations even though his punch resistance isn't as good. I hate it when he taunts the opponent though, because I can tell he is hurt...you can tell he is out of it and not thinking straight.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Money_May
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 57 Money_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,608,090,873,545,836.00
Total Points: 22,610,245,130,302,832.00
:love: - Bossy :love: Cause you're super, man :P - Bossy Finishing the row off :D - Bossy :kiss: - Bossy No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Guy with a GIGANTIC Heart. - afiln the power of truth! - Panginoon My mateeeeeeeee :kiss: - Bossy 10000 post...drink up! - jose830 10000 posts! Congrats.. - ABOSWORTH 
Congrats! - Terrel Happy 10k babes and I know what tomo is :P - Bossy Cheers bro! - dan_cov The real Money May! - dan_cov May-kin' it rain - dan_cov 
Happy holidays bro! - led* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. thanks :beerchug: - jose830 A glass of zee finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 a man who knows his football - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - jas 

@ your spelling of fighters names in your sig the best being prince naseem Ahmed loooool