Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-26-2012, 05:58 PM
DoktorSleepless
DoktorWakeless

Rep Power: 29 DoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,107,972,000,781.61
cheers brother! - jose830 Thanks for posting that great fight - Libido Sanchez You're the Man! - SCEN3RY The GO-TO Medal! Given to those who report to duty! (1/20) LIMITED EDITION. - Golovkin have a beer - sugarsmosley 
Knows his stuff - jas 
Default USADA decided to destroy and not test Winky's and Quillin's blood/urine samples

Pretty weird.
Quote:
By Gabriel Montoya

Lost in the frenzy over Lamont Peterson and Andre Berto testing positive for synthetic testosterone and nandrolone respectively, two outcomes that killed two much anticipated rematches, was the news that Peter Quillin and Winky Wright had agreed to do USADA (United States Anti-Doping Agency) testing for their June 2 match at the Home Depot Center in Carson, CA. The bout is part of a quadruple-header on Showtime. When it was revealed Peterson had tested positive and then Berto’s positive was revealed the next week, Wright, a 40 year-old fighter returning after a four year layoff to take on a top middleweight contender in Quillin. The fight itself is going to be tough enough. All Wright was looking for was what Floyd Mayweather hoped to bring to the table almost three years ago: a level playing field.

“Everybody kept popping up positive for all this other stuff,” Wright told Maxboxing.com early Saturday morning. “I was just like boxing isn’t always a fair game. I figured I should get this, too. So I called Golden Boy and said ‘Why we ain’t doing it’ They was like “uh, etc., etc., this and this and that. What’s his name and someone didn’t want to pay or it something. I said ‘Ok. I’m going to pay for it. It’s all good. I just want to play on the same field, that’s all.”

According to Wright, his pricetag was $10,000 for the extra testing. Wright agreed. I asked which testing organization he asked for, USADA or VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Association, an independent testing organization that detected Peterson and Berto’s positive tests).

“I didn’t know the difference between them,” said Wright. “I just told Golden Boy I wanted to be tested and they came back with (USADA). I said 5.”

According to Wright, contracts were signed early last week. An exact date is forthcoming but somewhere around May 21 both sides had signed up for more testing. Peter Quillin discussed doing VADA testing on “The Boxing Lab” radio show Tuesday May 22. This writer tweeted a correction that night that it was in fact USADA testing he was doing.

The next day, May 23, this writer asked Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions if in fact, Wright and Quillin would be doing USADA testing. He told me no the testing was not happening due to the fact that the fight was happening June 2. There was no time to establish baselines and doing the testing properly with just two weeks to go, Schaefer said, was not possible. He seemed to not know what I was talking about. Schaefer did say that Golden Boy was working out a deal with USADA to do testing in future fights as opposed to VADA.

That same day, as told to Maxboxing.com’s Steve Kim by Peter Quillin, USADA collected both blood and urine samples to be tested for the Wright fight. On Thursday, Wright gave blood and urine to USADA as well.

“They came to my house at 6 in the morning. They took urine, blood. Everything,” said Wright.

But suddenly, just two days approximately after Quillen’s sample was taken and a day after Wright’s sample was taken, USADA contacted Wright’s lawyer and announced they would not be doing testing after all. The reason given was that USADA did not have the proper time to educate the fighters on what to take and what not to. The decision has Wright not suspicious of Quillin but rather perplexed by the whole situation. In the case of his fight with Quillin, he is the odd man out. Quillin is with Golden Boy and managed by Al Haymon. Wright has done business with both in the past but is something of a free agent.

“I think it was like two days. Two days later Golden Boy called and told Damien [Ramirez, Wright’s manager] and Damien told me. I don’t understand it. All I’m asking is ‘How do you take urine and take blood and then all of sudden you say you aren’t going to test it?’ Then they tried to make up an excuse and say they wanted to teach us. They ain’t nothing to teach. They took blood, they told us we would take a test and either come up positive or negative. That’s it. What are we doing this for? Are you going to tell me not to take something I don’t need to be taking? That’s cool. All I want to know is we are playing on the same field.”

Wright, wondering what was going on, decided to at least get the samples taken tested. This morning, his lawyer informed him that according to USADA, the samples have all been destroyed.

“They told us that weren’t going to do [testing] two days ago,” said Wright. “So my lawyer called today and asked for it to be tested and they told him today they threw it out.”

It is unclear at press time what the protocol would be in this situation and why USADA, after getting signed contracts and going so far as to take samples, suddenly decided, two days later, to cease testing.

“They told my attorney they threw it out. That’s crazy. Why would they throw it out.?They just finished telling us and they are going to throw it out already? Does this sound crazy?” asked Wright.

As he said, all he is looking for is a level playing field. But now, he is looking for answers to questions like ‘Why did they do the testing in the first place if there was not enough time? Why sign contracts? Why take samples of blood and urine?

“If they say that it’s too close to the fight to do the testing, I can understand,” said Wright. “But we gave samples. Let’s test that and let me see the result. They threw it out. I just don’t understand that. Does it sound weird to you, too?”

More details to follow.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-26-2012, 06:15 PM
elfag
Hawaiian F@g

Rep Power: 0 elfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,100,113,486.19

Seems like goldenboy is scare ****less of another positive result and having to cancel another fight
Old 05-26-2012, 06:16 PM
SCEN3RY
Kingslayer

Rep Power: 8 SCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 86,956,773,952.90
Total Points: 86,956,820,746.11
cheers. - chiguy91 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 

yeah...pretty odd. If they already had the samples just test what you have already collected, to assure the fighters both guys are clean...what's the harm in that?
Old 05-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Clegg

Rep Power: 154 Clegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,313,423,270,161,991.50
Total Points: 3,378,864,553,415,721.00
Before I get banned. - Richard Nixon FREE RiZO! - Carlton Banks MMM-My Sharona! - RiZО Have an apple Clegg - danc1984 Yank food is good - mangler jr 
Chunk cake - It's part of your 5 a day! - Chunk Coffee Is Professional - Loccy To make up for that soggy one. - Raider Monkz mhh Alizee is moi lolita &amp;lt;3 - cleaner147 Professional Cookie - Loccy 
super clegg - Old Coward No Message - -veteran420- with love - -veteran420- Merry Christmas - Flab Happy new year! - Toney Loc 
yum yum pot noodle - Mike_Hunt super e-baller - MANIAC310 Well deserved, never saw you at history section - HaglerSteelChin It sounds like you need one, LOL - HaglerSteelChin Have some more - HaglerSteelChin 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Scientist Gay and Lesbian Pride - RiΖΟ Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - PensionKiller Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy 
Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANGLER Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Head and Neck Cancer - LeeVanCleef 

Sounds very suspicious.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Fury
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 29,530,962,925.75
Total Points: 29,530,997,328.22
Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - I'm so sorry 

Quillin needs PEDs to have any chance against Winky.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Roman Moreno
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Roman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 4,230.73
although we disagree at times, you are a very good poster.  Good stuff champ!! - Atreyu Khalil living in a 3rd world country, i bet ur feet are dirty lolol - EDP445 Mayweather vs Cotto: Predictor Champion. - Barnburner 

I'm pretty sure there is a reasonable logical explanation for this?
Old 05-26-2012, 06:23 PM
DE100
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 DE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 53,842,431.60
Total Points: 154,697,516.94
No Message - DE100 hav a dollar - Good luck to Money. lolz - cleaner147 No Message - Tha Executioner DE FOR MOD! - Tha Executioner for my homie DE. - Tha Executioner 
for getting some well deserved recognition. - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner 
No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner 
No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Tha Executioner Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Tha Executioner Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Tha Executioner Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Tha Executioner Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Tha Executioner 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Tha Executioner Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Tha Executioner Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Tha Executioner Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Tha Executioner Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Tha Executioner 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Tha Executioner Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Tha Executioner Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Tha Executioner Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Tha Executioner Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - DE100 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingScenery View Post
yeah...pretty odd. If they already had the samples just test what you have already collected, to assure the fighters both guys are clean...what's the harm in that?
The harm could be that if they didnt do things by protocol, then the testing results would not be valid.

What a brilliant idea on all parties and Winky. Random testing starting within 10 days of a fight.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:27 PM
DE100
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 DE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond reputeDE100 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 53,842,431.60
Total Points: 154,697,516.94
No Message - DE100 hav a dollar - Good luck to Money. lolz - cleaner147 No Message - Tha Executioner DE FOR MOD! - Tha Executioner for my homie DE. - Tha Executioner 
for getting some well deserved recognition. - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Tha Executioner Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Tha Executioner Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Tha Executioner Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Tha Executioner Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - DE100 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Moreno View Post
I'm pretty sure there is a reasonable logical explanation for this?
Im sure there is, but when dealing with bias writers you know they're in a rush to report half of a story if it pushes their agenda.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Bobby Shmurda
A Hot Ni@@a

Rep Power: 39 Bobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 744,853,353,913.75
Total Points: 757,959,716,307.33
No Message - ИATAS206 Cool man.  Animes are cool. - jjbj2 kick this ignorant racist - Freedom. this guy can't even debate, he just goes straight to childish insults - happyman One of my favorite posters - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
One of my favorite posters - ROSS CALIFORNIA No Message - ROSS CALIFORNIA good poster - A-Wolf Great poster - jas 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas 

testing this close to a fight would indeed be pointless. i dont get who the hell thought it was a good idea in the first place.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Roman Moreno
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Roman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond reputeRoman Moreno has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 4,230.73
although we disagree at times, you are a very good poster.  Good stuff champ!! - Atreyu Khalil living in a 3rd world country, i bet ur feet are dirty lolol - EDP445 Mayweather vs Cotto: Predictor Champion. - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DE100 View Post
The harm could be that if they didnt do things by protocol, then the testing results would not be valid.

What a brilliant idea on all parties and Winky. Random testing starting within 10 days of a fight.
How would the test not be valid?