Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 05-25-2012, 05:12 PM
ad98
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 ad98 will become famous soon enoughad98 will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 21,890.43
Default The Dempsey roll??

How do i got about using The Dempsey roll and how could I build the endurance to do it for over 30 sec which is my max out point on atm
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-27-2012, 10:36 AM
TKD1
Contender

Rep Power: 4 TKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to allTKD1 is a name known to all
Bank: 284,651.45
Total Points: 295,985.45
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TKD1 

This is a great question!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 01:03 PM
SonnyDempsey
Contender

Rep Power: 4 SonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 45,275.68

Probably best to think of it in terms of a dance step. Don't really think of it in terms of fighting at first; you can add that later.

Practice it in the mirror and get the muscle memory down, and then worry about the conditioning later. It's all about muscle memory.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:24 PM
ad98
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 ad98 will become famous soon enoughad98 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDempsey View Post
Probably best to think of it in terms of a dance step. Don't really think of it in terms of fighting at first; you can add that later.

Practice it in the mirror and get the muscle memory down, and then worry about the conditioning later. It's all about muscle memory.
cheers i really only use it in shadowboxing as it is im gonna take your advice and maybe i'll get to use it in sparring soon
Old 05-27-2012, 06:59 PM
SonnyDempsey
Contender

Rep Power: 4 SonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 45,275.68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad98 View Post
cheers i really only use it in shadowboxing as it is im gonna take your advice and maybe i'll get to use it in sparring soon
Good luck with it. I'm sure you'll master it in no time. Just remember to stick with it and you'll get it down.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:02 PM
F l i c k e r
Gunslinger

Rep Power: 45 F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,723,386,440,311.27
Total Points: 26,723,386,552,099.70
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

It's just rolling under punches from left to right.

There is no special way to improve. It's just a method of evading a punch. So just do it while sparring, shadowboxing, while waiting for microwave to finish heating food. etc etc.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:48 AM
greynotsoold
Contender

Rep Power: 3 greynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,009,471.90

The trick is to punch while you roll. That requires good balance, and a feel for when your weight shifts, so you punch right.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:46 PM
sugar555
Contender

Rep Power: 0 sugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 33,102.33

it's just hooks from side to side nothing more nothing less and thats from a anime what makes you think that was anything close to the ones from the anime?
Old 06-21-2012, 05:47 PM
ad98
Up and Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar555 View Post
it's just hooks from side to side nothing more nothing less and thats from a anime what makes you think that was anything close to the ones from the anime?
You mean Ippo I know the difference between that one and the ''real dempsey roll'' I discovered it trough Ippo but I quickly found the real version you know without the figure 8 movement and all that stuff
Old 06-22-2012, 08:09 AM
Bingo33
Amateur

Total Points: 1,024.98
Default The Dempsey Roll

The Dempsey roll basically means bobbbing and weaving under a punch, closing in and countering, usually with a hook to the head or body. Learn to punch out of a crouch, learn head movement, learn the slip and slide that it requires. You learn the usual ways: punching the heavy bag out of a crouch, shadow boxing with your head not going above a certain height, and sparring. Marciano learned to punch hard out of a crouch by dropping all the way down butt touching calf and punching on the way up. If you do this wrong you will be walking into punches without the ability to avoid or counter and you will get destroyed so practice, practice, practice.