Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: How do you feel about MMA?
I only watch boxing, I hate MMA 9 9.89%
I watch both boxing and MMA 42 46.15%
I only watch boxing, but I don't hate MMA 34 37.36%
MMA is borderline gayp0rn and should be outlawed 6 6.59%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 05-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Jay Volcano
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 Jay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond reputeJay Volcano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3.92
Total Points: 1,001,034,746.46

I watch both. Although most of MMA fighters are tactically inept.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-24-2012, 09:09 AM
RL_GMA
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 41 RL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,111,532,495,441.73
Total Points: 20,111,532,666,868.67
tv ilegal vid. - mellow_mood Happy BIRTHday to your new baby boy. .  Congrats on being a POPS! - UglyPug congrats and make sure you'll be a superdad - Alx. Congrats, pops! - jazluvr Congratulations and all the best with your new little one. :wave: - Bossy 
Here's one for your baby boy - led Here's another one for you being a dad - led Congratulations on your new son, here's a lucky dollar... - jose830 Haha - Berges heres a burger for after,i already green kd u and couldnt do so again. - HUGH JASS 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RL_GMA 

I don't see what the big deal is about watching both. I enjoy MMA and Boxing. I like Boxing a little better because of how long I've followed it, but I'm not like these idiots who down MMA and never really watch it and just bash it for the sake of there being another contact sport that the media pits it up against Boxing. Even as a kid starting to follow Boxing I also loved Martial Arts so by nature I just gravitated towards MMA. It seems the hardcore Boxing fans get pissed because of the notoriety and attention MMA (in this case UFC) gets on a broad basis while trying to discredit the sport and the company, meanwhile (in the case for the UFC) they have coverage on Network TV, something Boxing hasn't seen in almost 2 decades. If you don't like MMA, that's cool, nobody's forcing you to watch it (like I'm not forced to watch Nascar).
Old 05-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Harry Balls
Mi Vida Loca

Rep Power: 14 Harry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,339,972,664,090.07
Total Points: 1,339,980,850,596.24
One of the best! - kyshenko team Depending on how old they are, try playing GTA 4 and trick them into thinking it's a cartoon. haha - Unknown Champ 

No because i took the time to see what it's about. And now i love both sports.

People have a chip on their shoulders and this comes to both pure mma and pure boxing fans.
They feel threatened that their sport will suffer due to the success of the other.

But it doesn't matter. In the end it's all about putting out a good product and if mma or boxing can't do that they don't deserve the casual fans interest.

If you feel it doesn't take extraordinary skills to master either sport you're a fool.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:13 AM
RL_GMA
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 41 RL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,111,532,495,441.73
Total Points: 20,111,532,666,868.67
tv ilegal vid. - mellow_mood Happy BIRTHday to your new baby boy. .  Congrats on being a POPS! - UglyPug congrats and make sure you'll be a superdad - Alx. Congrats, pops! - jazluvr Congratulations and all the best with your new little one. :wave: - Bossy 
Here's one for your baby boy - led Here's another one for you being a dad - led Congratulations on your new son, here's a lucky dollar... - jose830 Haha - Berges heres a burger for after,i already green kd u and couldnt do so again. - HUGH JASS 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RL_GMA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Balls View Post

People have a chip on their shoulders and this comes to both pure mma and pure boxing fans.
They feel threatened that their sport will suffer due to the success of the other.

But it doesn't matter. In the end it's all about putting out a good product and if mma or boxing can't do that they don't deserve the casual fans interest.

If you feel it doesn't take extraordinary skills to master either sport you're a fool.
Exactly................
Old 05-24-2012, 09:29 AM
The Guillotine
ORGASM DONOR

Rep Power: 5 The Guillotine has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guillotine has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guillotine has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guillotine has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guillotine has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guillotine has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guillotine has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guillotine has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guillotine has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guillotine has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guillotine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 123,157.36
Total Points: 1,900,118,961.71

I started watching mma a while back because of this guy. MMA has a plethura of good fighters, just as boxing does - I really don't understand why someone would just be a fan of one sport and not the other. If you are a fan of fighting - you'll like both sports.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:41 AM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 66 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,210,498,808,690,216.25
Total Points: 1,239,718,924,811,655.50
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

I've never watched MMA or UFC or whatever it is. Not remotely interested.

I sometimes look into it online on some online discussions, just to see what it's like and what not. But I've never actually watched a full fight.

I don't have an issue with it. I personally think it's awful but that's just my personal opinion. It obviously isn't an easy sport to master.

The sport has certainly grown, vastly. I see a lot of kids taking up it in the last 5 or so years as opposed to say 10, 20 years ago. No one was interested in that kind of thing back then.

It seems a lot of their fans consider it to be a threat to Boxing. It's not, by the way.

I remember speaking to a guy a few years ago when I believe they competed with Mayweather's fight with Marquez. He was telling me how the UFC card was going to beat it, and that Boxing is dying. And even provided all these statistics on why it's a dead certainity that the UFC card would obliterate it. Turns out, it didn't

I've never really spoken to a Boxing fan about UFC, but I get the feeling that the UFC fans have this strong idea that it's going to kill Boxing.

Despite the ignorance of Boxing fans these days I never hear them talking that way about UFC. As opposed to the UFC fans.

It seems there's a lot of ignorance on both sides. I'm certainly very ignorant to UFC, I couldn't tell you the first thing about it. That's why I usually steer clear to discussions like this
Old 05-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Luilun
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Luilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,107,512.42

The only time MMA is exciting is when their banging each other with punches and kicks once it goes to the ground it becomes a bore and 75% of the time their on the ground that is why i don't watch it.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:53 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Someone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,050,571.38
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz War Canelo - Red Cyclone 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Balls View Post

Good points made and I'm impressed with some of you
Old 05-24-2012, 09:57 AM
T-97
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide

Rep Power: 187 T-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,110,470,972,639.91
Total Points: 11,110,471,637,370.17
Romanian Steamie, Enjoy :p - Dorian wipe that semen off your avatar :P - texanballer Have a cookie! - ЯiZO Thanks for the link - Nautilus Thanks bud!! - -ROGELIO- 
I'm not drinking by myself :) - GreatJoe T man KO1 earth - KrisSilver CUNT! - ЯiZO CUNNNNNT! &amp;gt;=[ - ЯiZO The action in which the male ejaculates on his partner's face, and then the male punches his partner's nose, which causes blood to stream forth. The semen and blood fluids create a red and white image, just like the icing and filling of a strawberry - Stewie 
A small token of appreciation for your generosity! T FTW! - danc1984 For being one of the good guys. - FRKO To: T - TRAVI$ Happy New Year Mr T! - KrisSilver For being amazingly generous. My dude, you rock. - FRKO 
eat cookies - Jewshua I.O.U 500k - RiΖO For a lover of quality music - jazluvr Leave again and you die - Uns No Message - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Left Hook Tua Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - abosworth Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - abosworth Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Left Hook Tua Hepatitis C - Ryn0 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mr._Pink 

I watch both, used to hate MMA until I went to do some training at my local MMA Gym and started getting into it. I now enjoy both sports, although I prefer watching boxing as a lot of MMA fights involve too much stalling recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primera View Post
"boxing is just that, boxing. MMA has boxing AND everything else including wrestling, bjj, Muay Thai, and more. MMA fighters are more well rounded fighters. Boxers only have to watch for punches, whereas MMA fighters have to be prepared for strikes, kicks, and take downs."

can't recall how many times I've heard this from mma fans who hate boxing
Can you explain what about that statement is incorrect though? I love both sports, and I don't rate either above the other, but that statement is true. In boxing, you have to defend against punches coming in at you, in MMA you have to watch for other forms of offense as well... its just the nature of the sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Very Rich Man View Post
Don't forget the usual "Boxing is a dying breed" "Boxing isn't fighting" "Everyone only cares about 2 fighters in boxing".
Yeah, I can't stand that shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
I watch more MMA than boxing (mostly because it's on more) but I've always respected boxing more than MMA. MMA is embarrassing to be associated with because of the image and the fans . So, I'll tell people I watch boxing, and that I box and train Jiu Jitsu, but I won't say I'm into "UFC" unless they're savvy.
True. A lot of MMA fans are flat out embarrassingto be associated with
Old 05-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Elotero
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Elotero has much to be proud ofElotero has much to be proud ofElotero has much to be proud ofElotero has much to be proud ofElotero has much to be proud ofElotero has much to be proud ofElotero has much to be proud ofElotero has much to be proud ofElotero has much to be proud of
Bank: 35,656,829,548.14
Total Points: 238,656,801,404.11
Twitter Box - ThePhantom5 Salud, bro! - CubanGuyNYC 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primera View Post
their main form of defense is always something along the lines of this.....

"boxing is just that, boxing. MMA has boxing AND everything else including wrestling, bjj, Muay Thai, and more. MMA fighters are more well rounded fighters. Boxers only have to watch for punches, whereas MMA fighters have to be prepared for strikes, kicks, and take downs."

can't recall how many times I've heard this from mma fans who hate boxing
I have issue with calling yourself an "Ultimate Fighter" if you cant even box decently. If you cant even box, then you're just an OK fighter, not Ultimate.

Ive heard once that watching 12 rounds is too much. I guess its an A.D.D thing.

In MMA they cheer a MF for beating up a guy on the ground in a fetal position. I cant get behind that.

The glory in MMA is different than in Boxing. IMO, there is no glory in beating an already downed man. Others who have also boxed feel the same.

Plus, they dog on boxing because supposedly they can counter it with Jiu Jitsu easily, so what do they do in their fights? Box. Terribly. Even with their light ass he-man gloves.

Don't care for it.