Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-21-2012, 06:21 PM
- Ram Raid -
Capricorn # 1

Rep Power: 6 - Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,464,665,922.87
Total Points: 48,469,662,106.62
here is a well deserved banana for one of your morning smoothies - jas for following an epic diet - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealpugilist View Post
I do agree with you he could have been better but we really cant dwell on shoulda coulda woulda...just look at what he did as fighter. If he did have a different trainer he was better with his technique he would lose some of his best attribute....unpredictability and being unorthodox..

.I think by the time he got to Barrera it was not really skill and ability, it was preparation and arrogance...he didnt train as hard as he used to in the 90's, didnt throw in combination anymore depending on his power, and also didnt show the reflexes and movement that made him who he was

in his prime from 1995-1999 he looks totally different than when he fought after
That unpredictability and his unorthodox style for me would only ever have been successful against the type of lesser fighters that made up the vast majority of his opponents.

In his prime I only really remember him having three fights of note. When he first won the title against Robinson (who had been beaten quite a few times by then already and lets face it, wasn't that great anyway) and the fights against Johnson and Kelley who were both past their prime.

I agree with what you say about movement and combinations but I think Barrera had too much of an understanding of boxing fundamentals to come unstuck against Hamed.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-21-2012, 06:23 PM
-Lowkey-
Winter is coming

Rep Power: 13 -Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 724,166,468,176.02
Total Points: 724,273,542,686.03
:) - Bossy Hidden treasures of the Dothraki - Terrel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Crushin View Post

^^^^ look pictures showing a boxer getting punched in a boxing match ground breaking phenomenon right there keep up the good work.

Last edited by -Lowkey-; 05-21-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:38 PM
- Ram Raid -
Capricorn # 1

Rep Power: 6 - Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,464,665,922.87
Total Points: 48,469,662,106.62
here is a well deserved banana for one of your morning smoothies - jas for following an epic diet - jas 

A listened to this a while back. Manny Steward talks about his time working with Naz. It's well worth a look.

http://www.**********boxingradio.com...ight%E2%80%9D/
Old 05-21-2012, 06:38 PM
therealpugilist
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 therealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 250,018.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokely View Post
That unpredictability and his unorthodox style for me would only ever have been successful against the type of lesser fighters that made up the vast majority of his opponents.

In his prime I only really remember him having three fights of note. When he first won the title against Robinson (who had been beaten quite a few times by then already and lets face it, wasn't that great anyway) and the fights against Johnson and Kelley who were both past their prime.

I agree with what you say about movement and combinations but I think Barrera had too much of an understanding of boxing fundamentals to come unstuck against Hamed.
We could nitpick everyone's competition like that...Kelly only had one loss at the time and was 29/30, I agree Robinson wasnt that good, but Tom Johnson was past prime but had racking up title defenses and was on the best run of his career when he faced Hamed and got beat, Vuyani Bungu and Wilfredo Vazquez were very good fighters as well....Hamed wasnt in his prime when he lost to Barrera so one loss erases everything he did?

In retrospect, he beat every titlist of his time and was lineal champion at 126 for 4 years and only 37 fights beat 9 champions, thats pretty impressive....he is the last dominant featherweight champion their has been in a longtime
Old 05-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Roy Jones Jnr
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 Roy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 890,462,101.49
No Message - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifo Dyas View Post
^^^ same guy
Excuse me?
Old 05-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Harry Balls
Mi Vida Loca

Rep Power: 14 Harry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,366,772,117,371.87
Total Points: 1,366,780,304,499.26
One of the best! - kyshenko team Depending on how old they are, try playing GTA 4 and trick them into thinking it's a cartoon. haha - Unknown Champ 

One of the greatest feathers of all time for sure. Not sure about top10 but i really don't have a set list for this weight so maybe I'm wrong.

Extremely good athlete.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:10 PM
J Dubb II 330
Call Me Nighthawk

Rep Power: 8 J Dubb II 330 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Dubb II 330 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Dubb II 330 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Dubb II 330 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Dubb II 330 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Dubb II 330 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Dubb II 330 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Dubb II 330 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Dubb II 330 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Dubb II 330 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Dubb II 330 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 66,933,753,233.68
Total Points: 66,933,850,664.91
No Message - J Dubb II 330 No Message - J Dubb II 330 No Message - J Dubb II 330 

Resume is below average, he was very entertaining, im a big fan though
Old 05-21-2012, 10:56 PM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,738,163.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chups View Post
He will never make HOF. But then again.......if McGuigan did, what's not to stop?
I'd bet he will. Probably first ballot unless there are a lot of entrants.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:02 PM
DeadLikeMe

Rep Power: 58 DeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 184,546,299,755,797.53
Total Points: 184,731,307,244,795.75
Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab owning pactards - I'm so sorry No Message - MARKBNLV No Message - MARKBNLV 
No Message - MARKBNLV Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - WESS Thanks for the green - damit305 :rofl: :rofl: Your post on triggs thread - jose830 
No Message - WESS have a cold one on me - sugarsmosley 

The most overrated fighter of all-time doesn't get his due?
Old 05-22-2012, 08:52 AM
-Lowkey-
Winter is coming

Rep Power: 13 -Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 724,166,468,176.02
Total Points: 724,273,542,686.03
:) - Bossy Hidden treasures of the Dothraki - Terrel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
The most overrated fighter of all-time doesn't get his due?
Why bring up Mike Tyson in a Nas thread.